Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

6'5 former 10th overall pick, Mike Williams waived by Oakland (merged)

@DCGoldPants

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

No way. His draft team (lions) and his position coach from college (Kiffin) have deemed him a bust at this level. He is a bust! The word in detroit was how big headed he got after the big contract and how unwilling he was to adjust his work ethic for the pro game.

He would have no redeeming value for this team. If McCardell can't crack the starting line-up, this guy shouldn't even be allowed to practice with the team.

No way. His draft team (lions) and his position coach from college (Kiffin) have deemed him a bust at this level. He is a bust! The word in detroit was how big headed he got after the big contract and how unwilling he was to adjust his work ethic for the pro game.

He would have no redeeming value for this team. If McCardell can't crack the starting line-up, this guy shouldn't even be allowed to practice with the team.

I'd say sign him, force some basic plays down his throat and put him on the field, you guys are right he couldn't be any worse than what we get from our current WRs

Are you kidding me? We have the best WR corp in the NFL, you'll see this week, or at the very least the following week but just in case that doesn't workout we shouldn't rule anyone or thing out.

You're joking right? ... even if you aren't and they do have a big week... ITS THE JETS =p

I'd say sign him, force some basic plays down his throat and put him on the field, you guys are right he couldn't be any worse than what we get from our current WRs

Are you kidding me? We have the best WR corp in the NFL, you'll see this week, or at the very least the following week but just in case that doesn't workout we shouldn't rule anyone or thing out.

You're joking right? ... even if you aren't and they do have a big week... ITS THE JETS =p

I'm not saying you're wrong but who's word in Detroit? Where did this info come from because I would like to see it, I'm for giving him a chance but if what you say is true then maybe he doesn't belong in the NFL but I'm curious to see proof

I'm not saying you're wrong but who's word in Detroit? Where did this info come from because I would like to see it, I'm for giving him a chance but if what you say is true then maybe he doesn't belong in the NFL but I'm curious to see proof

Doesn't sound like he's got the best hands. First Detroit, and now Oakland think so at least.

Why should we sign another guy, when we have a stock pile of wide outs, and dont use them, and this guy is gonna crack the starting line up :rolleyes:

Doesn't sound like he's got the best hands. First Detroit, and now Oakland think so at least.

Why should we sign another guy, when we have a stock pile of wide outs, and dont use them, and this guy is gonna crack the starting line up :rolleyes:

Guest RideorDieChic
Sign him up... he'll fit right in.

Sad but true :( :(

Guys, I know we're hurting right now but really though, when are we{ES} going to learn that GOOD players are not realeased [especially] during midseason :laugh: , most good players are traded [although we know by past experiences that there are exceptions to this rule:doh: ]...

Guest RideorDieChic
Sign him up... he'll fit right in.

Sad but true :( :(

Guys, I know we're hurting right now but really though, when are we{ES} going to learn that GOOD players are not realeased [especially] during midseason :laugh: , most good players are traded [although we know by past experiences that there are exceptions to this rule:doh: ]...

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/20060.html

I'm not one to say "Give this guy another chance"

But, considering how cheap he would be to pay right now. I wouldn't be the least upset if he were signed with the intentions of being with the team in the offseason, and seeing what he could bring to camp next year.

Of course a 6-5 WR would be nice considering our gents aren't the tallest out there.

Considering how we're using Caldwell and McCardell. This dude is at least a lot younger.

Maybe we should run this by Cowher first?

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/20060.html

I'm not one to say "Give this guy another chance"

But, considering how cheap he would be to pay right now. I wouldn't be the least upset if he were signed with the intentions of being with the team in the offseason, and seeing what he could bring to camp next year.

Of course a 6-5 WR would be nice considering our gents aren't the tallest out there.

Considering how we're using Caldwell and McCardell. This dude is at least a lot younger.

Maybe we should run this by Cowher first?

Wrong, Westbrook actually scored touchdowns in this league!

Yeah, but he didn't have the type of career he should have had. He was a bust, never made the pro bowl, and like Williams, was a top ten pick. Williams has been on two teams in three years. He's headed in the direction that Westbrook ended up.

Wrong, Westbrook actually scored touchdowns in this league!

Yeah, but he didn't have the type of career he should have had. He was a bust, never made the pro bowl, and like Williams, was a top ten pick. Williams has been on two teams in three years. He's headed in the direction that Westbrook ended up.

Not that this guy is Randy Moss.

But in Oakland over 2 years. Moss TOTALED 82 Catches and 11 TD's.

In New England he already has 47 catches and 11 TD's.

Again, he's NOT Randy Moss.

But could it be that Oakland and Detroit are just BAD teams? He's young, he's tall, he's probably cheap.

Not that this guy is Randy Moss.

But in Oakland over 2 years. Moss TOTALED 82 Catches and 11 TD's.

In New England he already has 47 catches and 11 TD's.

Again, he's NOT Randy Moss.

But could it be that Oakland and Detroit are just BAD teams? He's young, he's tall, he's probably cheap.

Archived