Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some Pats fans think Skins are as bad as Miami!

BrodysDad

i just say **** em -

i think the redskins have the ability to put up a really tough fight -and if that happens who knows what is possible.

also, it must be real easy to be a pats fan all the time. im sure a lot of them on that board are real fans and have loved the team for years, but i bet a lot of people no that board also would just jump ship if the pats started losing (if that ever happens)

tgijef

I'm from New England, and before the Pats started winning SBs they didn't have any fans. I never saw one Pats fan before they started winning. If they start losing again, their only fans would be in Mass., just like it was before.

If you want, you could look at it this way...

The Pats gave up 28 pts to a Dolphins team playing their back up quarterback as well as not having their number 1 WR. What does that say about the Pats?

They were up 42-7 at halftime. Giving up a few garbage-time touchdowns does not make them a vulnerable defense.

This is great. Plus Indy is coming up for them too. They have NO CLUE what kind of defense they are going to face. Especially if Marcus Washington returns. I won't go as far to say they are walking into a lion's den but I think we have by far the best defense they have seen or maybe will see.

Do you think New england deserves all those superbowls. I mean the fans didn't even care about the team. The browns should have them, I feel so sorry for their fans or even the bills. But, the pats fans are like the eagle fans love them when they win hate em when they lose. The skins' fan base went through the NOrv years and still sold out each game and believed every years the skins will make it to the superbowl. Hail.

just to summarize how great the pats fans are....they are so great that they have to draw from 5 states in order to build a fan base because nobody in the whole of new england even cares to support a local team. talk about the ultimate band wagon compilation of fans.

"whose your team?"

"the pats"

"aren't you from hartford?"

"well yea but i don't really follow any team and i guess i'm in new england so they are my team."

I hope the team and coaching staff think that also. If they do, then they will prepare this way and they won't know what hit them once gametime begins.

I don't believe Belechick will let his team think this. He hasn't gotten to where he is by not preparing his team.

lol :laugh:

You people are hilarious. We're WAY closer to being 6-0 than 1-5

And you are hilarious to the fact that our team has tried to give almost every single win we have away in the second half of the game. We barely got by Miami, we barely got by the Eagles, we dusted the Lions and should of lost yesterday. Rackers is usually a given from that distance.. We were lucky.

So don't give me the argument that you think we should be sitting at 6-0, we aren't that good as a team.

lol :laugh:

You people are hilarious. We're WAY closer to being 6-0 than 1-5

I AGREE!! SOMETIMES I WONDER HOW MANY REDSKINS FANS ON HERE ARE REALLY FANS. PEOPLE ON HERE ARE ALWAYS BASHING THE TEAM. WE WILL BEAT the ne patriots. WE MATCH UP WELL AGAINST THEM AND COACH GIBBS GAME PLAN WILL CHANGE. SOME OF THE PLAYERS THAT I BELEIVE COULD HAVE PLAYED YESTERDAY WILL PLAY AGAINST ne. IT WAS A GOOD THING TO HOLD SOME OF THE PLAYERS SO THAT THEY WILL BE HEALTHY THIS WEEK.

I can't stand most Pats fans. The vast majority of their fans are bandwagoners who claim to have been fans for far longer than they really have. They are an easy team to follow, so weak-minded people chose to follow them. Their team has no sense of humor, their coach is a jerk and their fans are mostly fairweathers who like to rub their team in your face without actually knowing anything about them.

That said, I have nothing against Pats fans who have REALLY been following the team since before this decade. They don't bother me and should be proud of the team they have assembled.

Edit: [/rant]

And you are hilarious to the fact that our team has tried to give almost every single win we have away in the second half of the game. We barely got by Miami, we barely got by the Eagles, we dusted the Lions and should of lost yesterday. Rackers is usually a given from that distance.. We were lucky.

So don't give me the argument that you think we should be sitting at 6-0, we aren't that good as a team.

you aren't a 6-0 individual. We, the true Redskins fans could be 6-0 easily.

Didn't the Skins only beat the Dolphins by a field goal in overtime at home this year? They ain't that much better...

This is a true point, so I am hoping the phins can knock off the Giants this week. The other thing that needs to be brought out, is that the Redskins have played great offenses compared to the defenses that NE has played.

Washington's Opponents

Team Offense: YDS POINTS PASS RUSH

Miami 15 12 15 15

Phil 9 22 14 12

Giants 10 6 16 10

Detroit 16 10 7 27

Greenbay 12 9 3 32

Arizona 13 14 9 18

NE 1 1 1 7

New England's Opponents

Team Defense YDS POINTS PASS RUSH

NYJ 28 28 26 28

BUF 31 18 31 25

San Diego 16 15 25 6

CIN 29 31 28 27

CLEV 32 30 29 30

DAL 7 21 16 7

Miami 27 32 15 31

Wash 4 3 8 5

Through 6 games, we are by far the best overall defense that they will have played against thus far. We are the best passing defense that they will play against. That being said, they will be by far the best offense, and most importantly they are the best rushing team that we will have played this far. I am not so much concerned about Brady and Moss as I am about Moroney and Morris.

im hoping williams doesnt think that rushing 4 is gonna frazzle brady, we need some of those blitz packages.

Trouble is, blitzes don't really frazzle him either. This is gonna be a rough one for GW to gameplan for, but I think he's creative and smart enough to build a good one. A plan better than any of us can make, anyway.

I don't know about being as bad as Miami, but the Patriots are going to beat the snot out of us if we continue to play like we did against the Cards.

Not if we put together what we did to the Lions & play defense throughout the entire 4 quarters. It's very possible that we can win this game. Our offense can score as easily as the Pats can. We have an offense that can spread the field on them. Two very talented wr's and a tight end that needs to be used more than it has in yesterdays game. Our rb's have the talent but our offensive line needs to get healthy..praying..in order for any of this to hold true.

Jason Cambell knows he can trust his veterans up front but when you get substitutes in there I'm sure there is doubt and you cant have that happen. The chemistry/talent that the Pats have upfront is what makes Brady, period(Note he is talented also). He has time to look at the field of play and pick defenses apart. Jason has the same ability, just needs more help upfront. Once that starts to happen we will see this team excel to the level it should.

This game is great indicator of what our defense is really about. Will Greg put in more blitz packages this game? I certainly hope so. Will Greg make sure our corners don't give the opponent 10 yard cushions? I hope so. He needs to tighten things up outside and press Brady or else it's going to be real ugly for the Redskins.

All in all..the Redskins have to come out and make a statement against the Pats! The team needs to find out who they really want to be this season, mediocre or great?

HTTR!!!

With our injuries on offense we don't look much better than Miami....Miami did manage to put up 28 points on NE. And some of that was b/c they were getting blown out and NE backed off, but does anyone think we get 28 points on Sunday?

Only if they switch defenses with Detroit, and/or get someone to get Gibbs to agree to take the handcuffs off. Rots of Ruck.

They are right! right now our offense *IS* just as bad as Miami. 160 net yards is the lowest amount the cardinals have given up to an oppenent all season!!

160 net yards, is an effin' DISGRACE! And please, save your breath calling me not a true skins fan. I want my team to win, and not just win, but in a convincing matter. I want our wins to come from us beating the other team, not the other team giving us the win, like the ARZ did yesterday.

i read that too. i dont expect a huge win for us, and i dont neccessarily EXPECT a victory. that being said, i think our D will show up, stop the run, and if we can make some big plays who knows what could happen. a couple bigp lays could keep us in the game. i doubt brady makes many mistakes, so we have to hit hard, wrap up, and pry out some footballs.

also, we have to stop them on their first possession. i read that they have scored on their first possession something like every time this season? thats absolutely crazy. i think a stop on the first possession could go a big way towards a close game.

tgijef

There's no run to stop. Right now NE is doing it all through the air. IMO, the Skins need to keep their O off the field, period. If we can do that we stand a chance. Problem here is, our O can't seem to stay on the field, and that is what scares me about this game.

Hail Skins.............Eileen

Didn't the Skins only beat the Dolphins by a field goal in

overtime at home this year? They ain't that much better...

With that amazing logic I guess you could say the Cowboys are only slightly better than the Bills because they only beat them by a field goal. :rolleyes:

Get real man..a win is a win...and not to mention that was opening day. Every team has hope for a brand new year, and most times you get a really bad teams best.

I'm from New England, and before the Pats started winning SBs they didn't have any fans. I never saw one Pats fan before they started winning. If they start losing again, their only fans would be in Mass., just like it was before.

This is just so not true. I am a 30 year + season ticket holder and there were plenty of fans in New England in the early years even though we were complete bums. In 3 years, I sat through two 1-15 seasons and never missed a game.

And if you think the fans don't appreciate the Pats, you are oh so wrong. They are equal or above the popularity of the Red Sox. And the Red Sox fans are about as rabid as you can get.

As far as your team, you have a known fan base that is loyal. I like that in a team. And whether you win or lose you will have your fan base. And that is the case with the Pats fans right now.

And I would never knock your team as a result of what I have said. As far as how we are playing now, it is outstanding and I am going to appreciate every second. Brady is the core, and at some point he will retire. But now he has some really good WR's, Moss is par excellence, so I am going to just enjoy it.

Hey you had your years, and I actually cheered for you in your SB wins.

And as a last note, I feel bad for Miami. Really bad. This is a proud organization with a good fan base. As a fan, I can relate, we were just as bad. I feel bad for Buffalo too. I actually like their team.

But for me, it is the Pats, and only the Pats that I really care about.

Archived