Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fire our Trainer!!!!

aubreyjn

Maybe the trainer could be doing more but im not gonna jump on his back. I remember reading something on ESPN about the high injury numbers this season around the ENTIRE league. I think its been hittin the skins pretty hard for the last 15 years or so...

Bubba's been the head trainer since before most of you were a twinkle in your dads eye. He kept the hogs in one piece through all their injuries.

If you look around the league this season, everyone has the injury bug. Getting rid of Bubba is not the answer. Maybe stretching in the stretching lines instead of dancing is the key to not getting a hamstring or groin pull (ARE, BL).

Bubba's been the head trainer since before most of you were a twinkle in your dads eye. He kept the hogs in one piece through all their injuries.

If you look around the league this season, everyone has the injury bug. Getting rid of Bubba is not the answer. Maybe stretching in the stretching lines instead of dancing is the key to not getting a hamstring or groin pull (ARE, BL).

I'd rather have a young guy who knows the latest training regimens. I remember reading an article in the Post about LT and how he went to a trainer who figured out that he was unbalanced from one side to the other and through exercises became very fit which helped him gain the MVP trophy.

I'd rather have a young guy who knows the latest training regimens. I remember reading an article in the Post about LT and how he went to a trainer who figured out that he was unbalanced from one side to the other and through exercises became very fit which helped him gain the MVP trophy.

Uh. Excuse me real quick. One doesn't need to be "young" in order to keep up and know the latest training regimes.

I think we should fire the hot dog vendors. I've heard too many fans grumble about gastrointestinal problems. Maybe the dogs are undercooked. Maybe the buns are too soggy/hard. Maybe there's rat droppings in the relish. Someone has to be responsible for this atrocity and all the Fed Ex hot dog vendors should get termination papers right away.

I know Tyer has been here forever but you gotta think a great trainer would help us with our injuries. Year in and year out we are being devastated with injuries. Yes some of them are unavoidable(Heyer) but I dont think ALL of these injuries are. The guy may have been here forever but if he isn't getting the job done, get someone who will.

Perhaps we need to be specific here. Are we talking about the training involved to get players ready for the games or the treatment of the players after the game? Because they are separate people for the most part I believe.

Santana has always battled hamstring problems, Springs has always battled groin problems, hamstring problems, shoulder problems etc. Playing in a muddy field in green bay is reason why Casey went down. Heyer went down because he slipped in the mud then Samuels fell on top on his extended leg.

When I look at a lot of players today, it's all about muscle, no fat. You need a little fat to protect the muscle and bone. Also you need something for the body to burn off during activity, you have no fat on your body, your muscles have no cusion and are exposed to every hit and fall you take. Look at Moss, he's muscle with a thin layer of skin wrapped around it. In the quest to be the best so many are putting their bodies at risk. I don't know if it's self initiated or if they are being pushed by trainers and coaches.

Perfect example. Clinton Portis, his second year here, he put on weight on for the power running game he expected us to employ, and was really able to carry our team hard for many games. He ran out of gas in the play offs but we all saw the punishment his body was able to endure. The following year we get Al Saunders and he drops weight, and then can't stay healthy.

Try the SEARCH feature. There has already been a thread on this subject. MERGE

And Im sure that Heyer slipping on a wet field and doing a split could have been avoided if we had a better trainer :rolleyes:

Ahh yes, another self proclaimed message board nazi.

Let those in charge do the deeds.

Perhaps we need to be specific here. Are we talking about the training involved to get players ready for the games or the treatment of the players after the game? Because they are separate people for the most part I believe.

That's what I thought. The Strength and Conditioning coaches get them ready before the game with stretching and workout routines, etc. While the Athletic trainers are the ones that run out on the field when they're hurt and are mainly involved in rehab. Right?

Ahh yes, another self proclaimed message board nazi.

Let those in charge do the deeds.

It's called helping out. Nothing nazi about it. He was just doing what the Mods here have asked, numeruous times mind you, this board to do.

If you don't wish to help.. that is cool. But, don't knock the guys that want to.

That's what I thought. The Strength and Conditioning coaches get them ready before the game with stretching and workout routines, etc. While the Athletic trainers are the ones that run out on the field when they're hurt and are mainly involved in rehab. Right?

To an extent this is right. The athletic trainers deal with injury prevention and rehabilitation and the strength coaches deal with injury prevention and strength, speed, power, quickness.

ATHLETIC TRAINERS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CLEATS THAT THE TEAM WEARS.

I commented on another thread about what I think attributes to most of the hamstring and groin injuries around the league. In the field of strength training, the posterior chain (hamstrings, glutes) is beginning to be severely neglected. This leads to a muscular inbalance with an overpowering anterior chain (quads, hip flexors.) This, IMO, is due to the "fall from grace" of deadlifts and full ROM squats in weight training due to them being "unsafe." This imbalance leads to many hamstring and groin injuries during eccentric loading. Heyers injury was not preventable, but you see alot of CBs and WRs getting hamstring injuries when they really stride out. Thats when they pull that muscle. When the hamstring flexes and then they extend their knee, the quad overpowers the hamstring and the eccentric load is too great, straining the muscle.

I don't want to put all the blame on the strength staff at Redskins park because I believe that the strength staff and the training staff need to work hand in hand. But I also don't think we can jump to the conclusion that this is all their fault. There are alot of contributing factors that lead to injuries. Diet and Nutrition is always forgotten. How many players on our team are over or under their ideal playing weight? The off season training that each player participated in? What did they do? Who helped them?

And on the subject of needing a "younger" Athletic Trainer than BT, Athletic Trainers are required by their national certification board to collect CEUs (continuing education units) to stay certified. BT has been around long enough to not just know all the old material, but also needs to know the new material to keep his job. This gives him the benefit to use both and find which works best for each athlete. That's why BT has been around for so long, he knows many solutions to a single problem and keeps an open mind by treating each athlete as an individual. Don't fire one of the longest remaining staff because of a couple strains.

This is going to sound funny but when I injured my knee. The therapist recommended Yoga to me to increase flexibility and muscle tone and my knee got so much better so much faster. These guys needs some intense stretching. I wouldn't fire our trainer, but these injuries are getting ridiculous. I mean now when you click on a video you see Sellars doing a muscle workout. Strained hamstrings and pulled groins are a result of bad stretching. :helmet:

Does anyone else possibly question the training staff for the Redskins? It seems to me like there is an awful lot of noncontact injuries on the team. Pulled hamstrings, groins, and now Cartwright who could've had a kickoff returned for a TD but pulled a quadricep. Just curious about what other fans think of this I guess.

Archived