Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FOX News Poll: Nearly 1 in 5 Democrats Say World Will Be Better Off if U.S. Loses War

Sarge

A simple, "Hey, whoops. I didn't realize national sample sizes were generally that small," would have sufficed. :thumbsup:

Or...

"Hey, whoops. I didn't realize Bush was re-elected by his EXACT approval rating." :laugh:

Before you hurt your shoulder patting your own back, remember that the exit polling has been consistently off when it comes to Bush winning elections. Bush has basically ended the practice.

Before you hurt yourself remember that the exit polling has been consistently off when it comes to Bush winning elections. Bush has basically ended the practice.

These weren't exit polls. The link was to his approval rating at the time, which is what was in question. It matched his % of the popular vote EXACTLY.

(I didn't realize that before I looked it up, but that's pretty damn impressive if you ask me.)

Sorry if I was being an ass. If you know anything about me, you know I'll generally admit it when I post something that's factually incorrect. I guess I've just come to (foolishly) expect the same courtesy.

In general, more Republicans (64 percent) than Democrats (53 percent) and independents (48 percent) say they pray every day. Southerners (66 percent) are 20 percentage points more likely than those living in the Northeast (46 percent) to pray daily.

Overall, a 56 percent majority of Americans says they pray every day, including 64 percent of women and 47 percent of men.

Another 17 percent say they pray several times a week and 7 percent several times a month. Few Americans — 7 percent — say they never pray.

I don't pray. I guess I'm just not patriotic... :whoknows:

Wow, never expected a subject change. That's how my wife used to admit she was wrong too. ;) :laugh:

Your wife won those arguments she just allowed you to believe that you did. Everyone to include your wife knows about your fragile male sensibilities.:laugh:

1. According to an SF buddy of mine who's home now, it still feels quite like a war. He was shot in the leg with an AK-47 round whilst trying to clear a two-house compound outside of Baghdad. Combine regular fire-fights with roadside bombs and mines, and I'm quite sure it still feels like a combat zone.

What SF group was your friend with? I ask because I was responsible for giving every deploying SF group an media and intel briefing prior to deployment from Fort Bragg.

Anyway, I believe it was GW Bush that declared combat operations over in Iraq back in 2003. He also disbanded the Iraqi army so the fact is we are acting as an occupation force in Iraq unless Bush is lying again. I was in Iraq at the time the president declared the hostilities over and 11 days after I earned my 2nd bronze star fighting off insurgents that ambushed a convoy near the baghdad airport with mortars and RPGs.

Those situations are dealt with everyday in Iraq and it does not change the fact that when the president declares the war over...it is over.

2. You're familiar with Al Qaeda in Iraq, right? It's my understanding that they still make up the bulk (or at least the foundation) of the insurgency; and are therefore probably our primary enemy over there today. (Along with other pro-Saddam loyalists.) I'm not sure what you meant by the Fox News portion of your question, but I choose to formulate my own opinions.

According to my intel friends in Iraq right now and at Fort Bragg Al Qeada is no longer a credible threat because the Sunnis are no longer hiding, arming and supporting them. Most of the fighting going on in Iraq is sectarian (Sunni vs. Shia). The only fighting aimed at US troops are the Iranian insurgents that are using the vastly improved IEDs with artillery shells.

Which again brings me back to my point....

President Bush declared the war over 4 years ago so why is fox news asking democrats stupid questions in a poll about the Iraqi occupation? Either the president is lying or Fox News does not know the difference between an occupation and a war.

Pick one....I'll wait

Pick one....I'll wait

Errrr...Why do I have to answer for Fox News? Oh, because I'm a conservative and they tell me what to think? Hardly. I stated my position and I'll stand by that.

I believe my buddy was in 10th group. I'm not positive though. When I talk to him again, I'll shoot you a PM.

Errrr...Why do I have to answer for Fox News? Oh, because I'm a conservative and they tell me what to think? Hardly. I stated my position and I'll stand by that.

I believe my buddy was in 10th group. I'm not positive though. When I talk to him again, I'll shoot you a PM.

You should answer for Fixed News Channel because just 2 seconds ago you were in agreement with this flawed poll. You did not answer the question because you did not want to make the choice of invalidating this Fox poll or admitting Bush lied. I am at least glad you will stand by your position much like the captain on a sinking ship.

Thanks for bringing your nerf knife to a gunfight....:laugh:

You should answer for Fixed News Channel because just 2 seconds ago you were in agreement with this flawed poll. You did not answer the question because you did not want to make the choice of invalidating this Fox poll or admitting Bush lied. I am at least glad you will stand by your position much like the captain on a sinking ship.

Thanks for bringing your nerf knife to a gunfight....:laugh:

Do we still have soldiers over there dying? Are they still engaging the enemy on a daily basis? Sounds like friggin war to me. (Which, BTW, is also precisely what I said in my previous post.)

Playing semantics doesn't fool anyone, nor have you pwn3d anyone. The fact is, this poll is accurate. Your comment about the 2004 election was disproven. And you are deflecting to avoid admitting your error.

Good day sir. I said GOOD DAY. ;) :laugh:

Somalia - felt like a war from where I was getting shot at - war

Self-mother-freaking-pwntifyed like a mother d-bag!!!!!!!!

(This was in the Mexican Flag thread, about cav's own service. Nice job genius. As you prove by your own statement, my troops over there getting shot at are in a war. You have confirmed that "FIX" news' poll is absolutely valid. And you've earned the day's ass-hat award.)

Thanks for bringing your water pistol into a nuclear holocaust. :laugh:

Can we question their patriotism now?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,299374,00.html

NEW YORK — Nearly one out of every five Democrats thinks the world will be better off if America loses the war in Iraq, according to the FOX News Opinion Dynamics Poll released Thursday.

So you're saying that more than 4 out 5 Democrats don't think the world would be better off if America loses the war in Iraq.

Sounds pretty patriotic to me.

Do we still have soldiers over there dying? Are they still engaging the enemy on a daily basis? Sounds like friggin war to me. (Which, BTW, is also precisely what I said in my previous post.)

Playing semantics doesn't fool anyone, nor have you pwn3d anyone. The fact is, this poll is accurate. Your comment about the 2004 election was disproven. And you are deflecting to avoid admitting your error.

Good day sir. I said GOOD DAY. ;) :laugh:

Korea looked like a war to me...but it was called a police action

Thanks again for playing

Korea looked like a war to me...but it was called a police action

Thanks again for playing

Your quote:

Somalia - felt like a war from where I was getting shot at - war

Sorry, but my boys there now are in the same position. But hey, I get it. Logic and consistency aren't your strongpoints are they? :silly:

Self-mother-freaking-pwntifyed like a mother d-bag!!!!!!!!

(This was in the Mexican Flag thread, about cav's own service. Nice job genius. As you prove by your own statement, my troops over there getting shot at are in a war. You have confirmed that "FIX" news' poll is absolutely valid. And you've earned the day's ass-hat award.)

Thanks for bringing your water pistol into a nuclear holocaust. :laugh:

hahahahaha.....nice try :laugh:

It was indeed a war until the president said mission accomplished and ended it.

And you wasted all those nouns and verbs in another futile attempt to make a point.

You brought your nuclear halocuast to a Gamma Ray Burst...

Thanks again for playing

:laugh:

hahahahaha.....nice try :laugh:

It was indeed a war until the president said mission accomplished and ended it.

And you wasted all those nouns and verbs in another futile attempt to make a point.

You brought your nuclear halocuast to a Gamma Ray Burst...

Thanks again for playing

:laugh:

I missed that. When did Congress declare war? Or can the president do that in your Constitution?

How deep do you want to dig this whole? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Your quote:

Sorry, but my boys there now are in the same position. But hey, I get it. Logic and consistency aren't your strongpoints are they? :silly:

This coming from the guy who would rather go down with the ship than admit Bush lied or Fox news is full of crap..

Yeah....a beacon of credibility you are...:rotflmao:

So you're saying that more than 4 out 5 Democrats don't think the world would be better off if America loses the war in Iraq.

Sounds pretty patriotic to me.

I like the way you look at things,it gives me hope :cheers:

I'm sorry I can't hear you with all the noice your electric shovel is making

:D

Thanks again for playing

Translation: You're absolutely right again, hog. The president can't declare war, and an official declaration was never made by Congress in Iraq (or in Somalia.) :laugh:

Translation: Hog would rather go down on the USS Bush than admit you were wrong.

It's ok....I understand that whole pride thing

Yes, I would rather go down on some bush than pretty much do ANYTHING else. :laugh:

It's OK. I've had enough of the know-nothing nah nah nee boo boo garbage. I'll find someone capable of having an intelligent discussion.

So you'll agree then that this poll of Bush's approval rating is equally invalid, right? Or is this another one of those times when we play by different rules? :laugh:

http://www.galluppoll.com/content/?ci=28093

"Results are based on telephone interviews with 1,014 national adults, aged 18 and older, conducted July 6-8, 2007."

I came back to this thread a bit dated, but I still have more water balloons! So are Fox polls on par with Gallup? Is MSNBC? And which 900 got polled in 2004 to help predict the election outcome?

I concede! All polls are accurate, unbiased, and factual!

I came back to this thread a bit dated, but I still have more water balloons! So are Fox polls on par with Gallup? Is MSNBC? And which 900 got polled in 2004 to help predict the election outcome?

I concede! All polls are accurate, unbiased, and factual!

You may have read that cavalier was the one who called into question Bush having been elected twice; despite polls on his approval rating.

Now, first. I didn't call him out on the fact that Bush didn't HAVE approval ratings as president before he was elected in 2000. Duh. And second, he asked about a specific poll (2004) and I immediately pulled it up, linked it, and showed that his approval rating and popular vote total were identical.

He asked the question. I answered it. I linked it. Generally that's how things work around here. (With the exception of most people after having been proven wrong are man enough to say so.)

Jeebus....I hope I don't piss him off too much. He might get the president to declare war on me! :laugh:

Archived