Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

One Positive from MNF

PF Chang

surely you mean nightmare....

The ending was a nightmare, yes, but it would have been far worse had Dallas just cruised through it with no trouble.

They have no character. They have no leader. Their coaching staff never bothered to make any adjustments. They're toast.

The ending was a nightmare, yes, but it would have been far worse had Dallas just cruised through it with no trouble.

They have no character. They have no leader. Their coaching staff never bothered to make any adjustments. They're toast.

yeah... they were completely exposed. TO was primed to blow up on Romo sits to pee.... but then he dropped the 2pt conversion. how many drops did he have tonight??? things are slowly going back to how it was at the end of last season

the MNF game was more painful to watch than our loss to New York. Hard to find any positives at this point. Sure the Boys are beatable, isn't everybody? And not only have they blown out teams, but they also proved capable of coming back (albeit thanks to a legendary collaspe).

Bottom line is they won, and in this division, every game is going to be crucial, for us as well as the other 3 in the NFCE. Yes, we're playing good football, really good football, top 5 in the conference without a doubt. But we'd all be ignorant to think that Dallas' record won't directly affect our playoff fate come week 14, 15, 16.

Buffalo ****ed themselves, they ****ed their fans, they ****ed us, they ****ed our entire conference. ****.

I need a drink.:mad:

I am soooo sick it is unreal. It took me two hours to fall asleep. I can't believe the Bills let us all down like this. All they had to do was kick a field goal, and they throw an int. I was looking at first place after next week, but it looks bad for the division now

first of all 5-0 is 5-0. The boyz can go 5-6 the rest of the way and make the playoffs. that being said, the health of a team is becoming more of a factor than ever in the NFL. from what i see if the skins stay reasonably healthy (or is it too late for that?) they will continue to get more polished, much better and become a bonified contender. In other words, the skins will peak when it is most beneficial to do so,... late season and playoffs. This is what Gibbs wants anyway. Any wins we get now while we get our act together make our season potentially much stronger.

If the Redskins go into GB and win (which I expect us to do against a similarly one-dimensional team), is there any doubt about being a major contender for the NFC crown?

Nate, I'm sorry, but there's a HUGE difference in talent between Jon Kitna and Brett Favre. Their Sunday-night loss aside, Favre has those guys playing over their heads and they're going to give us all we can handle. Sunday will be no gimme.

We have to earn it. We have 2 games against Dallas, thus we have a chance to even things out. We have the playoffs thus we have a chance to win out. We have 12 more games and Dallas has a few more. So I really don't care much if Dallas wins or loses vs every one else. We have to make our own destiny not expect success to be given to us.

Take it.

The only positive from Monday Night is that there is more proof that this league is a week to week league. Any Given Sunday so to speak...Unless, of course you are New England or Indy.

There is no predicting games anymore in this league. Just when you think a team is great, they lose a game they shouldn't and just the opposite when you think they are awful.

I am happy as hell that we are 3-1. Do I think we should/could be 4-1. You know it! :) But knowing that there are "no gimmes" in this league, you have to attack each week with a cautious amount of optimism!

Ok, I am as sickened as anyone at the 'Boys pulling off another one they shouldn't have. They have a horseshoe the size of the Gateway Arch shoved up their collective ass, and surprise, surprise, they got a lot of help from the zebras too, but the important thing here is that they needed every bit of that to squeak out a win against a lousy team that scored 3 offensive points.

Try and see the big picture, what would be worse for them and their loud-mouthed bandwagon fans?

A: New coach, etc., and they play middle of the pack, go 8-8 this season and can make excuses for why, new schemes, rebuilding, Parcell's hangover, yadda yadda yadda

OR

B: Start strong, beat a struggling Giants team in a shootout before they get going, rip off a run of wins, post a good record and make the playoffs only to be ripped, run over, rump rode and rolled out in the first round? Or even better, get blown out by us, giving us many new gifs and witticisms for the offseason?

I know it's difficult sometimes to have faith in fate and all but you just have to trust what you know to be true, even if it takes a while in coming. Dallass is fundamentally unsound, they are nowhere the complete team that NE or the Colts are, and we can make a case that they are not even on the same level as our Skins. The higher they get believing the fawning BS that the mediots shovel daily the bigger the crash-n-burn when it all falls apart.

If I get to choose I say sweep all their misery into one pile and let them have it all at once so they can choke on it all off season.

yeah... they were completely exposed. TO was primed to blow up on Romo sits to pee.... but then he dropped the 2pt conversion. how many drops did he have tonight??? things are slowly going back to how it was at the end of last season

He had 2 catches - and I heard either 10 or 16 times homo threw his way...

TO is a b***h.

Another positive is this: you gotta believe many of our players were watching that game feeling the same sickness we were. This could, and probably will light even more of a fire in them. They probably think it's a BS loss too and are now motivated as ever to catch them for the division. They now know there's nothing there to really be intimidated by in the boys. They smell blood in the water, and are gonna show it on Sunday.

Nate, I'm sorry, but there's a HUGE difference in talent between Jon Kitna and Brett Favre. Their Sunday-night loss aside, Favre has those guys playing over their heads and they're going to give us all we can handle. Sunday will be no gimme.

Oh, I certainly agree that it's no guarantee. I think we match up very well against them, though.

And if Favre makes a few bad decisions, here's to hoping the interception monkey is finally off Carlos's back. :)

I don't think there's any way Green Bay could be considered as balanced.

So top three

there is no way that Green Bay is going to stay on their pace for the whole season. Being one dimensional will hurt them and it'll hurt them if they manage to pull off the playoffs.

With Tony Homo out there throwing 5 picks and fumbling the ball, I'm not shook of Dallas at all. Any other team in football beats them last night.

I give them all the credit in the world for actually winning. Regardless of the quality of talent you're playing, when you come back from that, that's damn impressive.

First i would like to see how we play GB.

last night told us two things. The brokebacks don't have the QB they thought they have. I don't care how bad a day you are having man no QB worth a dime puts the ball 5 times in the hands of the 32nd ranked D in the league. Second no matter what the record say the pukes were just about the luckiest team of the century to not only score a TD to come within two but to recover a onside kick AND kick a 53 yard field goal (twice) to win the game. You know what the odds are to do that in a span of 20 seconds? Increadible. And it was only possible against a team like the Bills.

Who have they beaten? The Dolphins? They were lucky to win that one (we were not lucky because Smoot should have had that INT). The Bears? With Crossman? Please. The Giants? The G-men not only kept up with them but they lost in that game 3 starters to injury. Anyway like I said last night the world saw how bad Homo can be. I don't think if JC even tried he could be this bad.

Archived