Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fire our Trainer!!!!

aubreyjn

i dont know bout yall, but i'm getting sick and tired of all our injuries. I know its football and injuries happen but you have to look at how they are happening. its not freak accidents such as broken bones or injuries from being over played or over used. aside from jansen, its hamstrings and groins strains and pulls. if our special ed trainer had our players conditioned correctly they wouldnt happen. look around the league for injury plagued teams, not many strains or pulls... just a thought

:dallasuck

I think its just bad luck.

I'm not sure it's that much bad luck. A lot of these are strains and pulls. It would take a lot of bad luck to get this many injuries that are normally avoided with the proper training.

I'm not so much convinced it's all the trainers' faults, because lets not forget that JG did allow the players offseason training at home. I don't think that's worked out the best.

Well... I have an idea. Since so many of us seem to want to fire/trade/bench just about every Coach/player/owner on the Redskins...

Why dont we just dismantle our NFL franchise and start rooting for new teams?

NO MORE REDSKINS!!!

I can hear the chants now...

To answer you question...

Get a hobby.

Now I am going to have to hunt you down in Halo 3 and pound your ass. H2H man. Bare handed.

xbox360 handle "passizle"

Well... I have an idea. Since so many of us seem to want to fire/trade/bench just about every Coach/player/owner on the Redskins...

Why dont we just dismantle our NFL franchise and start rooting for new teams?

NO MORE REDSKINS!!!

I can hear the chants now...

To answer you question...

Get a hobby.

Take it easy... I'm not saying that our training staff is awful. I just think there could be improvement.

I am actually very optimistic about our team this year.

There has been some bad luck but I do think some of it could've been avoided by having these guys taken care of better. An opinion, nothing more. :cool:

Get a hobby.

Due respect, he is posting on an internet message board just the same as you are. If he must get a hobby.. then, you do the same. :)

It isn't a coincidence that we are getting so many injuries. Sure, in the NFL, players are bound to get injured. **** happens. However, there are measures that can be taken to limit the number of injuries that a team can/will encounter. Proper training is the number one measure. While, I don't think Bubba Tyler's job should be had... I do think that we should rethink the way we get our players 'ready' for the brutal sport of American Football.

i dont know bout yall, but i'm getting sick and tired of all our injuries. I know its football and injuries happen but you have to look at how they are happening. its not freak accidents such as broken bones or injuries from being over played or over used. aside from jansen, its hamstrings and groins strains and pulls. if our special ed trainer had our players conditioned correctly they wouldnt happen. look around the league for injury plagued teams, not many strains or pulls... just a thought

:dallasuck

You wonder if a flexibility or yoga program might benefit them.

The thought crossed my mind about a new trainer, but like some said, Heyer did the splits on wet grass, I dont know a trainer that could have prevented something like that. However, muscle pulls are a sign of bad conditioning or stretching. Maybe they arent hydrated enough, maybe they arent putting in the necessary effort during stretches, maybe the trainer isnt showing them the propor way to stretch certain muscle groups. I think whoever evaluates the training staff should ask these questions and see what can be done to improve the teams stretching routine.

Bubba Tyer is an institution in D.C. He's been the trainer here since the beginning of time...He's obviously been doing his job pretty well if he's managed to stick around as long as he has. We've just been having some bad luck with injuries. Every team except New England has had injuries this year.

You wonder if a flexibility or yoga program might benefit them.

I've been saying this exact same thing for a couple of weeks now.

I don't know if they should fire the trainer, but I do think that something needs to be done about the obscene amount of pulls that we are facing this year.

While we're down on the trainers -- did anyone else think that the Redskins were very slow to switch to more appropriate cleats?

It looked like the Skins players were having serious issues with the wet turf -- but it looked like Green Bay wasn't having the same level of problem.

For example, Heyer seeemed to be having trouble maintaining traction before he did his 'splits.' I saw other Skins linemen being slid back, even with their feet planted firmly.

While we're down on the trainers -- did anyone else think that the Redskins were very slow to switch to more appropriate cleats?

It looked like the Skins players were having serious issues with the wet turf -- but it looked like Green Bay wasn't having the same level of problem.

For example, Heyer seeemed to be having trouble maintaining traction before he did his 'splits.' I saw other Skins linemen being slid back, even with their feet planted firmly.

Heard on the radio that before the game they switched to longer cleats (sp). That might explain the slipping some because I noticed that too.

I remember in 1991 during that great year there was an article about the trainer or conditioning coach [i don't remember the name but I believe it wasn't Bubba Tyer that was mentioned --- maybe I'll have to research and see if I can find the name] Anyway the article was giving credit to this guys new program that was helping them remain largely injury free. I thought about that article on Sunday and again when I saw this thread. Of course the Redskins had an injury problem in 1992 so maybe there were giving the guy credit for waht was just good luck...

Archived