Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

6'5 former 10th overall pick, Mike Williams waived by Oakland (merged)

@DCGoldPants

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Are you kidding me? We have the best WR corp in the NFL, you'll see this week, or at the very least the following week but just in case that doesn't workout we shouldn't rule anyone or thing out.

I'll respectfully disagree. I think that our WR's are a weak link on offense. We have no intermediate passing game, suspect play calling notwithstanding.

Santana isn't playing like he's healthy and has been dropping passes all year. His YAC just aren't there anymore. I'd be hard pressed to name any other team in which Thrash would make the active roster. And he's too old to be on anybody's PS. His run blocking just isn't worth having him out there. Other than a scant few catches by Randle El and McCardell, I can't remember Campbell hitting any WR on an in route this season. I do remember a couple of balls bouncing off of Moss' hands in that part of the field. We certainly don't have anybody who can win a fight for the ball over a cornerback in the corner of the end zone.

IMHO, they are limiting our passing game, and we need to add another dimension. Is Mike Williams the answer? At this point in the season I don't think so, but it's something that needs to be addressed ASAP.

Are you kidding me? We have the best WR corp in the NFL, you'll see this week, or at the very least the following week but just in case that doesn't workout we shouldn't rule anyone or thing out.

I'll respectfully disagree. I think that our WR's are a weak link on offense. We have no intermediate passing game, suspect play calling notwithstanding.

Santana isn't playing like he's healthy and has been dropping passes all year. His YAC just aren't there anymore. I'd be hard pressed to name any other team in which Thrash would make the active roster. And he's too old to be on anybody's PS. His run blocking just isn't worth having him out there. Other than a scant few catches by Randle El and McCardell, I can't remember Campbell hitting any WR on an in route this season. I do remember a couple of balls bouncing off of Moss' hands in that part of the field. We certainly don't have anybody who can win a fight for the ball over a cornerback in the corner of the end zone.

IMHO, they are limiting our passing game, and we need to add another dimension. Is Mike Williams the answer? At this point in the season I don't think so, but it's something that needs to be addressed ASAP.

I think he was using sarcasm, though it is hard to convey sarcasm on a message board.

I would like to see him brought in, but it doesnt matter who we bring in if we dont play them. Our coaching situation is a big head scratcher. Saunders, or Gibbs, or both? Which is it? Whoever it is, can we go out and get a tall reciever that has an upside? Sure, toss Ol WIlliams on the squad this year, lets see what he can do i guess.

I think he was using sarcasm, though it is hard to convey sarcasm on a message board.

I would like to see him brought in, but it doesnt matter who we bring in if we dont play them. Our coaching situation is a big head scratcher. Saunders, or Gibbs, or both? Which is it? Whoever it is, can we go out and get a tall reciever that has an upside? Sure, toss Ol WIlliams on the squad this year, lets see what he can do i guess.

Guest RideorDieChic
Not that this guy is Randy Moss.

But in Oakland over 2 years. Moss TOTALED 82 Catches and 11 TD's.

In New England he already has 47 catches and 11 TD's.

Again, he's NOT Randy Moss.

But could it be that Oakland and Detroit are just BAD teams? He's young, he's tall, he's probably cheap.

the difference is that everyone saw what Moss was about during his tenure with Green and the Vikings...Moss has always been a beast, while in Okland Moss' mouth, not his talent was the reason for his underachievements.

Guest RideorDieChic
Not that this guy is Randy Moss.

But in Oakland over 2 years. Moss TOTALED 82 Catches and 11 TD's.

In New England he already has 47 catches and 11 TD's.

Again, he's NOT Randy Moss.

But could it be that Oakland and Detroit are just BAD teams? He's young, he's tall, he's probably cheap.

the difference is that everyone saw what Moss was about during his tenure with Green and the Vikings...Moss has always been a beast, while in Okland Moss' mouth, not his talent was the reason for his underachievements.

They also got rid of Randy Moss. WRs just can't seem to do well in Oakland these days can they?

The difference is, Randy Moss actually had a history of success. He also landed in a situation where he KNEW the organization wasn't going to tolerate any mess. As a result, his career has been revived. Mike Williams has been out of shape, complained and under-achieved. What makes you think it will be any different if he comes here?

They also got rid of Randy Moss. WRs just can't seem to do well in Oakland these days can they?

The difference is, Randy Moss actually had a history of success. He also landed in a situation where he KNEW the organization wasn't going to tolerate any mess. As a result, his career has been revived. Mike Williams has been out of shape, complained and under-achieved. What makes you think it will be any different if he comes here?

Randy Moss had the young, healthy and talented Culpepper in Minny. Williams has had who at QB?

Moss now had Brady.

Chris Chambers now has Rivers

Curtis has McNugget

QB's make a difference.

Randy Moss had the young, healthy and talented Culpepper in Minny. Williams has had who at QB?

Moss now had Brady.

Chris Chambers now has Rivers

Curtis has McNugget

QB's make a difference.

Archived