Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does anyone remember "Red Barn" Restaurants?

Birdlives

man i remember when they would bring the big tub of banana split out i thought it would take forever to eat it. every year between the 4 of my friends, one would choose shakeys, one would choose farrell's, one would choose chuck e. cheese and we would go there. we couldnt ever finish that big ass sundae.

they had alot of farrell's around the tri-state area.

anybody in here use to go to farrells ice cream parlor?

Yes. The one in Springfield mall. Used to have the patty melt. Went there for my 16th birthday. Farrells then Timeout and Timeout 2 arcades.

i dont know if they have this place back there but out here we have a spot called "Coldstone" where they put the ice cream on a cold stone and mix in whatever you want. like twix, gummy bears, whatever...

Went for the first time this past summer. Good place. There are 2 of them here in Park City. One essentially across the street from me.

Yes. The one in Springfield mall. Used to have the patty melt. Went there for my 16th birthday. Farrells then Timeout and Timeout 2 arcades.

Went for the first time this past summer. Good place. There are 2 of them here in Park City. One essentially across the street from me.

there are 2 coldstones within 5 minutes of my house either direction. stupid place!! not like i have a problem with ice cream or anything!! :mad:

Was Farrell's that wacky place in Springfield Mall by one of the entrances?

They used to have one in Tysons, also. That was back when they had the small movie theater on the top floor and the bigger one on the bottom floor by Hechts. I remember seeing Soul Man there... :laugh:

Ahhhh, dude. My great grandmother used to take me to the one near Iverson Mall :laugh:

I used to eat sooooo much mashed potatoes there...it was soooo good

damn dude, we pretty much ate at the same spots :laugh: any others you can think of?

That's the same one we used to eat at! I got my first haircut in 1976 at the Asian stylist around the corner from the Hot Shoppes.

Is that movie theater still near Iverson Mall? I saw Return of the Jedi there on opening day 1983, the line was wrapped around the building twice.

Anyone remember the Redskins store that used to be there too?

anybody in here use to go to farrells ice cream parlor?

OMG. Forgot about that place! I think there was a commercial, with the ice cream cake looked like a face, with the cone as the nose maybe? I remember the big ass drum, too.

Spent a lot of quarters (and a lot of school hours) in those arcades.

Did anyone ever play the football game, where you would choose the play, and the machine would show you actual game footage from real games?

Did anyone ever play the football game, where you would choose the play, and the machine would show you actual game footage from real games?

I used to love that game but I cant think of the name of it....UGH!!

anybody ever go to Golden Dome Arcades?

Yes, I remember the Dome. Back when the arcade was a big deal. I remember then, games were only a quarter. I think Afterburner was the game that changed all that, fancy shmancy game for 50 cents.

i would play afterburner until my eyes dried out. my dad would take me to the mall and just drop me off at the arcade and disappear for an hour then come back.

i played double dragon, dragons lair, crazy climber, tron...

arcades were the best..i still go to dave n busters to play games there whenever i can. but you are so right; games are like a buck now.

That's freaky, I hadn't thought of timeout in 30 years. Probably one of the first big video arcades around. That was one of the coolest things we got to do, Springfield Mall and Farrells. The huge thing at Farrells was called the Kitchen Sink and it had a lot of everything in it. Including sparklers and flags and more ice cream than a first grade class could eat.

I can't believe Shakey's is closed? That place was cool.

What a nostalgic thread!

i would play afterburner until my eyes dried out. my dad would take me to the mall and just drop me off at the arcade and disappear for an hour then come back.

i played double dragon, dragons lair, crazy climber, tron...

arcades were the best..i still go to dave n busters to play games there whenever i can. but you are so right; games are like a buck now.

A couple weeks ago we took the kids to Ocean City. I was having a good time playing video games with my 4 yr old son, and couldnt believe that all of the games were $1.

I loved Double Dragon, Pac Man, Donkey Kong, etc. Dragon's Lair always made me nervous, I think I preferred watching other people play. I was really good at Pole Position. I won a contest at Forest Village Park Mall on Pole Position. Dig Dug and Joust were part of that contest, too.

Spent way too many quarters and money in general at Timout. Didn't help that Orange Julius was right there beside it. I think I remember that one game, but then I remember playing Missile Command, Berzerker, and others there.

That's freaky, I hadn't thought of timeout in 30 years. Probably one of the first big video arcades around. That was one of the coolest things we got to do, Springfield Mall and Farrells. The huge thing at Farrells was called the Kitchen Sink and it had a lot of everything in it. Including sparklers and flags and more ice cream than a first grade class could eat.

Farrells Timeout, and movies. Actually, if memory serves, Timeout 2 started off as being the Raceway Spaceway. Had bumper cars and everything.

One time I bought Spaceballs at Sam Goody in Springfield Mall because my friend told me it was great. So we then went to the Timeout by the Radioshack (they moved it) and I was having so much fun that I put down my bag with the movie and forgot all about it. So my friend and I meet up with my Mom on the entire other side of the mall to leave and I suddenly remember I left my movie. So I run full speed to the other side of the mall and low and behold, it was just where I left it, inside the After Burner ****pit. And everything was right in the world.

A couple weeks ago we took the kids to Ocean City. I was having a good time playing video games with my 4 yr old son, and couldnt believe that all of the games were $1.

I loved Double Dragon, Pac Man, Donkey Kong, etc. Dragon's Lair always made me nervous, I think I preferred watching other people play. I was really good at Pole Position. I won a contest at Forest Village Park Mall on Pole Position. Dig Dug and Joust were part of that contest, too.

"prepare to qualify"

i remember that was THE hardest racing game out there. that game is so primitive now but at the time I used to stress hitting the corners just right...

Yes. There was one on Lee Hwy right before it got to 236 back when I lived there. Was nearly across the street from a Chesapeake Seafood House if I remember correctly.

I remember this one as well. We used to go through there from Manassas to Arlington to visit my grandparents.

Anyone remember Giffords Ice cream parlors. Can't remember exactly where the one we went to was, but it was around Arlington somewhere.

Archived