Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Accuweather Joe Bastardi calling for Severe Warm Winter

Ji

and dry. Not much snow for the Northeast/Mid Atlantic. However, JB has been wrong many times before so dont fret too much. This is the first time, i can remember him ever going above normal

With a strong La Nina, climo certaintly points to a warm winter but I think there will be periods of blocking that will give us some wintry weather.

anyway..here is his forecast. Btw..i think next week will be alot cooler with a chance of a good rainstorm. November looks pretty cold right now at least the start of it.

http://www.marke****ch.com/news/story/accu...0B97332AA111%7D

Joe ****i likes to hype the weather. And he's a competitive bodybuilder (as his wife). And he has a strange cult of followers who actually pay for his weather predictions.

I just don't get the weather business. Is it not the most superfluous profession in existence? I can't think of one time where a meteorologist has told me something I couldn't figure out by looking out my window.

Granted, severe weather is a different story, but how often is the weather that severe? And even most weather around here that's treated as "severe" is little more than a minor inconvenience.

**** the weather.

I just don't get the weather business. Is it not the most superfluous profession in existence? I can't think of one time where a meteorologist has told me something I couldn't figure out by looking out my window.

Granted, severe weather is a different story, but how often is the weather that severe? And even most weather around here that's treated as "severe" is little more than a minor inconvenience.

**** the weather.

As Billy Connolly the great Scottish comic once said,

"There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothing. Get yourself a sexy raincoat and live a little."

johnnypunani lol. Your better off asking your magic 8 ball

I wouldn't be too quick to point fingers and laugh Ji. If memory serves, you're forecasts aren't looked at too favorably either.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214929

I have respect for anyone who tries to predict Mom natures weather and moods. It's no easy task, but let's try to keep the personal stuff away from this. In other words, this is not an invitation for pissing match. Just sayin'.Truth is in the end result anyway. So we'll see, (says the guy who is missing work because of snow :) ).

I wouldn't be too quick to point fingers and laugh Ji. If memory serves, you're forecasts aren't looked at too favorably either.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214929

I have respect for anyone who tries to predict Mom natures weather and moods. It's no easy task, but let's try to keep the personal stuff away from this. In other words, this is not an invitation for pissing match. Just sayin'.Truth is in the end result anyway. So we'll see, (says the guy who is missing work because of snow :) ).

huh? We had a big cool down over the weekend. We had 4 straight days(thur-Sunday) of below avereage temps before it warmed up again. the cool spell was shorter than I thought though

johnnypunani lol. Your better off asking your magic 8 ball

Ji,

No offense but you are just a Wx Dork. I've seen you make some of the most outlandish statements in regards to wx forecasting, it's not even funny anymore. You just regurgitate what you hear from other sources and pass it off as your own forecasts. While it is fine to be a Wx Dork, just remember that is all you are.

In the end, I get paid by the US government for my meteorological/climatological knowledge and experience. You don't.

Ji,

No offense but you are just a Wx Dork. I've seen you make some of the most outlandish statements in regards to wx forecasting, it's not even funny anymore. You just regurgitate what you hear from other sources and pass it off as your own forecasts. While it is fine to be a Wx Dork, just remember that is all you are.

In the end, I get paid by the US government for my meteorological/climatological knowledge and experience. You don't.

Weathernerd fight :redpunch:

Ji,

Whoa, Tropical Storm Punani is battering the Ji coast.

I will admit to being a weather nerd, I don't take insult to it. I have been studying weather and their patterns since I first learned what they were. I have actually been pretty obsessed with it for quite a while now. Seriously, how many people have you actually met that have their own weatherstation and radar at their house. No wonder the girls love me :laugh: :doh:

One thing I'm sure of though, is how much more accurate I have been the past 5 years especially, than the guys getting paid to do it.

This guy is so far off it's insane. The weather pattern that has been in place for the past 16 months is on the verge of falling apart and shifting at an amazing clip. This winter, the entire mid-atlantic region will be battered with an onslaught of record low temperatures, high winds, and heavier than normal snowfall. We stand to see the biggest snowfall totals in over 20 years.

This will all be courtesy of the La Nina pattern setting up in the Pacific, only it will buckle the jetstream to the point of a deep ridge stretching from the Arctic, all the way down into parts of Georgia and possibly northern Florida.

In contrast, the extreme northeast will experience the warmest winter in recent memory, as will the Pacific Northwest. Mudslides and flash flooding, not snowfall, will be a big story out west this winter.

There is a very good chance that areas as far south as northern Florida could see measurable snowfall at least once this winter.

This guy was only correct about one thing - it will be a severe winter. Just not as he described.

I will admit to being a weather nerd, I don't take insult to it. I have been studying weather and their patterns since I first learned what they were. I have actually been pretty obsessed with it for quite a while now. Seriously, how many people have you actually met that have their own weatherstation and radar at their house. No wonder the girls love me :laugh: :doh:

One thing I'm sure of though, is how much more accurate I have been the past 5 years especially, than the guys getting paid to do it.

This guy is so far off it's insane. The weather pattern that has been in place for the past 16 months is on the verge of falling apart and shifting at an amazing clip. This winter, the entire mid-atlantic region will be battered with an onslaught of record low temperatures, high winds, and heavier than normal snowfall. We stand to see the biggest snowfall totals in over 20 years.

This will all be courtesy of the La Nina pattern setting up in the Pacific, only it will buckle the jetstream to the point of a deep ridge stretching from the Arctic, all the way down into parts of Georgia and possibly northern Florida.

In contrast, the extreme northeast will experience the warmest winter in recent memory, as will the Pacific Northwest. Mudslides and flash flooding, not snowfall, will be a big story out west this winter.

There is a very good chance that areas as far south as northern Florida could see measurable snowfall at least once this winter.

This guy was only correct about one thing - it will be a severe winter. Just not as he described.

That's what the Farmer's Almanac says.

I wonder if we'll ever see a storm like 96 again. It'll be a while because people who recently moved here and only remember 2003 don't realize even it paled in comparison.

That's what the Farmer's Almanac says.

I wonder if we'll ever see a storm like 96 again. It'll be a while because people who recently moved here and only remember 2003 don't realize even it paled in comparison.

Are you positive about that? I don't go on weather sites or read any books or magazines predicting weather, because I would like to find out my own accuracy without having the possibility of influence from outside sources. I did it in the past, and it killed my accuracy.

Archived