Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Now we are suppose to feel bad for the cowgirls...

Papabear

I thought that the Patriots were running up the score. But it wasn't a surprise.

They ran it up against Buffalo & Cincy in games that were bigger blowouts than yesterdays.

The Patriots are the only team in the league that I hate anywhere near as much as the Cowboys, and right now I think I hate them more.

For the record, I don't feel bad for Dallas, though.

:laugh: This is just too funny. Like the cowgirls are the only ones the Pats have done that to this season. HAHAHA! I hate the cowboys. :rolleyes:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7333810

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :wewantd:

I agree. I'm all for sportsmanship, and I would say that had the Pats "piled it on" to some team that everyone considered to not have a chance in the first place, then I might consider agreeing with this guy. However, Dallas was hyped up to be such a competetive team. If I were the Pats and having such a dominant season, I would jump at the chance to "pile it on" to a team that was trying to act as if they were on my level.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7333810

I don't know Bill Belichick, but I respect him a lot despite all this Spygate garbage. A lot of teams steal signs and videotape their opponents when it makes sense. Belichick will tell you that his security team caught a Jets employee filming them last season in Gillette Stadium and he didn't go running to the commissioner's office. The word is that when the NFL picked up the Patriots' so-called Spygate files, the Patriots also supplied them with information about other NFL teams and what they might have been involved in.

That being said — and knowing how competitive Belichick is — I still question why Tom Brady and his starting offensive line were still on the Texas Stadium turf in the final minutes against the worn-out Cowboys? The Patriots had the game under control and although it had to be a great feeling for third-string running back Kyle Eckel to score a touchdown, was it really necessary? The game was already out of reach.

But it sure looked like Belichick was piling it on poor Wade Phillips and the Cowboys. Maybe Belichick didn't like hearing that Phillips thought his three Super Bowl wins were tarnished by Spygate. Maybe he didn't like reading about what a great defensive coach Phillips thinks he is. I don't believe the Cowboys would beat the Patriots in a rematch this season, but there's no reason to give them any extra motivation, either.

As much as I hate the Cowboys, I actually agree. New England had the game in hand, and this isn't college football (where margin of victory means something). Again, I like nothing more than seeing the Cowboys getting their faces rubbed in the mud, but there's no reason to run up the score. Had it been earlier in the game I'd have no problem with them scoring, but they had the game in hand.

Bill Simmons has an article about it today on ESPN.com

An exerpt.....

In each of those six wins, they specifically went for a meaningless touchdown just to stick it to their opponents. Here's the complete list:

Week 1 at New York Jets (38-14): 1-yard TD by Heath Evans, 1:58 left.

Week 2 vs. San Diego (38-14): 3-yard TD by Sammy Morris, 3:18 left.

Week 3 vs. Buffalo (38-7): 45-yard TD catch by Randy Moss, 10:22 left.

Week 4 at Cincy (34-17): 14-yard TD catch by Randy Moss, 3:18 left.

Week 5 vs. Cleveland (34-17): 15-yard fumble return TD by Randall Gay, 0:42 left.

(Important note: This came one play after the Pats failed to convert the "Eff You TD" on fourth-and-goal from Cleveland's 4 when Brady just missed Kyle Brady in the end zone.)

Week 6 vs. Dallas (48-27): 1-yard TD run by Kyle Eckles, 0:19 left.

**** the Patriots. (**** the Cowboys too! :)

As much as I hate the Cowboys, I actually agree. New England had the game in hand, and this isn't college football (where margin of victory means something). Again, I like nothing more than seeing the Cowboys getting their faces rubbed in the mud, but there's no reason to run up the score. Had it been earlier in the game I'd have no problem with them scoring, but they had the game in hand.

uh they ran their 4th string RB... The Pokes should have stopped him

and the Cowboys have no right at all complaining about running up the score by anyone

I agree. I can't believe some people are actually making a big deal of them scoring "more than their suppose to." You know how dumb that sounds? The game is over when the clock reahces ZERO and not when someone says "ok now your just being mean." **** that, they deserved to get as many points as they could score until the clock says 0:00.

I'm guessing most coaches would have kneeled down at the one with 20 seconds left, but I don't think it's that big a deal either way.

I can't believe people are whining about this. Phillips called a T.O. earlier in that drive. Was it a clssy move, no. But it's not like they threw it. They ran the ball into the end zone.

Our D couldnt stop them. No one elses fault.

uh they ran their 4th string RB... The Pokes should have stopped him

and the Cowboys have no right at all complaining about running up the score by anyone

Who do you mean when you say Cowboys? Are you referring to someone associated with the Cowboys or their fans?

There are a million articles /stories done about this game and I didn't read/see them all. I just didn't see anyone associated with the Cowboys complain about the Pats running up the score. Thanks for the clarification.

Again, all the Cowboys or any other team has to do is stop them. You don't like it that they're going for an "eff U" score? Stop them. If you can't stop them then please shut up.

Of course, if I were the coach and this was done to my team, I would probably go the classless route myself and order a defensive player to go take a shot at Tom Brady (not the knees just a hard hit and knock him down to send a message ourselves) and accept the 15 yard penalty and whatever fine comes along.

Archived