Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TV on the fritz, wtf...really, wtf.

Metalhead

Ok. So I'm watching Game 2 of the Indians/Yanks series...when my Magnavox goes berzerk, losing picture and going completely scrambled (like Skin-a-max, etc.). I still have sound. HAHAHA, just now it turned off by itself as I'm typing.

So...I hit the power (yes, on/off) button on my universal remote to try and reset the tv maybe. What happens? I lose sound completely, get the picture back clear as day, but now have closed captioned on! It doesn't turn off! Ok, get up and push the button manually on the tv..and it goes back to the scrambled color with sound. Same damn thing, still doesn't turn off.

I now unplug the tv for a minute then plug it back in...still the same sheet going on!

But since I wanted to watch the game I said 'what the hell, why not', and hit power again to get the picture with captions and meanwhile begin typing this topic. But of course as said in the opening, the tv just shut off now by itself after several minutes.

Anyone with any ideas as wtf is going on? Besides getting a new tv?

Ok. So I'm watching Game 2 of the Indians/Yanks series...when my Magnavox goes berzerk, losing picture and going completely scrambled (like Skin-a-max, etc.). I still have sound. HAHAHA, just now it turned off by itself as I'm typing.

So...I hit the power (yes, on/off) button on my universal remote to try and reset the tv maybe. What happens? I lose sound completely, get the picture back clear as day, but now have closed captioned on! It doesn't turn off! Ok, get up and push the button manually on the tv..and it goes back to the scrambled color with sound. Same damn thing, still doesn't turn off.

I now unplug the tv for a minute then plug it back in...still the same sheet going on!

But since I wanted to watch the game I said 'what the hell, why not', and hit power again to get the picture with captions and meanwhile begin typing this topic. But of course as said in the opening, the tv just shut off now by itself after several minutes.

Anyone with any ideas as wtf is going on? Besides getting a new tv?

Sounds like you need to call a Priest

Unplug it...if it stays on runaway :2cents:

rod%20serling%20twilight%20zone.jpg

"There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We can reduce the focus to a soft blur, or sharpen it to crystal clarity. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to THE OUTER LIMITS".

outer-limits-screen-capture.jpg

Archived