Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Is James Thrash Even In the Game? To Make Us Thrash-Trashers Look Clueless!

UltimateSkins

I would hope our coaching staff knew what players were important to the team. I may not understand how they determine this, however they have many years of experience evaluating players.

The only player I really wonder about is Brunell. I guess in a pinch he is better than ARE at the position, though ARE can at least run like the wind. /shrugs

Seriously, you could put a linebacker on him and nobody would notice the difference. James Thrash in the game = Redskins are going to run. Especially when he's the only WR. Thrash isn't capable of getting open for a pass and I'm pretty sure other teams just ignore him when he lines up and tell everyone to stack the box. I know he's a "hard worker", but it seems as though he's really lost a step since his first time here and his days in Philly.

Thrash's being in the game just tells you everything you need to know about the alternatives behind him.

dont forget the Oline! they are slow and cant catch also, we should have Lloyd snap the ball to campbell and have 8 WR/TE's on the line of scrimmage. Then we could have betts and portis both in the Backfield (who needs sellers? he's slow and his blocking is useless) we would be unstoppable, we would have an overall rating of at least 95 on Madden!!!!!

Sorry to be an *** this board is killing me lately. Question, who would you rather have as a backup, a hard working vet, or a bad attitude slouch who has some potential?

P.S. I know Thrash isn't the best but i do recall him being in the game a lot in the 05 season, his blocking didn't hurt us then and i do recall a couple of decent catches.

James Thrash always makes a few clutch catches each year. All of which, in my opinion deserve his spot on the roster (plus special teams work). The guy, in my opinion, is under-rated.
:applause: :applause: :applause: Thrash has more heart than most of the players on our team combined. He is awesome, always come through in the clutch, and never, ever ****es about anything. He knows his role and is happy to play it.

Get of Thrash's back - he does what's asked of him & is underrated because of it. Those of you who don't like Thrash would have probably not liked Art Monk either & demanded he be traded or not in the game.

Comparing Trash to Art Monk? Are you serious?

Look thrash is fine for special teams but at this point in his carear he serves no purpose being on our offense. none, zippy.

He is not fast, he is not tall, he is not wide, and he does not have great hands.

What clutch third down catches has he made this year?

I dont see why people are defending the move to start James Trash. I like the guy, he is a great person and team guy, but he is not a starting caliber WR in the NFL not even close.

When the team we are playing is lineing up Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson, James Furrey, and Shaun McDonald at WR.

You have to wonder why/how we get stuck with lineing up James Trash.

Oh, how easily they forget... :doh:

James Thrash will make you doubters eat your words at some point this season. I swear you guys seem to need BIG plays every week from bench players to keep you loyal. Sad, actually. The guy has done nothing but keep his mouth shut and work hard while other WRs (cough-Lloyd-cough) get dropped in front of him. When those guys don't pay off, James comes through in the clutch to return a big kickoff or catch a game-winner. He's one of the single-best special teams players we've ever had. He returns well, he tackles very well, and he's blocked a punt or two in his time. All for pennies on the dollar.

Go ahead and dump on JT. I'm waiting for him to be "needed" again. It could very well be this sunday.

Oh, how easily they forget... :doh:

James Thrash will make you doubters eat your words at some point this season. I swear you guys seem to need BIG plays every week from bench players to keep you loyal. Sad, actually. The guy has done nothing but keep his mouth shut and work hard while other WRs (cough-Lloyd-cough) get dropped in front of him.

:applause: :applause: Thank you. I'm reading these "Thrash should be cut" posts, and I'm thinking... these guys must be crazy.

What has he done wrong? I'd like to know.

He's not a Moss or ARE, he's not supposed to be, thats not his role. :doh:

Get of Thrash's back - he does what's asked of him & is underrated because of it. Those of you who don't like Thrash would have probably not liked Art Monk either & demanded he be traded or not in the game.

Are you serious? NO REALLY? Are you SERIOUS?!

Will you complain when Thrash doesn't make the HOF? I like Thrash as much as the next guy but I'm not in a rush to make him our number 1 receiver. Or Z receiver, whatever you want to call it.

Look there is a fundamental difference in the debate here.

People like me who are "agaisnt" thrash, are not (for the most part) agaisnt him being on the team, being a 4th wr, being a special team guys and being a team leader.

We are agaisnt him being a starting WR. He simply does not have the skill set to do so. Even in his "prime" he was not a very good starting WR and we are now many years later.

If you support thrash, tell me what he has done recently that would indicate that he could start on an NFL, let alone an NFL that is looking to win games and improve on offense?

People like me who are "agaisnt" thrash, are not (for the most part) agaisnt him being on the team, being a 4th wr, being a special team guys and being a team leader.

We are agaisnt him being a starting WR. He simply does not have the skill set to do so. Even in his "prime" he was not a very good starting WR and we are now many years later.

If you support thrash, tell me what he has done recently that would indicate that he could start on an NFL, let alone an NFL that is looking to win games and improve on offense?

I agree with some of your points, but look at the title of this thread "Why is James Thrash even in the Game?"

Thats what I responded to.

Theres another thread talking about James being a #1 WR vs #4, or whatever. Do I think he is a #1? No. BUT, should he be in the game, YES.

Now you're talkin'. He won't be much good as a decoy #1 WR. Teams will know we can't throw at him the way we do Moss.

I agree with some of your points, but look at the title of this thread "Why is James Thrash even in the Game?"

Thats what I responded to.

Theres another thread talking about James being a #1 WR vs #4, or whatever. Do I think he is a #1? No. BUT, should he be in the game, YES.

Going just off the title you would be correct, but if you read the OP you will see it is all about beinga WR.

exactly.. a handful of 3rd down conversions a year isn't a #1 receiver

anyone have that quote handy that gibbs said about thrash.. to paraphrase, thrash would be the reason gibbs would get fired because gibbs would never want to cut him

Sorry, but I disagee. Thrash was open a couple of times against the G-Men. JC doesn't even look his way. It's hard to put up any numbers if you don't even get the ball thrown your way. We need to show our support for someone who works hard every day of his life to help make this team successful. This thread is totally unnecessary.

Archived