Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Is James Thrash Even In the Game? To Make Us Thrash-Trashers Look Clueless!

UltimateSkins

:doh:

Even some of the negative posts have alluded to his ST work.

Does everyone against JT realize that there are three teams - O, D and ST.

What a poor thread topic and title!

If you want to be GM, list the person (either on-the-street, on our roster or you would trade for) who could do what he does.

Don't rail against the darkness, light a candle. Other than that, it is just hot air.

:helmet: The Rook

Thrash serves no purpose IMO. Never heard about him doing anything to rally the locker room, he is slow, can't get open on pass plays, and the only thing he has going for him is he works hard on special teams and can block- which is useless because we have about 10 other people that are better than him on special teams, and whenever he enters the game the other team knows we are running and his blocking ability is useless.

Then you don't understand the situation and I don't have the patience or years to explain it to you

Some of you younger guys seem to hate on Thrash and wonder why he's in the game, and I'm wondering why he isn't in there more.. He only gets about 10 chances a year to catch a ball, but he catches everything thrown at him, then he sinks back into the darkness to do his ST work, without ****ing or complaining.

Forget the fact that Thrash is the consumate team player, consistantly asked to sacrifice his body to a crackback block on a linebacker or defensive end or on punt coverage against two gunners.

Coach likes to reward players who work hard and treat their teamates with respect over players who have more physical skills and neglect their teamates.

Also, the reason Thrash doesnt have more numbers is that he is just about the last option on passing plays and Campbell rarely has the patience or vision at this point in his career to get that deep in his progressions during the play.

Perhaps someone else will step up into the #3 WR role who can brings more skills to the table than Thrash and can combine that with the work necessary on the practice field and in the meeting room. For now though Gibbs says, "You want to play? Follow James' lead or all the skill in the world wont get you on the field on Sunday."

I believe that Thrash is a grounding influence on Santana Moss. Its just too bad some of his heart and desire couldnt have rubbed off on Brandon Lloyd.

Paging Reche Caldwell...strive to represent James Thrash's professionalism, heart and commitment and he will gladly give up his spot for you. Till then, all you fantasy fans will have to live with Thrash's pedestrian production because he's the best option we have right now.

Think Brandon Lloyd's any better? Prove it...

I completely agree. I don't think he is good AT ALL. He works hard. GREAT. HE SUCKS! I cringe whenever he is in the game. seriously Id rather see lloyd.

Why? What about Brandon Lloyd's production as a Redskin suggests to you that he should get the nod over Thrash?

While Thrash is a marginal #3 wideout who contributes in the running game and on special teams...

Brandon Lloyd is simply a marginal #3 WR who has lost the trust of his teamates and coaches.

Seriously, you could put a linebacker on him and nobody would notice the difference. James Thrash in the game = Redskins are going to run. Especially when he's the only WR. Thrash isn't capable of getting open for a pass and I'm pretty sure other teams just ignore him when he lines up and tell everyone to stack the box. I know he's a "hard worker", but it seems as though he's really lost a step since his first time here and his days in Philly.

that formation is the worst and we are in it way too often. i cant believe he plays over b. lloyd. lloyd is a proven play maker.

Not a bad point but I don't think that should fall on James' shoulders. He's a "core Redskin."

True, that should fall directly on the shoulders of the coaches. A 1 WR set with Thrash? Hmm...I wonder what they are going to do. Maybe we should stack the box. I don't think any NFL coaches would actually be faked out by that. I don't even think any NFL GMs would be faked out by that.

Well, besides Matt Millen. He would be scratching his head.

Thrash severs several purposes , mainly on ST .. guys hating on him are just blah . wasted spot that could be spent on a WR ? ... well WHAT WR is out there? ... we went and signed everyone we could ....we need to draft a big WR no doubt but thrash does little things and just because he doesn't earn fantasy points people bash him ...

Why? What about Brandon Lloyd's production as a Redskin suggests to you that he should get the nod over Thrash?

While Thrash is a marginal #3 wideout who contributes in the running game and on special teams...

Brandon Lloyd is simply a marginal #3 WR who has lost the trust of his teamates and coaches.

you can say coaches have lost trust, but you are absolutely wrong about the players though. they always say how he will have a breakout game once he is given the chance.

you can say coaches have lost trust, but you are absolutely wrong about the players though. they always say how he will have a breakout game once he is given the chance.

yea? who says that ? I saw where Portis semi-supported him but basicly said he needs to work harder to get his chance .... I don't really see where a young QB needing help and is working out with his WR corp doing extra work but missing one WR ..one WR who cries about getting a shot , a WR who beefed up in the offseason but won't work with his QB for a shot to play when the #1 WR prolly won't play? ... that tells me he only beefed up to get more of a "look" for his music career or something because he seriously lacks the work ethic to be a WR in the NFL ..i don't see where that team will support someone like that ...

*edit* BL kinda reminds me of Darnarien Mccants ( sp?) everyone thought he would be good given the chance blah blah , then he got let go , Eagles signed him and Mcnabb couldn't make him better , now where is he? I saw him in the CFL or NFL europe or something and he still wasn't good

I repeat:

WHAT about Brandon Lloyd's production as a Redskin tells you that he is a better option at this point than James Thrash?

For who, the Niners? He doesnt play for them anymore.

he hasnt had the chance here. last year he played most of the year with a qb who only saw 1/2 the field. then we had a first time starter at the helm who didnt have any reps with him in practice. they need to give him a chance to play. not for me or any other fan on this board but for the people that made a huge investment in him.

he hasnt had the chance here. last year he played most of the year with a qb who only saw 1/2 the field. then we had a first time starter at the helm who didnt have any reps with him in practice. they need to give him a chance to play. not for me or any other fan on this board but for the people that made a huge investment in him.

Brandon Lloyd hasnt had any chances?

He was the #2 most of last season, even getting the opportunity to step up and be the man when Santana was out.

You really think that, with all the money that was thrown his way, the coaches havent given him every chance he deserves and then some? Gibbs constantly talks about having to get Lloyd more involved.

The guy is physically gifted, no doubt about that. As we've seen so often in the NFL though, after you get out of the Preseason and the rosters are set, playing on Sundays is rarely about your physical talents.

How can you be so loyal to a player who has pissed on every opportunity the Redskins have given him? I dont understand.

James Thrash has given up his body and ego time after time for the the Redskins and some people want Brandon Lloyd over him? What has Brandon Lloyd EVER done for the Redskins or us the fans?

I love James Thrash because he shows the same commitment to the Redskins that I do. Brandon Lloyd is a wannabe rapper who thinks he can skate his way through the NFL. He doesnt care about the Redskins...if he did it would show in his commitment and heart. He has neither.

...but, but, but -- he is so great on special teams. Without Thrash or Cartwright on ST, we would give up returns every punt and kickoff.

Seriously, when Thrash comes in the game, be ready for a run. He is a great blocker, or maybe it just always looks like he is blocking because he couldn't get separation from my Grandma...

...but, but, but -- he is so great on special teams. Without Thrash or Cartwright on ST, we would give up returns every punt and kickoff.

Seriously, when Thrash comes in the game, be ready for a run. He is a great blocker, or maybe it just always looks like he is blocking because he couldn't get separation from my Grandma...

does your grandma play d-line too?

It pains me to see people cheering for a sport that they know nothing about, kinda like the guy who started this thread.

James Thrash is a football player. He doesn't run his mouth, he practices and is never hurt. He does whatever is asked of him. James Thrash catches everything thrown his way and always gets the first down. James Thrash means as much to the Redskins as Rock does. Football players create chemistry which creates winning teams. When you see a guy go out there and play as hard as Thrash does, knowing damn well he doesn't make millions a year, it teaches the kids how to play the game the right way.

James Thrash will not win you a fantasy fball title, but he will keep the ball moving down the field. He's not a star, but he's the kind of player all teams would love to have.

Remember this the next time you bash Thrash.

How can you hate on Thrash???

HOW?

He comes in.. does his job, stays late, studies, and doesn't complain. Hit is a true Redskins b'c he's always put the team before his own best interest!

People that hate on Thrash are the reason why out FO picks up idiots like Lloyd and other high priced "commidites."

If I could, I"d take an entire team of kids that have half the heart of Thrash.

I think the truth of the matter is that Brandon will indeed get more looks vs. "Daytwah" this sunday. Starting Thrash could be a way of rewarding him and sending a message to Lloyd that he may get passed up on the depth chart again if he doesn't produce soon. Those of us who support Thrash in this thread aren't trying to say we DON'T WANT Brandon to do well. We are simply saying that at this stage, we'll go with who we KNOW will catch the football until Lloyd proves his worth.

Those of us who support Thrash in this thread aren't trying to say we DON'T WANT Brandon to do well. We are simply saying that at this stage, we'll go with who we KNOW will catch the football until Lloyd proves his worth.

*DING* *DING* *DING*

WINNER!

I want everyone wearing burgundy and gold to do well, because it will help the team. I also want the ignoranti to recognize that James Thrash is one of the biggest unsung heroes in a Redskins uniform.

How can you hate on Thrash???

HOW?

He comes in.. does his job, stays late, studies, and doesn't complain. Hit is a true Redskins b'c he's always put the team before his own best interest!

People that hate on Thrash are the reason why out FO picks up idiots like Lloyd and other high priced "commidites."

If I could, I"d take an entire team of kids that have half the heart of Thrash.

You can have all the heart in the world and do everything right, but you have to produce on the field. Thrash has 0 catches this year. It's not hating.

Oh, how easily they forget... :doh:

James Thrash will make you doubters eat your words at some point this season. I swear you guys seem to need BIG plays every week from bench players to keep you loyal. Sad, actually. The guy has done nothing but keep his mouth shut and work hard while other WRs (cough-Lloyd-cough) get dropped in front of him. When those guys don't pay off, James comes through in the clutch to return a big kickoff or catch a game-winner. He's one of the single-best special teams players we've ever had. He returns well, he tackles very well, and he's blocked a punt or two in his time. All for pennies on the dollar.

Go ahead and dump on JT. I'm waiting for him to be "needed" again. It could very well be this sunday.

Bumped for TRUTH!!!! :point2sky

Don't EVER.....

Archived