Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis' Tuesday 980 Interview

Diggs43

Didn't see this posted. Listen here to Clinton's interview w/ John Thompson.

He talked about having no beef w/ G. Williams. He just wanted to ask them to see if the fumble was reviewable. Gregg told him they said they ball was out. Also, he says the team is giving games away, rather than the Packers and Giants winning them. He said he could sense that Packers were about to pack it in, but the Skins mistakes made them believe again.

Still doesn't make the losses acceptable, CP. Matter of fact, it's worse. No way should they have lost to either NY or GB if they want to go anywhere in the NFC, which is ripe for the picking. That's two Conference losses in four Conference games so far (1-1 in the Division, just as importantly).

He also said that he feels sorry for whichever corner has to cover Santana this weekend because Santana is upset with himself and is eager to get out and prove that he's the playmaker.

(Paraphrasing here of course)

Portis better be right and Moss better be ready to play. Healthy as 110% healthy same with Portis. I'm expecting 100+ yard games from both of them.

Didn't see this posted. Listen here to Clinton's interview w/ John Thompson.

He talked about having no beef w/ G. Williams. He just wanted to ask them to see if the fumble was reviewable. Gregg told him they said they ball was out. Also, he says the team is giving games away, rather than the Packers and Giants winning them. He said he could sense that Packers were about to pack it in, but the Skins mistakes made them believe again.

Why dont clinton do something about it then. Run harder and hold on to the ball and not blow the game. Stay motivated throughout the entire game.

So Greg is making the review decisions now?

What exactly is Gibbs responsible for now-except alledgedly taking over playing calling inside the red zone?

Who said anything about JG not invloved in review decisions? Let's stop assuming ppl. All you know is Portis asked GW a question and GW was able to answer that question. PERIOD!

Who said anything about JG not invloved in review decisions? Let's stop assuming ppl. All you know is Portis asked GW a question and GW was able to answer that question. PERIOD!

Not the 1st place I've seen this...thus why I was asking the question.

To me that's a much larger issue than how Portis feels about himself or Santana.

Why dont clinton do something about it then. Run harder and hold on to the ball and not blow the game. Stay motivated throughout the entire game.

You think motivation has anything to do with holding onto the football?

:doh:

It's funny how everyone here gives our own defenders credit when they cause a fumble or make an INT, but when Portis fumbles it's all his fault. Can't have it both ways.

Anyways, sounds like CP wants to win and that's all that matters to me. The guy is a true warrior and a gamebreaker. Trust me, he'll get his this weekend.

I agree Renegade. The offense admitting their collapsing ways goes a long way in improvement. Fundamental like mistakes and no execution are the difference betwen us being 3-2 and 5-0.

While I would normally agree with this, haven't we been hearing this from our team for the last few seasons now? Not that I don't agree with them, or hope to see this be the spark the teams needs to get the job done but....How am I suppose to believe that this will be the "turning point"?? I mean, they've recoginized this as a problem before and we still see it. Why would it be different now? I guess I'm still in disapointment mode. :whoknows:

Maybe these 2 losses on the season will be the motivation the players need to PUT THE GAME AWAY once and for all.

Go Portis! Get the job done and do us proud.

Go Moss!! We all know you're a star.

I think the Giant's game was a wake up call to the coaches that they need to be aggresive in the second half, even if we are winning.

I hope the Packers game was a wake up call to our players that they need to execute and get the job done. Protect the football, make plays.

There is so much to be optimistic about with this team right now. Great defense, good QB play, a good offensive scheme. CP and Moss need to step up.

HTTR

Still doesn't make the losses acceptable, CP. Matter of fact, it's worse. No way should they have lost to either NY or GB if they want to go anywhere in the NFC, which is ripe for the picking. That's two Conference losses in four Conference games so far (1-1 in the Division, just as importantly).

I hated losing the G-men but I am now even more upset that it kick-started their season. If the G-Men fall to 0-3, season over, Coughlin out, G-men done! Instead, they are now 4-2 with SF and Miami up next....hello 6-2 :doh:

Archived