Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FOX News Poll: Nearly 1 in 5 Democrats Say World Will Be Better Off if U.S. Loses War

Sarge

Can we question their patriotism now?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,299374,00.html

NEW YORK — Nearly one out of every five Democrats thinks the world will be better off if America loses the war in Iraq, according to the FOX News Opinion Dynamics Poll released Thursday.

The percentage of Democrats (19 percent) who believe that is nearly four times the number of Republicans (5 percent) who gave the same answer. Seven percent of independents said the world would be better off if the U.S. lost the war.

Overall, 11 percent of Americans think the world would be "better off" if the U.S. lost the war, and 73 percent disagree.

Opinion Dynamics Corp. conducted the national telephone poll of 900 registered voters for FOX News from Sept. 25 to Sept. 26. The poll has a 3-point margin of error.

Praying for Peace

Large majorities of Americans say they have said a prayer for soldiers serving in Iraq and for the war to end, while just over half say they have prayed for President Bush.

Most people — 87 percent — say they have said a prayer for the troops, and another 77 percent have prayed for the war in Iraq to end. A much smaller 54 percent majority of Americans say they have prayed for the president.

RelatedColumn Archive

FOX News Poll: Nearly 1 in 5 Democrats Say World Will Be Better Off if U.S. Loses WarFOX News Poll: U.S. Should Take Tougher Line With IranFOX News Poll: Majority Says O.J. Simpson Guilty of Robbery FOX News Poll: Americans Have 'Moved On' From Petraeus Flap FOX News Poll: Voters Say President’s Party Not a Huge ConcernFull-page FNC Poll Archive

Among groups, Democrats (80 percent) and Republicans (76 percent) are about equally likely to say they have prayed for the war to end, and women (80 percent) are only slightly more likely than men (73 percent) to have done so.

Republicans (74 percent) are twice as likely as Democrats (37 percent) to have included the president in their prayers, while just over half (52 percent) of independents have prayed for Bush.

Appealing to a higher authority on behalf of the president does not appear to be influenced by gender, as about as many men (51 percent) as women (56 percent) say they have prayed for Bush.

"It’s interesting to see the parallel between overall voter sentiment toward the president and the relatively reduced likelihood to pray for him," says Ernest Paicopolos, principal of Opinion Dynamics. "It’s also striking to see a more than 30-point gap between prayer for the troops and prayer for the commander-in-chief of those same troops."

In general, more Republicans (64 percent) than Democrats (53 percent) and independents (48 percent) say they pray every day. Southerners (66 percent) are 20 percentage points more likely than those living in the Northeast (46 percent) to pray daily.

Overall, a 56 percent majority of Americans says they pray every day, including 64 percent of women and 47 percent of men.

Another 17 percent say they pray several times a week and 7 percent several times a month. Few Americans — 7 percent — say they never pray.

we_support_our_troops_2.jpg

Can we question their patriotism now?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,299374,00.html

NEW YORK — Nearly one out of every five Democrats thinks the world will be better off if America loses the war in Iraq, according to the FOX News Opinion Dynamics Poll released Thursday.

The percentage of Democrats (19 percent) who believe that is nearly four times the number of Republicans (5 percent) who gave the same answer. Seven percent of independents said the world would be better off if the U.S. lost the war.

Overall, 11 percent of Americans think the world would be "better off" if the U.S. lost the war, and 73 percent disagree.

Opinion Dynamics Corp. conducted the national telephone poll of 900 registered voters for FOX News from Sept. 25 to Sept. 26. The poll has a 3-point margin of error.

Praying for Peace

Large majorities of Americans say they have said a prayer for soldiers serving in Iraq and for the war to end, while just over half say they have prayed for President Bush.

Most people — 87 percent — say they have said a prayer for the troops, and another 77 percent have prayed for the war in Iraq to end. A much smaller 54 percent majority of Americans say they have prayed for the president.

RelatedColumn Archive

FOX News Poll: Nearly 1 in 5 Democrats Say World Will Be Better Off if U.S. Loses WarFOX News Poll: U.S. Should Take Tougher Line With IranFOX News Poll: Majority Says O.J. Simpson Guilty of Robbery FOX News Poll: Americans Have 'Moved On' From Petraeus Flap FOX News Poll: Voters Say President’s Party Not a Huge ConcernFull-page FNC Poll Archive

Among groups, Democrats (80 percent) and Republicans (76 percent) are about equally likely to say they have prayed for the war to end, and women (80 percent) are only slightly more likely than men (73 percent) to have done so.

Republicans (74 percent) are twice as likely as Democrats (37 percent) to have included the president in their prayers, while just over half (52 percent) of independents have prayed for Bush.

Appealing to a higher authority on behalf of the president does not appear to be influenced by gender, as about as many men (51 percent) as women (56 percent) say they have prayed for Bush.

"It’s interesting to see the parallel between overall voter sentiment toward the president and the relatively reduced likelihood to pray for him," says Ernest Paicopolos, principal of Opinion Dynamics. "It’s also striking to see a more than 30-point gap between prayer for the troops and prayer for the commander-in-chief of those same troops."

In general, more Republicans (64 percent) than Democrats (53 percent) and independents (48 percent) say they pray every day. Southerners (66 percent) are 20 percentage points more likely than those living in the Northeast (46 percent) to pray daily.

Overall, a 56 percent majority of Americans says they pray every day, including 64 percent of women and 47 percent of men.

Another 17 percent say they pray several times a week and 7 percent several times a month. Few Americans — 7 percent — say they never pray.

we_support_our_troops_2.jpg

WOW! A whole 900 registered voters!!! That's almost.....almost.....that's not a lot.

I'll save someone the typing. ;)

Many of them probably equate pulling troops out as losing and are not really wishing for defeat,just the end of the war by any means.

However I think the peace at any costs folk are as bad as the nuts that advocate use of force w/o diplomatic effort first.

Both are a minority...thankfully. :2cents:

WOW! A whole 900 registered voters!!! That's almost.....almost.....that's not a lot.

So you'll agree then that this poll of Bush's approval rating is equally invalid, right? Or is this another one of those times when we play by different rules? :laugh:

http://www.galluppoll.com/content/?ci=28093

"Results are based on telephone interviews with 1,014 national adults, aged 18 and older, conducted July 6-8, 2007."

Her is a thought that our smart friends at Fox news obviously did not take into account. It is impossible to lose the war in Iraq because it is already over and has been since 2003. The war was the invasion which was over quickly.

How flawed is the question? We have disbanded the Iraqi Army....that is how over this war is. What we have in Iraq right now is an occupation and civil project.

So to clarify, Fox news created a loaded poll to ask liberals a stupid question in order to generate a result they could contort into artificial political capitol. It is truly sad that some people actually believed this insanity.

Better questions include but are not limited to:

1. Do you want to end the occupation and civil project in Iraq?

2. Do you want our troops to stop policing Iraq and force Iraqis to step forward for their own country?

3. Does a stable Iraq have any bearing on the greater war on terror?

So you'll agree then that this poll of Bush's approval rating is equally invalid, right? Or is this another one of those times when we play by different rules? :laugh:

http://www.galluppoll.com/content/?ci=28093

"Results are based on telephone interviews with 1,014 national adults, aged 18 and older, conducted July 6-8, 2007."

Apparently polls mean squat because bush was elected twice.

Apparently polls mean squat because bush was elected twice.

Actually, his approval rating in November of 2004 was just over 50%, and he won the election with what?. Fifty-one percent of the vote. Good effort though.

http://www.pollingreport.com/BushJob1.htm

edit: Oh, and there was no approval rating for him before he was elected in 2000 from what I could tell. :laugh:

Actually, his approval rating in November of 2004 was just over 50%, and he won the election with what?. Fifty-one percent of the vote. Good effort though.

http://www.pollingreport.com/BushJob1.htm

edit: Oh, and there was no approval rating for him before he was elected in 2000 from what I could tell. :laugh:

You're in a knife fight with a guy armed with water balloons, h.

Wow, never expected a subject change. That's how my wife used to admit she was wrong too. ;) :laugh:

1. According to an SF buddy of mine who's home now, it still feels quite like a war. He was shot in the leg with an AK-47 round whilst trying to clear a two-house compound outside of Baghdad. Combine regular fire-fights with roadside bombs and mines, and I'm quite sure it still feels like a combat zone.

2. You're familiar with Al Qaeda in Iraq, right? It's my understanding that they still make up the bulk (or at least the foundation) of the insurgency; and are therefore probably our primary enemy over there today. (Along with other pro-Saddam loyalists.) I'm not sure what you meant by the Fox News portion of your question, but I choose to formulate my own opinions.

a total of around 68 democrats responded that the world would be better off if the US lost the war in Iraq. How the world would be better off we aren't told.

Someone call Ann Coulter and have her write another book.

BTW - I bet I could make a killing generating my own headlines with polls. I wonder what percentage of republicans would think the US would be better off if the right wing took over for a few month and jailed liberals? I'd imagine that number would through the "bases" devotion to the ideals of democracy into question... unless you realized that radical ideas on opposing sides is how democracy works.

Someone is just a little angry because the price of ponys just went up to

$850,000

:laugh:

A simple, "Hey, whoops. I didn't realize national sample sizes were generally that small," would have sufficed. :thumbsup:

Or...

"Hey, whoops. I didn't realize Bush was re-elected by his EXACT approval rating." :laugh:

Archived