Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can we win with this o-line?

mdskins75

I'm always a pretty positive Redskins fan. I always believe this team can make the best of the worst situations and always find a way to win. But after settling down from the Green Bay loss i'm starting to wonder if this is just another one of those years. Is this a year where we probably go 7-9 or 8-8 because of the decimated offensive line?

I like everything about the defense on this team. It is top notch. I think our special teams is solid as well. I am impressed by CAmpbell's development and don't doubt Moss/ Portis or any of our other skilled players on the offensive side of the ball.

But can we win with this o- line all year? Not a bashing or criticism to who is out there but we've lost so many starters. Can Portis and Betts still find the holes with a line like this? Can they give Campbell enough time to throw the ball down field?

Please somebody come up with an argument telling me that these issues there won't wipe out the season. Please.

The more i think about it though the more i'm starting to accept the realization that this team might not be much more than 8-8. This team had the pieces in the beginning of the year but i'm afraid there just isn't enough there to play with the big dogs. Somebody please come up with an argument that the Skins can play smash mouth with this line, Campbell won't get killed and the recievers will get time to get open down field. I would hate to see a team with this much talent go to waste but i'm afraid the dreaded injury bug will do in the 07 Redskins:( Please tell me i'm wrong

I feel like we can, although it will be an uphill struggle until Randy Thomas comes back.

Buges said Samuels, Kendall, and Rabach are good for this week. So this takes us back to square one--the right side.

Lorenzo and the two guys we picked up off the street were doing well in practice according to Buges. But I have a feeling Fabini will get a start, and obviously if Wade gets over his injury, he will play as well.

I really hope so...I just can't see how campbell was even completing passes last game it really shows his maturation if he can work with a line like that. If brunell had that same line, our big threat reciever would be the cooler on the sidelines

What scares me is he looked good out there against Green BAy given the situation. But i just think good defenses will create a nightmare for us. That's my fear. Where we have games offensively that are just horrific . No running, Campbell doesn't get time, etc. A lot of times guys can step up for a game or two but we will have to deal with this almost all year(if Randy comes back). Especially these physical nfc east battles coming up. I would hate to lose to a team like Philly, Ny or dallas for no other reason than a weak line.

What scares me is he looked good out there against Green BAy given the situation. But i just think good defenses will create a nightmare for us. That's my fear. Where we have games offensively that are just horrific . No running, Campbell doesn't get time, etc. A lot of times guys can step up for a game or two but we will have to deal with this almost all year(if Randy comes back). Especially these physical nfc east battles coming up. I would hate to lose to a team like Philly, Ny or dallas for no other reason than a weak line.

no doubt. We REALLY need to beat philthy and the gmen and then hopefully pull off at least 1 win against dallas (hopeful). Division games seem more important than ever right now with everyone at least looking like half-contenders. :(

no doubt. We REALLY need to beat philthy and the gmen and then hopefully pull off at least 1 win against dallas (hopeful). Division games seem more important than ever right now with everyone at least looking like half-contenders. :(

Yep. We need to somehow come out of NFC east slugfest with a 4-2 divisional record. That means we need to steal at least 1 on the road and not lose to Dallas or Philly at home.

The league statistics after 6 weeks have all 4 division teams ranked as 1-4 in team defense. I think we are #1, Philly#2, then it was Giants then Cowboys so these divisional games won't be a walk in the park for o -line. I guess the good thing is two of those games are in late December and hopefully big Randy is back by then.

o line isnt that bad we just need everyone to get healthy

and Rick DeMulling starting at RG isnt a bad thing this week

Rick started 3 seasons with indi colts

he was with them in 2004 where peyton manning threw for 49 TD's

hes a great pass blocker and a dominant stretch run blocker(something redskins love using)

i think rick will fit in perfectly

win some games? yes. win in the playoffs? no. we need to get guys back at full health. sounds like Rabach will be good in a couple weeks, just needs to play through the pain for a game. that means our left side is fine, from C-LT. gotta get Wade back before Heyer. Heyer can hold his own, but I feel so much more comfortable with Wade and his experience here before.

I hope Thomas comes back at some point this season. If we get to week 16 and are 9-6, we might have him back and be in a position to get into the playoffs, I'm good with a Samuels, Kendall, Rabach, Thomas, Wade line to carry us through.

I think that if our line gets healthy and Thomas comes back, with Wade filling in well like he did at the end of the season last year (not like in GB), than we have a great chance to make some noise.

Yeah, if Thomas comes back at full strength then we will be fine. Wade is doing good and Thomas was great at those pulling guard run plays.

After seeing what Bugel has done with our line, I'll believe a bad performance by them when i see it (note: i wasnt able to "see" the Packers game so I don't count that:anon: ). With a full weeks prep I think we should be able to be good enough. Plus how many points can a one armed man or Tim Rattay really put on us anyway?

Buges said Samuels, Kendall, and Rabach are good for this week. So this takes us back to square one--the right side.

But I have a feeling Fabini will get a start, and obviously if Wade gets over his injury, he will play as well.

Before this season started (and into the first few weeks) I thought the team was stacking up on OLINE unnecessarily; however, it seems we were prepared to lose a substantial amount of our starters, and we have adequate back-ups in line to take their places.

Given the current injury situation (and a little bit of a hopeful perspective)

Our line would be

SAMUELS_____KENDALL_____RABACH_____FABINI_____WADE

This OLINE has the experience of more than a dozen combined playoff games and is STILL BETTER THAN HALF OF THE LEAGUE, and C Samuels is playing like an ALL-STAR again (his pull blocks have been so SWEET). I think we WILL WIN with this line, and I remain positive: it can only get better from here!

The reports say that Rabach and Wade will start. Kendall will also be in there according to radio reports today, so I don't know what the issue is. We'll have all the guys healthy by the end of the week from what I can tell. Continuity and chemistry is what I'm worried about at the O-line position. If we have the same guys in there come week 8, I think we'll start to play at a much higher level. My hope is that we let them rest until Friday and get them going for Sunday but only if they're pretty close to 100%. From what I'm reading, I don't think the O line is going to be an issue after this week....assuming none of the re-aggravate the injuries.

HTTR

o line isnt that bad we just need everyone to get healthy

and Rick DeMulling starting at RG isnt a bad thing this week

Rick started 3 seasons with indi colts

he was with them in 2004 where peyton manning threw for 49 TD's

hes a great pass blocker and a dominant stretch run blocker(something redskins love using)

i think rick will fit in perfectly

Sorry Buddy Rick DeMulling sucks big time. I live about a hour away from Detroit and when he played for the Lions he flat out sucked. I also remember Dungy saying that he wasn't any better than there young players. Thats why the Colts cut him. Just because he plays for the Skins doesn't make him good. I'm damn worried about this line and I really don't know how much we can win with it. I mean were 3-2 with a average line due to injuries.Now we might go from average to bad. Lets just hope we can get some of these guys back. Everyone is saying Portis is hurt and not going good. The only thing thats hurting Portis is our line. I would also like to see more shotgun.

Sorry Buddy Rick DeMulling sucks big time. I live about a hour away from Detroit and when he played for the Lions he flat out sucked. I also remember Dungy saying that he wasn't any better than there young players. Thats why the Colts cut him. Just because he plays for the Skins doesn't make him good. I'm damn worried about this line and I really don't know how much we can win with it. I mean were 3-2 with a average line due to injuries.Now we might go from average to bad. Lets just hope we can get some of these guys back. Everyone is saying Portis is hurt and not going good. The only thing thats hurting Portis is our line. I would also like to see more shotgun.

our depth has been performing well, i dont see where your negativity is coming from cause even with our 2nd and 3rd strings in for the O-line campbell has still only been sacked 8 times. and we have had 100+ rushing 3/5 games...IMO thats pretty frigin good for the shape our O-line is in

our depth has been performing well, i dont see where your negativity is coming from cause even with our 2nd and 3rd strings in for the O-line campbell has still only been sacked 8 times. and we have had 100+ rushing 3/5 games...IMO thats pretty frigin good for the shape our O-line is in

The reason why we have only gave up 8 sacks is because of JC. He is a big mobile QB that throws the ball away at the right time. With that being said he still hasn't had a lot of time back in the pocket. There is always a lot of pressure on him and the pocket collapses around him. Which means he can't step up to throw or he has to run out of the pocket.You can't always look at stats like sacks. Another thing if you watch any run plays to that side. Our RBs haven't got many yards on that side. The Cards might not be a problem this week, but I know the Patroits will attack our weakness and thats the o-line.

From what I have seen our running game has been poor to fair and in our passing game Jason has been under heavy pressure and only his athletic ability is what is keeping him upright. Because of injuries to our OL we are not able to dominate the line of scrimmage like we had hoped.

Just the fact that the guys expect to play this week even though not 100% shows that this Redskin team has a lot of heart, and will continue to fight and hopefully will be in most every game. If the breaks go our way I believe we have a shot to still make the playoffs.

I am an optomist and so I am hoping that under JB's coaching along with the teams keep on fighting spirit our revamped OL will come together and prove to be better than anticipated.

In my view, if we make the playoffs despite all the injuries to our OL I will be totally proud of our teams effort.

Archived