Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can we win with this o-line?

mdskins75

I'm always a pretty positive Redskins fan. I always believe this team can make the best of the worst situations and always find a way to win. But after settling down from the Green Bay loss i'm starting to wonder if this is just another one of those years. Is this a year where we probably go 7-9 or 8-8 because of the decimated offensive line?

I like everything about the defense on this team. It is top notch. I think our special teams is solid as well. I am impressed by CAmpbell's development and don't doubt Moss/ Portis or any of our other skilled players on the offensive side of the ball.

But can we win with this o- line all year? Not a bashing or criticism to who is out there but we've lost so many starters. Can Portis and Betts still find the holes with a line like this? Can they give Campbell enough time to throw the ball down field?

Please somebody come up with an argument telling me that these issues there won't wipe out the season. Please.

The more i think about it though the more i'm starting to accept the realization that this team might not be much more than 8-8. This team had the pieces in the beginning of the year but i'm afraid there just isn't enough there to play with the big dogs. Somebody please come up with an argument that the Skins can play smash mouth with this line, Campbell won't get killed and the recievers will get time to get open down field. I would hate to see a team with this much talent go to waste but i'm afraid the dreaded injury bug will do in the 07 Redskins:( Please tell me i'm wrong

its tougher, but Buges will get them right. Hopefully we use a few picks on DL/OL next year.

Archived