Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are any of the unbeatens going down? Are all of them?

KevinthePRF

New England Patriots vs Cleveland Browns

Yay:

1. Maroney is still hurting

2. Cleveland put up 51 on Cincy

3. Trap game, looking ahead to Dallas

Nay:

1. Cincy put up 45 on Cleveland

2. Best defense in the NFL

3. Humble Pie t-shirts

Indianapolis Colts vs Tampa Bay Bucs

Yay:

1. Three key injuries in Week 4

2. Tampa's defense is one of the league's best, again

3. Tampa has a strong, balanced running game.

Nay:

1. Peyton Manning is not one of the key injuries

2. Tampa lost it's Cadillac

3. There's no place like dome.

Dallas Cowboys @ Buffalo Bills

Yay

1. Trap game, looking ahead to New England

2. Always tough to win in Buffalo, with no summer and all

3. And has looked good at home.

Nay

1. Buffalo has looked awful everywhere else, against good teams

2. Littered with injuries

3. Statistically the worst team in the NFL all around

Green Bay @ Chicago Bears

Yay:

1. Chicago has had lots of recent success against G.B.

2. Green Bay running game is the worst, not even close to 31rst.

3. Back against the wall game for Chicago.

Nay:

1. Farve seems to think it's 1997, not 2007.

2. Chicago's injuries have decimated the once dominant defense.

3. Farve tends to save something special for primetime.

Chicago or Tampa will pull an upset. I don't see either N.E. or Dallas losing setting up a undefeated showdown next week.

LOL @ showdown. Dallas has beaten only beaten some of the worst teams in the NFL. The Giants may not be included on that list because they've come around defensively and Manning has taken a nice step forward this year. Ther rest of them are in the bottom third of the league in defense.

PPG Allowed

Miami 29th

Rams 26th

Giants 24th*

Bears 22nd

*has shown marked improvement since week 2

PPG scored

Rams 32nd

Bears 26th

Giants 11th*

Dolphins 19th

*first game of the season may have skewed that stat

LOL @ showdown. Dallas has beaten only beaten some of the worst teams in the NFL. The Giants may not be included on that list because they've come around defensively and Manning has taken a nice step forward this year. Ther rest of them are in the bottom third of the league in defense.

Good lord man... and you say that I'm sensitive. Dallas is 4-0 and steamrolling opponents just as N.E. is. If you haven't noticed, N.E.'s combined opponent records is similar to Dallas'. Most would agree that, as of right now, these two teams are playing the best football in their respective conferences. If both teams enter next week undefeated, it will be the biggest game of the football season and be ridiculously hyped as a SHOWDOWN! Dallas trying to reclaim it's prominence vs. THE BEST TEAM IN FOOTBALL. Perhaps the Best QB in football vs. a future star in Tony Romo sits to pee. T.O. vs Moss... the two "cancers" lighting up the league. The story lines would be endless.... It would be a showdown.. get real.

Patriots - 45

Cowboys - 6

Romo sits to pee throws two picks. Fans cover him by claiming that "the sun was in his eyes". Skins fans everywhere laugh hysterically for 20 minutes and have to lie down.

I'm not saying that we're on the same level as N.E. by any means but you don't think we would present any more of a challenge than that? Buffalo and NYJ scored more than six and held them to less than 45? You're entitled to your own opinion I guess.

I'm not saying that we're on the same level as N.E. by any means but you don't think we would present any more of a challenge than that? Buffalo and NYJ scored more than six and held them to less than 45? You're entitled to your own opinion I guess.

Nah, it'll probably be 30-21 or something like that. Cowboys will keep it close and the Pats will break away in the third quarter or so. Dallas will try to rally back, but it'll be too late by then.

Good lord man... and you say that I'm sensitive. Dallas is 4-0 and steamrolling opponents just as N.E. is. If you haven't noticed, N.E.'s combined opponent records is similar to Dallas'. Most would agree that, as of right now, these two teams are playing the best football in their respective conferences. If both teams enter next week undefeated, it will be the biggest game of the football season and be ridiculously hyped as a SHOWDOWN! Dallas trying to reclaim it's prominence vs. THE BEST TEAM IN FOOTBALL. Perhaps the Best QB in football vs. a future star in Tony Romo sits to pee. T.O. vs Moss... the two "cancers" lighting up the league. The story lines would be endless.... It would be a showdown.. get real.

NE is a proven winner. They can beat anybody in the league. Dallas has shown they can beat bad teams. There's a world of difference. If you weren't a puke fan you'd be able to make the distinction.

Nah, it'll probably be 30-21 or something like that. Cowboys will keep it close and the Pats will break away in the third quarter or so. Dallas will try to rally back, but it'll be too late by then.

I can respect that. Many things can happen between now and next weekend which could alter the perception of the matchup but N.E. should be expected to win as much as I love my team. They look like an absolute machine right now. I don't even see any weaknesses. It will be a fun game though because NOBODY will expect Dallas to win. Dallas will be riding high on confidence and will play with a David vs. Goliath mentality. We won't back down.

NE is a proven winner. They can beat anybody in the league. Dallas has shown they can beat bad teams. There's a world of difference. If you weren't a puke fan you'd be able to make the distinction.

Dude, N.E. is the better team and yes, they are a proven winner. What makes the game interesting is that Dallas is attempting to "rise up" or "change the guard" and do the impossible. Two (maybe) 5-0 teams.. Dallas vs. N.E... This will be a showdown. The fact that you're challenging this funny and quite telling.

I'll chime in and say that the last thing the Redskins want is for the packers to lose this weekend. If they come off a loss, then the Skins vs Packers game next week will a tough one for the Skins to win.... especially in Green Bay. Catching Green Bay undefeated could be a good thing for the Skins. They'll likely be a little over confident.

With all due respect, I don't see Chicago beating Green Bay anyway.

Dude, N.E. is the better team and yes, they are a proven winner. What makes the game interesting is that Dallas is attempting to "rise up" or "change the guard" and do the impossible. Two (maybe) 5-0 teams.. Dallas vs. N.E... This will be a showdown. The fact that you're challenging this funny and quite telling.

What's funny is your delusion of grandeur.

What's funny is your delusion of grandeur.

What... looking forward to my (hopefully) 5-0 team (#1 offense in yards and points-- red hot QB) going up against the best team in football at home playing in the biggest football game of the year praying and cheering for a huge upset? This is the type of game that fans let alone players dream of. Excuse me for being excited about this game and our season. :rolleyes:

What... looking forward to my (hopefully) 5-0 team (#1 offense in scoring and points-- red hot QB) going up against the best team in football at home playing in the biggest football game of the year praying and cheering for a huge upset? This is the type of game that fans let alone players dream of. Excuse me for being excited about this game and our season. :rolleyes:

The fact that you're labling it a "showdown" is hilarious. :laugh:

The fact that you're labling it a "showdown" is hilarious. :laugh:

O.k. armchair.. you're so transparent. Don't want the lowly Cowboys to even have a "showdown" matchup with N.E.. Don't want to consider it a big game. Just a blip on the radar huh? :no: Do me a favor and tally up the number of times you hear the term "shodown" in the media from Tuesday Morning to Sunday afternoon in reference to this matchup. :(

O.k. armchair.. you're so transparent. Don't want the lowly Cowboys to even have a "showdown" matchup with N.E.. Don't want to consider it a big game. Just a blip on the radar huh? :no: Do me a favor and tally up the number of times you hear the term "shodown" in the media from Tuesday Morning to Sunday afternoon in reference to this matchup. :(

I will start with #1 http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_526919.html

They wanna hype it up for ratings. Man, you sure are gullible. It's not really a showdown, but they have to pretend that Dallas poses a threat or people wont be as interested.

Here's a quick tip from me to you. Don't believe everything the media feeds you. Take that one and tuck it away somewhere safe.

They wanna hype it up for ratings. Man, you sure are gullible. It's not really a showdown, but they have to pretend that Dallas poses a threat or people wont be as interested.

Here's a quick tip from me to you. Don't believe everything the media feeds you. Take that one and tuck it away somewhere safe.

Hypothetical ...

Dallas does pull the upset.

Would you still call them a lucky team that played an easy schedule, or will you give them due ?

I don't mean bowing before "greatness" or that crap, but will you consider them a contender ?

Ohh.. I see it has nothing to do with both teams (likely) to be 5-0. A matchup of statistically the best two offenses and the highest rated QB's going up against each other probably shouldn't be considered a showdown right? Both teams are playing lights out. The media does not need to coax the football viewing audience for ratings. The ratings will be off the chart. No way around it. I think you're confusing me for stating that we're on N.E.'s level. This isn't what I'm saying. However if you look at N.E.'s schedule.. and look objectively at where they might stumble if at all. ... this has to be one of the maybe's ...

If Dallas beats NE, I don't see how any reasonable person can doubt their "realness."

Right now, I think you can doubt them to an extent, but only in the sense that they aren't "as good as it appears", which to me means they are still one of the better teams in the NFC. If they beat NE, to me, they become the team in the NFC to prove you're better than.

My prediction, honestly, is a Dallas loss, and it will be reflective of the fact that the NFC's best teams are still 3 or 4 spots beneath the AFC in the NFL, and not that dallas sucks.

well, of course, dallas sucks :silly: , but you know what I mean. :laugh:

Archived