Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some Pats fans think Skins are as bad as Miami!

BrodysDad

With that amazing logic I guess you could say the Cowboys are only slightly better than the Bills because they only beat them by a field goal. :rolleyes:

Get real man..a win is a win...and not to mention that was opening day. Every team has hope for a brand new year, and most times you get a really bad teams best.

And there's another excuse to add to the pile...a bad team's best on opening day? Wow...

I mean, Come on! How clueless do you have to be to even ask the question??

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=64663

Patriot fans are talking about the Skins the way most Skins fans were talking about the Cards last week. Although the Cards didn't win, they made many fans eat their words.

You and others can be insulted all you want. Your reaction will be proven right or wrong on the field Sunday. Frankly, their conversation about us shouldn't surprise anyone.

EDIT: I posted before I read the NE fans' posts. I didn't read NE fans dissing the Skins. Most respect the defense, but believe our offense is suspect. Sounds like what we are saying about the Skins.

totally pointless to get into any kind of pissing match w/ Pats fans right now. They have every reason to expect their team will smoke us like they have smoked everyone else they have played. We barely moved the ball at ALL against the Cardinals. At home. What kind of props do you expect? (Don't get me wrong, I'll happily take the W).

This is a week to shut up, hunker down and hope to come out and surprise some people by at least giving New England some semblance of a game, which I think we can.

I thought some of their fans gave a fair assessment. Pats fans are usually relatively knowledgeable: You aren't going to see the same type of posts that you would see from our rival fans in Dallas, Philly, or NY.

Plus, the Pats are a damn good team, so I see little use in any sort of smack talking. Their team is currently playing like one of the best modern teams, EVER.

I really hope we go into NE and obliterate the Patriots. I think I am just being a homer. I feel that this team has so much talent and it is just being under utilized right now. The offense has the potential to be so explosive but it isn't at all. I have no idea why and I don't think it is the line. Gibbs needs to get out his sword and shield for this game and prepare to do some serious battle.

This is just so not true. I am a 30 year + season ticket holder and there were plenty of fans in New England in the early years even though we were complete bums. In 3 years, I sat through two 1-15 seasons and never missed a game.

And if you think the fans don't appreciate the Pats, you are oh so wrong. They are equal or above the popularity of the Red Sox. And the Red Sox fans are about as rabid as you can get.

As far as your team, you have a known fan base that is loyal. I like that in a team. And whether you win or lose you will have your fan base. And that is the case with the Pats fans right now.

And I would never knock your team as a result of what I have said. As far as how we are playing now, it is outstanding and I am going to appreciate every second. Brady is the core, and at some point he will retire. But now he has some really good WR's, Moss is par excellence, so I am going to just enjoy it.

Hey you had your years, and I actually cheered for you in your SB wins.

And as a last note, I feel bad for Miami. Really bad. This is a proud organization with a good fan base. As a fan, I can relate, we were just as bad. I feel bad for Buffalo too. I actually like their team.

But for me, it is the Pats, and only the Pats that I really care about.

Were you living in Massachusettts or very close? If so, that was my point. I've lived here all my life, and never saw anyone support the Pats until a few years ago. Yes, there were some fans, like yourself, but nowhere near what there is now. Before, you could go to Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, or Connecticut and never see a Pats fan. Now, every state in New England has a ton of them.

My next question, how do you still get to all the games as a season ticket holder living in Florida?

Well, just as we are 4-2.. we are very close to bing 1-5. Right now we are not a good football team as a whole.

Will the Pats run up 40 pts on us? I don't think that will happen..but they'll score atleast 27. Especially the way we keep the defense on the field almost the entire game.

Yeah, but we're also a few plays away from 6-0. You can spin it as you please.

Were you living in Massachusettts or very close? If so, that was my point. I've lived here all my life, and never saw anyone support the Pats until a few years ago. Yes, there were some fans, like yourself, but nowhere near what there is now. Before, you could go to Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, or Connecticut and never see a Pats fan. Now, every state in New England has a ton of them.

My next question, how do you still get to all the games as a season ticket holder living in Florida?

I lived in Rhode Island. I live most (but not all) of the time in Florida now. In fact we just returned from New Hampshire. I would like to move back to Rhode Island, but the real estate market here is beyond bad -- nothing is moving. I go to as many games as I can, but not all. I will never give up my tickets -- I lived in Dallas for 4 years in the mid-80's and still paid for my tickets -- oh, went to the '86 SB, that was NOT fun.

As far as what you are saying, when I first moved to New England I was in my late teens. I was a Dallas Cowboy fan then and the only team supported in New England was the Giants. So there were lots of Giant fans and even when we got the Pats, the old die-hards continued to be Giant fans.

Me, I became a Patriot fan. I signed up for season tickets -- I think it was around 1974 -- I don't remember the year it was so long ago. We had some good years, but most were bad. I think our lowest season ticket holders was around 25,000. That was in a stadium that held around 58,000. It was a long time for New England fans to really start supporting the team, but it was before we won a SB. It really happened when Kraft bought the team. I think every game has been sold out since then and we have a 50,000 season ticket waiting list.

Lots of reasons why it took so long. Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins to name a few. I used to go to Patriot games and they would be updating the Red Sox scores all the time. And also the Giant fan base for the football fans we did have in New England. And couple that with the fact that for the most part we had really bad teams --- and bad owners, and a really bad stadium (I actually loved the old stadium - real football not fluff fans).

I have to tell you though, the people that stuck by the team and had tickets since the 70's are now all on the 50 yard line in club seats. I see the same people I saw years ago. New fans, they don't even have a small chance to even get season tickets. I guess at some point I will give them up because of age, but I will still be watching them on TV.

Oh, and for the record, even in our worst years, I went to every game and loved the Pats. I am really not a native New Englander, just became one and love the area. So forget baseball, basketball, and hockey. I am a true , die-hard football fan.

To tell you the truth, when the Skins were as good as the Patriots (last time being 1991) I pretty much dismissed other teams too. Even teams with good records. I just didn't think they were in the same class as the Skins.

I'm not going to hold the Pats fans arrogance against them. It naturally occurs when your team is that good. Hell, I even remember back in 83 when the Skins would be pasting a given opponent that I would even begin to genuinely feel sorry for that team.That kind of arrogance doesn't just go away, it has to be beaten out of you.

Something the Redskins defense is fully capable of doing this Sunday.

Pats Fan, it looks like we kind of agree. There weren't many fans back then. Now their fans, and their merchandise, is all over. And it really started taking off a few years ago. That's what I was talking about before.

Yes, but can we also agree it happened before we ever won a SB. It happened when Kraft bought the team.

I guess it kind of rubs me the wrong way when people think there were no Pats fans before we won a SB. There were people like me, and plenty of others that have followed the team for years -- in spite of being the joke of the league.

And I also believe when we start losing again (post Brady), the fans will still be there. Like with the Red Sox. One thing I learned about people in New England, slow to embrace you, but once they do, friends for life.

Crust of the earth people. That's why I love New England.

Miami did manage to put up 28 points on NE. And some of that was b/c they were getting blown out and NE backed off, but does anyone think we get 28 points on Sunday?

Answer your own question. Since Gibbs has returned, how many times has this team scored 28+ points. Now on top of that you are asking if they can do it against the best team this year. Got your answer? :laugh:

Let them think whatever they want to think but in all fairness though what do you guys expect especially after yesterday game against The Cardinals?. However, I do think being compared to the Dolphins is an insult but I do understand why they making that comparison.

If they play like they play against the Cardinals the slim chance that they do have you can hang it up. This team has to transform in to something great in several days. With our defense I think we can keep it close for a while but the offense is going to have to show something. I am not the voice of doom saying they do not have a shot because I really do believe they will have a shot.

Skins has to bring their A game they have to play a complete flawless game to pull what would be consider the "Upset Of The Century".

i read that too. i dont expect a huge win for us, and i dont neccessarily EXPECT a victory. that being said, i think our D will show up, stop the run, and if we can make some big plays who knows what could happen. a couple bigp lays could keep us in the game. i doubt brady makes many mistakes, so we have to hit hard, wrap up, and pry out some footballs.

also, we have to stop them on their first possession. i read that they have scored on their first possession something like every time this season? thats absolutely crazy. i think a stop on the first possession could go a big way towards a close game.

tgijef

Your right about Brady not making mistakes we have to get to him early and often make him force the ball take him out of his rythem. Do we blitz alot in this game? I think we have too. If they pick up our blitzes were doomed, if we dont blitz I think Brady will shread our defense. Any thoughts?

Surprisingly, after looking at their message board, a lot of their threads seem pretty level-headed and smart. I'm impressed that they can stay somewhat humble with the season they're having. I'd hate to see this place if we were playing like the Pats. Thankfully this board has people like me, though, that would simmer this place down.

Trouble is, blitzes don't really frazzle him either. This is gonna be a rough one for GW to gameplan for, but I think he's creative and smart enough to build a good one. A plan better than any of us can make, anyway.

You guys have to remember that he actually said it himself that he isn't blitzing very much for reasons. I won't provide a link because i don't feel like it :silly: but I'm sure some of you remember what i'm talking about. He has been using them to help out with the pass coverage and barely blitzing anyone at all. So it's not that our 'blitzes' haven't been very effective, it's that we just haven't used them. I'm sure we'll be a little more aggresive against Brady though. Here's to hoping for a good game! :cheers:

Archived