Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Is James Thrash Even In the Game? To Make Us Thrash-Trashers Look Clueless!

UltimateSkins

I have seen Thrash make plays that never were posted as GREAT; however' date=' they were great..............................

He is a REDSKIN and he earned his respect............TODAY............:point2sky

There is no "I" in TEAM..............there is no "I" in Thrash................[/quote']

preach on brother! spoken for truth -- its about time Thrash got some props :cheers:

Seriously, you could put a linebacker on him and nobody would notice the difference. James Thrash in the game = Redskins are going to run. Especially when he's the only WR. Thrash isn't capable of getting open for a pass and I'm pretty sure other teams just ignore him when he lines up and tell everyone to stack the box. I know he's a "hard worker", but it seems as though he's really lost a step since his first time here and his days in Philly.

warm_cup_STFU.jpg

I will never speak ill of Thrash again, I promise.

Though I still don't think he has much to offer on offense over guys like Caldwell/McCardell, his purpose on ST is proven once again.

WOW.. you going to bash him on offense against the two guys who have about 3 weeks and 1 week total time working with the team? Seriously?

I mean do we know anything about football here?

Thrash is on the game day roster week in and week out for his special teams play, not because he is viewed as a better receiving option over the likes of Caldwell/McCardell. But he is a better blocking option for simply knowing the offense better.

And to his defense, he caught every ball thrown his way today. Just cause two of them were throw out of bounds, a=unlike Llyod, he still went after the ball, caught it, trying to make something out of the play. This is why the man is on the game day roster.

Do I think McCardell supplants him as the #3 WR option? Most likely. For a WR with less then a week with the team, he played very well and very clutch and overall is a better WR option then Thrash. But we will still see Thrash and he will still do what he always does, make the play when his number is called.

Thrash continues to prove his worth every game , yet many don't see it because it's all the little things he does that contribute.

For the doubters go back to the very first time Portis touched the ball in the regular season against the Buc's, a 65 yard TD play where (you guessed it) James Thrash gets a killer block on his man and seals the lane for Portis.

With ARE hurt we see Thrash get a great runback yesterday because he's running into the lanes instead of dancing around looking to make someone miss.

All the wide outs on a Gibbs team have to be good blockers and most of them are.

Thrash has his role and fills it well.

Archived