Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are any of the unbeatens going down? Are all of them?

KevinthePRF

Jumbo pay close attention to N.E. vs Cleveland and Dallas at Buffalo. How the teams play going into next weeks matchup will reveal some things.

I dunno man, there's nothing you're gonna be able to pull from the Buffalo game. That team is cooked. Dallas is gonna destroy them without trying.

I dunno man, there's nothing you're gonna be able to pull from the Buffalo game. That team is cooked. Dallas is gonna destroy them without trying.

Football is funny man. It's all about momentum. I think back to a 9-0 Indy team that eventually went on to win the SB coming into Texas Stadium and losing last year. With each passing game, teams are finding out more and more about their identities. Cohesiveness comes together. Trust is earned. Roles are developed. A sloppy game/win from N.E. is every Cowboys fan hope right now.

I agree. We didn't just **** up against NY, they got better on us. They played tough at the right times during the game to win. Buffalo has a long way to go to beat dallas because the dallas O puts up points. But that teaam can egt well on Dalas and dallas can fall prey to a soft game. THA's right about seeing how it goes. If I'm a cowboy, I want to see intensity and energy against Buffalo. Not cool sureness.

NE won't sleep on CLE. If they do, again, it's a sign.

Hypothetical ...

Dallas does pull the upset.

Would you still call them a lucky team that played an easy schedule, or will you give them due ?

I don't mean bowing before "greatness" or that crap, but will you consider them a contender ?

If they beat NE I'll give them their due. Sure why not. Also, if I win the lottery, I'll help Jerrah pay for his new stadium.

Birdlives come in and joint the party man. I see you dogg! Long time no speak. Not afraid of 4-0 fan are ya? I promise I won't pull any of your quotes from the summer. :D

Feel free if it makes you feel better.

As for 4-0, I also believe I recently said that dallas is the team to beat in the NFC right now. HOWEVER, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. 4-0 is 4-0, not 16-0.

I take exception to the idea that dallas might be capable of, as you put it, "changing the guard". dallas isn't that far in yet nor are they on the same level as the colts or the pats. I certainly don't see "dynasty" in their future.

If I'm not mistaken, one of your teams biggest problems hasn't been starting but finishing. Just rememeber that, as you sail through at 4-0.

Even if dallas does beat buffalo AND the Pats I wouldn't write too much into it. And quite frankly, I've already given them their due. They are, right now, the team to beat in the NFC. Don't doubt for a second that that doesn't put a big fat target on their backs.

As for the other point made, I would agree that if dallas and NE both win this week their game next week will not only be hype city, but also be very significant in the course of the season. Perhaps a little too early to call it a SB match-up, but still, a big time game and very much a measuring stick for dallas and NE. I know I'll be watching.

If dallas can beat the Pats it means they deserve the title I've already given them, i.e. the team to beat in the NFC.

If they lose, it could spell big problems in big-d. The rest of their schedule will use that game as "beating dallas 101" and it will be that much harder for them to succeed in the course of their schedule. And again, they haven't exactly inspired confidence in the last half of their schedule lately.

Bottom line it, dallas isn't that far above any other team in the NFC and certainly not the NFL which means while they're 4-0 now, I certainly don't expect them to be 16-0.

I still take exception to the "changing of the guard" comment. Down right ridiculous if you ask me. You want my take, there it is. Feel free to comment as you see fit.

And I hope you haven't been eating too much of that Carolina BBQ and getting fat you B-tard. :)

looks to me like the colts and the packers are gonna catch an L this week

I don't see how in the world the Packers could fall to chicago. The bears have a new qb who isn't all that much of an upgrade from Grossman. Plus, the Packers have so much momentum going for them, I see them capitalizing on it. Forget that their run game is suspect, they'll still move the ball on chicago in passing.

I will say though... with hester doing his abnormal thing on special teams, one does wonder if the packers can stop that.

And I hope you haven't been eating too much of that Carolina BBQ and getting fat you B-tard. :)

:laugh: I read your post. Well said as always. You're a little homerish but a quality poster and you know the game pretty well. The season is young. I just got the feeling you were shying away from me dog. I don't hear a peep out of the Carolina Panthers fans down here. Their fans are already jumping ship. :laugh:

I'm not saying that we're on the same level as N.E. by any means but you don't think we would present any more of a challenge than that? Buffalo and NYJ scored more than six and held them to less than 45? You're entitled to your own opinion I guess.

THA, must I remind you that Moss has a personal beef with Dallas and Jerruh. It seems like when Moss plays against you, he just eats your secondary alive. We'll see what happens.

:laugh: I read your post. Well said as always. You're a little homerish but a quality poster and you know the game pretty well. The season is young. I just got the feeling you were shying away from me dog. I don't hear a peep out of the Carolina Panthers fans down here. Their fans are already jumping ship. :laugh:

If I'm a little homerish then you're a lost cause.

They wanna hype it up for ratings. Man, you sure are gullible. It's not really a showdown, but they have to pretend that Dallas poses a threat or people wont be as interested.

Here's a quick tip from me to you. Don't believe everything the media feeds you. Take that one and tuck it away somewhere safe.

Of course the game will be "hyped" and will be labled a "showdown", especially if both teams emerge next week undefeated. Both teams were playoff teams last year and both are considered by many experts to be the hottest teams in the league right now. But I can understand why this would be difficult for you to digest...No one expects much from a team that was 5-11 last year and has thus far been unimpressive so far this season..

barber1_092307_360.jpg

Next Stop..1st and 10...

As for 4-0, I also believe I recently said that dallas is the team to beat in the NFC right now. HOWEVER, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. 4-0 is 4-0, not 16-0.

That's pretty much my take on them too. The one to beat in the NFC but haven't proven a whole lot yet.

I take exception to the idea that dallas might be capable of, as you put it, "changing the guard". dallas isn't that far in yet nor are they on the same level as the colts or the pats. I certainly don't see "dynasty" in their future.

Yeah, just the idea that some Dallas fans are thinking they're going to supplant New England as the NFL's resident "Dynasty" is a little wrong, IMO. They may be 4-0 right now... but they're a long ways off from being a Dynasty. :doh:

If I'm not mistaken, one of your teams biggest problems hasn't been starting but finishing. Just rememeber that, as you sail through at 4-0.

I may be reading you wrong here BL... but are you saying that they've been starting fast and struggling to finish? If so, that is completely off base. I've watched them a good bit this year and paid attention to each game they've had (I do all 3 NFC East rival teams) - They've been starting slow but finishing each game with a Bang. They've scored hardly anything in the 1st quarter this year but they've been lighting it up in the second half and just killing teams.

Bad teams, as we're all aware of though. :silly:

Anyway, just wanted to make sure I read that right. I could be off base and you meant slow start and a fast finish. If that's the case then you're right and forget what I said.

Even if dallas does beat buffalo AND the Pats I wouldn't write too much into it. And quite frankly, I've already given them their due. They are, right now, the team to beat in the NFC. Don't doubt for a second that that doesn't put a big fat target on their backs.

Hey, if Dallas beats New England and moves to 6-0... there's going to be a LOT of people giving them their due. They will be a very good team if it happens that way and they'll be a mortal lock for post season play.

I just don't see them beating NE though. They're not in the same class, IMO.

If they lose, it could spell big problems in big-d. The rest of their schedule will use that game as "beating dallas 101" and it will be that much harder for them to succeed in the course of their schedule.

I don't see a loss to New England as a sign of problems in Dallas. Heck, all teams lose a few... even the eventual super bowl champion. I just don't see how losing to a very good NE team will doom them or something.

Also, I don't see the rest of the NFL using it as a template for a "beat Dallas 101". That's funny to me. Did the Giants provide a "beat Washington 101" to the teams on our schedule? What about all the other 28 teams that have lost one this year? Are they now screwed too because the NFL sees how to beat them? That doesn't make sense to me.

Anyway. I agree with most of what you said... Dallas isn't what it's fans are trying to make it out to be, IMO. They're a good team but not in NE class yet.

Oh, and as far as it being labled a "showdown" if both teams are 5-0? It will be beaten into out brains that the "showdown" is the biggest thing ever to happen in the NFL. :rolleyes: :doh:

The media hype for that showdown will be all consuming. That's all we're hear for this entire week. I truly dread it. I just pray to God that Dallas doesn't win...

Of course the game will be "hyped" and will be labled a "showdown", especially if both teams emerge next week undefeated. Both teams were playoff teams last year and both are considered by many experts to be the hottest teams in the league right now. But I can understand why this would be difficult for you to digest...No one expects much from a team that was 5-11 last year and has thus far been unimpressive so far this season..

Keep believing the hype. It'll make your crash even more enjoyable for everyone outside of pukeland.

Archived