Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can we win with this o-line?

mdskins75

Wow. what a year, it could be. The fumbling and drops stop. The team believes. Thomas comes back. Suppose we make the playoffs. Then we start our second run stronger and efficient ..in December.

Let's Hope!

It's true that Gibbs has always had a better record later in the season.. So let's cross our fingers.

:logo:

win some games? yes. win in the playoffs? no. we need to get guys back at full health. sounds like Rabach will be good in a couple weeks, just needs to play through the pain for a game. that means our left side is fine, from C-LT. gotta get Wade back before Heyer. Heyer can hold his own, but I feel so much more comfortable with Wade and his experience here before.

I hope Thomas comes back at some point this season. If we get to week 16 and are 9-6, we might have him back and be in a position to get into the playoffs, I'm good with a Samuels, Kendall, Rabach, Thomas, Wade line to carry us through.

I agree, I think Fabini has played pretty well, but I'm just not sure he could go the distance. We need to start running to the right regardless. Teams aren't expecting it, and we cannot limit ourselves because we are playing backups, that restricts what the offense can do and gives an advantage to opposing defenses.

I feel ok about Wade, but damn it would be nice to get Randy Thomas back for the last few games of the season.He IS that important to our offense.

Either way, it just doens't work to keep plugging in guys off the street, we can't develop any chemistry in the run game. The RB's also have to feel comfortable with the guys in front of them.

If this line ever gets healthy, we can win some big games down the stretch.

by week 12 all except Jansen should be back. 5-4 games fighting for the playoffs. Besides the injuries are not season ending they'll all be back for the Pats game. Oline players usually play hurt anyway but gibbs always rest players just to make sure. No worries though

In this NFC, we will probably go 9-7 but still get a wild card spot on defense alone. I think Buges can get some guys playing well, but our running game has really struggled with the injuries to Jansen and Thomas....there's no doubt about it. The positive spin on that is at the very least its going to give Campbell the opportunity to throw more and learn more. I can't believe how well he has played this year.

You people do know Kendall injured his hamstring on the last play of the game, right?

Kelli Johnson said that on the radio today.

This line is banged up. Bad.

Lorenzo Alexander is a DT. Bugel is going to try to switch him to an OG.

Fabini is starting at RT

Demulling is starting at RG.

Pucillio is backup Center and Guard. (Eligible receiver probably on every play, lol)

If you think this will succeed in the playoffs, you are smoking the crack.

This won't even get to the playoffs.

Bugel is not a friggin magician. I'm furious we didn't cherry pick from the Ravens practice squad when we had the chance.

I think they can

we got veterans who gotta lead this line through thin times

That's some pretty strong kool-aid.

The team has to weather this storm. None of these injuries will last more than a few weeks. So hopefully, the team can get by with a few wins. If they go .500 during this time, I'll consider it lucky.

You people do know Kendall injured his hamstring on the last play of the game, right?

Kelli Johnson said that on the radio today.

This line is banged up. Bad.

Lorenzo Alexander is a DT. Bugel is going to try to switch him to an OG.

Fabini is starting at RT

Demulling is starting at RG.

Pucillio is backup Center and Guard. (Eligible receiver probably on every play, lol)

If you think this will succeed in the playoffs, you are smoking the crack.

This won't even get to the playoffs.

Bugel is not a friggin magician. I'm furious we didn't cherry pick from the Ravens practice squad when we had the chance.

Reports say Kendall, Wade and Rabach will play. And why are you still complaining about that backup player from the Ravens? He can't play 3 positions. Problem with our O-line isn't lack of depth. It's that the depth is now getting hurt. Losing 1 starter or even 2, will test your depth. Losing 3 is just plain near to impossible to overcome, but somehow we're managing.

If Baltimore can win with Dilfer at QB then the Skins can win with Fabini at Guard.

Our defense will keep us in most game that we play this year, but is this really a surprise?

Most people here kinda knew the offense would struggle for a few weeks and the defense would carry us early on. The way things have played out shouldn't be much of a surprise. The only difference is that Jason Campbell has played better than most of us anticipated. That isn't a bad thing, guys. Even if we're 8-8 or 9-7 this season that is called IMPROVEMENT. We can't make a Superbowl run every year, but I think the Redskins are certainly on the right track even with the current injuries.

Yeah, if Thomas comes back at full strength then we will be fine. Wade is doing good and Thomas was great at those pulling guard run plays.
After Sundays game it is very hard to say that "Wade is doing good." I hope that it was because he was a little gimpy going into the game and was playing in pain, but Wade was anything but good. Kampman pushed Wade around like a shopping cart right up until the time he got hurt.

Hopefully Wade has recieved treatment, gotten back to full strength and will stay out of the backfield this week.

After Sundays game it is very hard to say that "Wade is doing good." I hope that it was because he was a little gimpy going into the game and was playing in pain, but Wade was anything but good. Kampman pushed Wade around like a shopping cart right up until the time he got hurt.

Hopefully Wade has recieved treatment, gotten back to full strength and will stay out of the backfield this week.

Wade was getting totally pwned by the pack.:mad: I just hope thats this one game, because running to the left every time aint gonna cut it.:( Maybe we should send a memo to our receivers as well reminding them of what they are getting paid for.:doh:

Maybe we should send a memo to our receivers as well reminding them of what they are getting paid for.:doh:

Oh, they wouldn't do that....it would hurt there fragile psyches and upset the family togetherness and coagulation or gelling...whatever that silly cliche is.

We should beat AZ even with our line banged up. I'm hoping we get things stabilized in time for the Pats. I really feel like our D is going to keep us in that game. It would be a HUDGE psychological boost if we knock them off. Could set the tone for the rest of the season.

But (I know) we need to take care of business this week first...

Reports say Kendall, Wade and Rabach will play.
The Redskins' unofficial depth chart released to the media this week had Fabini starting at right tackle, DeMulling starting at right guard and Pucillo serving as a backup at center and left guard.

http://redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=30377

And I'm still harping on the fact that we should have snapped up a few practice squad players, because that's what good front offices do.

It wasn't that long ago that I had to watch Cory Raymer get raped on national television during a playoff game. You lose depth, then you go out and get more.

We should beat AZ even with our line banged up. I'm hoping we get things stabilized in time for the Pats. I really feel like our D is going to keep us in that game. It would be a HUDGE psychological boost if we knock them off. Could set the tone for the rest of the season.

But (I know) we need to take care of business this week first...

If we beat the Patriots in Foxboro then how can we settle for anything less than making the Super Bowl?

Archived