Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does anyone remember "Red Barn" Restaurants?

Birdlives

I was talking to my mother on the phone the other day (They retired to CA) and mentioned this chain and she had no idea what I was talking about. You still see the old buildings all over the metro area now changed mostly to independent fast food joints, but still with that distinctive "barn" look. I was surprised she didn't remember this place I as remember going there more than once as a kid. Does anyone else remember this place? Or am I just going crazy?

EDIT: Guess I'm not crazy, at least, not as crazy as these guys :laugh: .

http://www.barnbuster.net/

I absolutely remember...I grew up near 7 Corners and we had one nearby back in the early 80s. As I recall they specialized in fried chicken. I ate there a few times as a kid.

Yep! I grew up across from Loehman's Plaza near Tyler Park. That's the exact one I used to remember, across from Three Chefs and right behind the Frozen Dairy Bar... :laugh:

Used to love the Barnbuster when I was a kid.

Anyone local to DC remember

(in a whisper)

SSSSSSIZZLERRRRRRRRRR

Sizzler has moved out west. I was pretty young but I remember going to one in Northern VA when I was younger, can't remember where exactly. I was too young to have the good sense to order a steak but I do recall it had a cool atmosphere. Kind of dark and cozy.

Yes! I forgot about them until you made this thread. I think there was one on St. Barnabas Road in Temple Hills, MD.

Anyone remember Horn & Horn?

Shakey's?

shakeys made the bomb pizza. i used to go to the one on riggs rd every year for my birthday. they had a magician there who would do the WORST tricks but i thought he was the COOLEST!!

Sizzler has moved out west. I was pretty young but I remember going to one in Northern VA when I was younger, can't remember where exactly. I was too young to have the good sense to order a steak but I do recall it had a cool atmosphere. Kind of dark and cozy.

yeah sizzler is all over the place out here.

they took roy roger's and made it into carls jr.

I remember some lawsuit, over food poisoning or something in the news, then they just disappeared. Not sure the extent that one had to do with the other.

As a kid, I remember playing with the little jukebox at each table at the Horn & Horn.

Anybody remember the Hot Shoppes cafeteria restaurant? The big trays and the strawberry shortcake. My grandmother always got the liver and onions.

Anybody remember the Hot Shoppes cafeteria restaurant? The big trays and the strawberry shortcake. My grandmother always got the liver and onions.

Ahhhh, dude. My great grandmother used to take me to the one near Iverson Mall :laugh:

I used to eat sooooo much mashed potatoes there...it was soooo good

damn dude, we pretty much ate at the same spots :laugh: any others you can think of?

Archived