Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fire our Trainer!!!!

aubreyjn

Without taking a position on the merits of this thread, I think its important to point out that the intended target of this thread is John Hastings I believe, not Bubba Tyer. If Hastings is still the strength & conditioning coach then he would be the one responsible for getting the players prepared to do battle and Tyer is just there to step in when something goes wrong.

Hastings and 2 assistants. Pretty cut throat place we have here. Rash of of injuries like this? Sure. But there are probably several contributing factors in each case. Each injury a little different. No way to know without any type of first hand examination to really know what the problems could be. Oh hell. Let's fire somebody anyway. :)

Well according to Chris Cooley Today the Skins brought in a hamstring expert

I'm not knocking you voicekiller because maybe cooley did say this (I guess I would be knocking cooley then, oh well) but as a physical therapist I would venture that there is not a hamstring expert, but maybe someone experienced specifically in this area who has credible research in muscular conditioning and stretching (duration of stretch, frequency, ect) As for the excessive amounts of strains, I would say this is just a coincidence although I agree that in the past few years they seem more prevalent.

HTTR :helmet:

I was seriously wondering about our strength & conditioning program myself.

For a couple of reasons.....

1) this year's rash of leg related injuries

(I wonder anout the type of exercises and stretching)

2) Portis - his legs are huge and he seems like he's lost a step or more

(he also stumbles a lot)

All these injuries could be coincidence or they could be the result of something that's lacking.

It might just be our year, but if I was heavily involved, I'd sure as heck start examining details like the training regimen.

I'm not knocking you voicekiller because maybe cooley did say this (I guess I would be knocking cooley then, oh well) but as a physical therapist I would venture that there is not a hamstring expert, but maybe someone experienced specifically in this area who has credible research in muscular conditioning and stretching (duration of stretch, frequency, ect) As for the excessive amounts of strains, I would say this is just a coincidence although I agree that in the past few years they seem more prevalent.

HTTR :helmet:

Just saying what i heard him say

Actually I would say that the Groin Pulls/hamstring injuries can be attributed to our of shape players. This points again to the fact that we had a light training camp. It is astonishing that we dont have an indoor practice facility, where the team can get work in even though the weather isnt cooperating. Gibbs needs to get with the current times.

I think the wet and cold conditions in Green Bay resulted in the number of injuries that we had. Slipping causes a person to not be in proper alignment and that causes these type of injuries.

In hind sight we should have devoted extra time to trying to get everyone warmed-up; but that may not have avoided what happened.

I don't think firing the trainer is the right move. Just get him to work on these guys conditioning more. Proper conditioning prevents these types of injuries, and the trainers know that. The problem is that more needs to be done in the offseason so that the players enter the season in great physical condition. Camp is too lax for that, and its too late to change that now. Its also not the trainer's decision.

Try the SEARCH feature. There has already been a thread on this subject. MERGE

And Im sure that Heyer slipping on a wet field and doing a split could have been avoided if we had a better trainer :rolleyes:

Actually if the trainer is in charge of what cleats we wear then it is his fault. But I think Gibbs bears the responsibility of making sure our trainers are inspecting the field and coming prepared.

Archived