Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Phŏ is so tasty

E-Dog Night

My mother-in-law works the counter at the Pho 75 in Rosslyn. I used to work down the street from her and the only thing better than a bowl of pho for lunch is a free bowl of pho for lunch!

A warning to any pho virgins --- go easy on the hoisin (plum) sauce. That stuff will give you some serious runs. :toilet:

Thanks. I love trying new food. I've never had the chance to try real thai food because I don;t have any true thai places around where i live (well philly has tons of them, but if i go to philly for dinner i am usually getting other food then thai food). YOu know if you actually go to the countries where thai food is eaten, they don;t use chopsticks.
You mean Thailand? ;):D

j/k :laugh: (sorry, it just struck me funny the way it was written)

My mother-in-law works the counter at the Pho 75 in Rosslyn. I used to work down the street from her and the only thing better than a bowl of pho for lunch is a free bowl of pho for lunch!

A warning to any pho virgins --- go easy on the hoisin (plum) sauce. That stuff will give you some serious runs. :toilet:

I read this thread last night while I was deciding what to do for dinner. I ended up going to Pho 75 in Rosslyn.

I thought it was pretty good. They bring the food out quick. I got the flank steak and round eye. Next time I might try the tripe. The herbs are all fresh and the noodles are good. One thing about the experience that bothered me because it's a little pet peeve of mine. People were slurping their food loudly.

go to little vietnam in falls church great vietnamese places, use to be one in Rosslyn years ago

I second that. Try The Four Sisters (Hong Que) restaurant.

As for pho it is good, but I don't understand the obsession. Who needs 75 kinds of beef noodle soup?

Now, get me some Bo luc lac and I'm happy.

WE HAVE A WINNER!!! My fiance and I frequent are here once or twice a week. My all time fave was Pho 99 on University Blvd. but that has since been closed. This place is just as good, even without having a full menu.

This is where my coworker took me for my first bowl of pho. It's not a bad place and the service is super speedy. There's a new pho place that opened up in Laurel in the shopping center of Contee Road and Route 1. The pho place is next to Coldstone Creamery and Starbucks - I've never been to this one ... but I'll probably give it a try sometime.

This is where my coworker took me for my first bowl of pho. It's not a bad place and the service is super speedy. There's a new pho place that opened up in Laurel in the shopping center of Contee Road and Route 1. The pho place is next to Coldstone Creamery and Starbucks - I've never been to this one ... but I'll probably give it a try sometime.

Yeah, I tried them out a few weeks back. It's not bad. I didn't particularly like it the day I went because the broth was kinda weak, but I could have caught them on a bad day. They are worth another try though.

One thing about the experience that bothered me because it's a little pet peeve of mine. People were slurping their food loudly.

That's the Vietnamese Way.

I know because even my old semi-fiancee would sometimes chew with her mouth open and I'd tell her "sweetie, please don't. That really sounds bad."

But the slurping of the noodles is quite common.

This is one of the bad things about living in the middle of nowhere. This stuff sounds right up my alley!

Don't see any Vietnamese joints opening up around here soon though.

Try the Vietnamese Tea House in Blacksburg. I don't know if they have it, but that's the only place I can think of around that would.

Archived