Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

O-Line, O-Line, O-Line

USS Redskins

The worst part of several parts of yesterdays disgraceful loss - the O-line.

Decimated by injuries already, they probably will have to play back-ups to the back-ups at at least one, possibly 2 positions.

Coming up are some hard hitting Defenses in New England, NY Giants, Dallas, TBay and to a lesser degree, Philly.

The run blocking is already suffering but the area of most concern is protecting Campbell - with a less than patch work line, there is a real danger of him going down to a serious injury and if anyone remembers 2003, Ramsey never really recovered from the pounding he took that year. This could easily happen again and seriously hurt JC's learning process.

Very disheartening but hoping Coach Joe & Saunders can come up with something.

The O Line didn't make Moss drop 6 passes or fumble the reverse.

The O Line didn't make Portis fumble either.

2 guys lost this game. Moss and Portis. Both of which have taken full credit for the loss and have almost cried on television about it. They both will bounce back.

There is nothing anyone needs to analyze and then OVER-analyze about the game except these 2 players.The whole team knows who lost the game. So do we.

Step 1: Accept it.

Step 2: Move on.

Step 3: Stay positive.

Rabach will be fine so will hayer and wade the problem is this one game against the cards the redskins must rest thouse guys for the pats game and put in people off the street for one game. Groin and pulls won't keep O-linemen out of games.

The run blocking is already suffering but the area of most concern is protecting Campbell - with a less than patch work line, there is a real danger of him going down to a serious injury and if anyone remembers 2003, Ramsey never really recovered from the pounding he took that year.

Ramsey has problems between the ears that have nothing to do with getting beat up. That's why he'll never again be a starter, barring injury, while guys like Joey Harrington keep getting jobs.

The bottom line is that people considered us an NFC contender AFTER the Jansen and Thomas injuries.

Why people are acting like some pulled groins is the same as the two more severe aforementioned injuries is crazy.

When it's all said and done, we'll still start Wade next week. In fact, the only starter who might change will be Pucillo for Rabach for a week. I don't imagine Rabach missing more than a game with a pulled groin. OL-men general play with more pain than other players.

Certainly, though, depth is a concern. No doubt. Demulling will def. be active this week.

The following OL should get the job done at home against the Cards:

RT-Wade

RG-Fabini

C-MP

LG-Kendall

LT-Samuels

2 guys lost this game. Moss and Portis. Both of which have taken full credit for the loss and have almost cried on television about it. They both will bounce back.

There is nothing anyone needs to analyze and then OVER-analyze about the game except these 2 players.The whole team knows who lost the game. So do we.

Question 1) Why did Portis lose us the game? The fumble resulted in no points for Green Bay, and we actually got the ball back closer than we had it on the previous drive.

The OP brings up a valid point. Our O-line is hurting right now. We almost put in a backup D-lineman yesterday because our line is decimated. Hopefully, Wade and Heyer only suffered minor injuries because if not, we're gonna be in a big jam. Our running game isn't nearly as good as it was last year, if it was, we'd be 4-1 or 5-0 right now.

I was thinking we might have to move Fabini over to RT and Demulling will fill in at Guard. I really hope Rabach doesn't have to miss any action, he is such a strong center.

Well, I'm basing this on the fact that Wade returned to the game. The Heyer injury appeared to be the most serious, IMO.

I was thinking we might have to move Fabini over to RT and Demulling will fill in at Guard. I really hope Rabach doesn't have to miss any action, he is such a strong center.

Yeah, Rabach is the leader and makes all the adjustments.

Mike Pucillo is a great backup but I think the line may have been only a little overmatched physically but they were truly missing Casey's brains and leadership.

I'm not really sure what this has to do with the thread. The OP is mentioning defenses we will be facing in the future, not the fact we lost the GB game. The point is we are extremely thin all the way down the line. We already have our right side out and now both our RT and C are knicked up. If anyone else gets hurt we are really running out of options, and we already had our bye. The health of our o-line is a great concern right now. Hopefully Wade and Rabach can rest up and prepare for the long stretch we have ahead of us.

I'm not really sure what this has to do with the thread. The OP is mentioning defenses we will be facing in the future, not the fact we lost the GB game. The point is we are extremely thin all the way down the line. We already have our right side out and now both our RT and C are knicked up. If anyone else gets hurt we are really running out of options, and we already had our bye. The health of our o-line is a great concern right now. Hopefully Wade and Rabach can rest up and prepare for the long stretch we have ahead of us.

Thanks for that post - obviously others didnt read my original closely or havent been watching much Redskins football this year.

Our problems with the O-line are extreme right now - its a fact, not an opinion, because of injuries. Hopefully they can return to action soon and these problems can be reveresed.

The running game is suffering (from O-line play and the fact that Portis is not quite his old self) and the pass protection (using that term loosely) was terrible vs. Gbay.

Wade, before his injury, was getting beat like a freaking drum yesterday.

Teams can overcome a few injuries but I dont think any team has depth to replace 3 spots on the line and not miss a beat.

Ramsey has problems between the ears that have nothing to do with getting beat up. That's why he'll never again be a starter, barring injury, while guys like Joey Harrington keep getting jobs.

I'll give you that (between the ears problems) to an extent but he took an awful beating that year. He was sacked something like 35 times not counting the hits after throws. Tell me that didnt have any effect on him.

Look for us to play max protection w/Cooley catching less passes or quick slant/screen short yardage plays. Ball control/field position battle; therefore, nothing will change. I think we have to go with a more unbalanced attack, throwing the ball more in shotgun because our running game is garbage.

Just my humble opinion.

Question 1) Why did Portis lose us the game? The fumble resulted in no points for Green Bay, and we actually got the ball back closer than we had it on the previous drive.

The OP brings up a valid point. Our O-line is hurting right now. We almost put in a backup D-lineman yesterday because our line is decimated. Hopefully, Wade and Heyer only suffered minor injuries because if not, we're gonna be in a big jam. Our running game isn't nearly as good as it was last year, if it was, we'd be 4-1 or 5-0 right now.

I'm just being a grumpy homer right now.

I'm mad a Portis b/c he has fumble 4 out of 5 games now. His numbers are terrible. I'm glad he has a few TD's. But I'm failing to see any spark to him this year.

I'm mad a Portis b/c he has fumble 4 out of 5 games now. His numbers are terrible. I'm glad he has a few TD's. But I'm failing to see any spark to him this year.

Can't say I disagree with that statement. He never really had troubles with fumbling until this year, now he's fumbling at crucial times in the game. As for his spark, I don't see it either, running wise. I don't deny that he's playing his hardest, he absolutely is. But he's either injured, or is just aging, because this is definitely not the same Portis.

The worst part of several parts of yesterdays disgraceful loss - the O-line.

Decimated by injuries already, they probably will have to play back-ups to the back-ups at at least one, possibly 2 positions.

Coming up are some hard hitting Defenses in New England, NY Giants, Dallas, TBay and to a lesser degree, Philly.

The run blocking is already suffering but the area of most concern is protecting Campbell - with a less than patch work line, there is a real danger of him going down to a serious injury and if anyone remembers 2003, Ramsey never really recovered from the pounding he took that year. This could easily happen again and seriously hurt JC's learning process.

Very disheartening but hoping Coach Joe & Saunders can come up with something.

I just hope looking pass Arizona is not contagious.

I feel everything else you are saying though. :)

LOL at people acting like we have no O-line depth... during the GB game at one point we were missing 5 people who started on the O-line at one point in the year to injuries. 5! I don't think any team could have 5 o line men go down to injury and still have any hope for their O-line. AND if it happened that Heyer, Rabach, and Wade all were out, we wouldn't have any hope.

Archived