Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT: Big plays finally Taylor-made

bubba9497

I've been one of Sean's critics, but there is no denying that he's picked it up a notch this year. However, he still needs to this on a consistent basis to be mentioned in the same breath as the Ed Reed's of the league. He's on his way.

Me too... I've been very critical of Taylor in the past.

I'll gladly eat crow if he keeps this up

"There were times there when the ball was thrown where you said, 'They have a chance [for a big play],' and Sean covers the field all the way from the inside to the outside," Gibbs said.

The two interceptions put Taylor on pace to tie the 59-year-old franchise record for picks in a season of 13, set by defensive back Dan Sandifer. The last Redskins player to intercept more than five passes in a season was — believe it or not — backup safety Matt Stevens with six in 1999.

Maybe it's me, but after watching the games again (especially the Packers game) I've noticed that it almost seems like Taylor plays way off of a position that he is suppose to be covering, kind of daring/baiting the QB to throw it in that direction.

I didn't think that his weight loss would make that much of a difference, but IMO Taylor looks to be a lot faster this season. He looks to be much more confident in his covering abilities and actually does cover more ground quicker and faster than ever before.

Maybe it's me, but after watching the games again (especially the Packers game) I've noticed that it almost seems like Taylor plays way off of a position that he is suppose to be covering, kind of daring/baiting the QB to throw it in that direction.

I didn't think that his weight loss would make that much of a difference, but IMO Taylor looks to be a lot faster this season. He looks to be much more confident in his covering abilities and actually does cover more ground quicker and faster than ever before.

I noticed that as well when watching replays of his INTs or near INTs. Favre threw to the guy he thought was more open and Taylor then made a ridiculous break on the ball and was there before the WR could say "oh ****".

Archived