Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DeAngelo Hall?

method man

D. Hall is the most overrated cb in the league, I have no idea what could of gotten him this so called reputation...is it his big mouth? the guy may get int's and td's off of them but he repeatedly gives up 100 yard games to recievers...thats no shut down corner

D. Hall is a #2 CB, no better - he's going to want #1 money wherever he goes, and the production you'll get for that isn't worth the price.

That said, he is NOT a thug. Off the field, he's a fine citizen. He's just bad in the locker room and not a good team guy (but then, Randy Moss and TO were bad on this too until they went to winning teams). That doesn't make you a "thug," just a poor teammate.

And as for the sequence last week, let's run through this again: Hall has 1) a smart pass interference penalty - he was beat on the play, if he doesn't do that, Smith is going to the house, 2) on the next play, he chucks Smith at the line - a LEGAL MOVE that is only considered unsportsmanlike because Smith throws his hands up and whines like a baby, and 3) then gets flagged for arguing with the refs about that same chip move, in which he uses the word "Bull****."

A good head coach would have spent more time getting on the refs for making a bad call on (2) in the first place, rather than giving this player one of the largest fines in team history. You can still punish him, but on 2 out of those 3 plays, Hall did what you would want a player to do.

The Atlanta D has major problems. The Panthers held the ball for almost 11 minutes on ONE drive in the second half to salt away the game. When that happens, it's unlikely you're going to win. They barely beat a Texans team that was out 5 starters on offense. Hall wasn't the only culprit here, and Petrino is making him a scapegoat because that's easier.

I predict that ultimately DeAngelo Hall will last longer in the NFL than Bobby Petrino. That still doesn't mean the Redskins should overpay him to come here when he's not the #1 CB we need.

BD

Ugh... Hell no to MeAngleo Hall... He has a growing rap sheet, locker room problems, etc. No he isn't a beast either... Can we make it a week without a "We should sign XXXX XXXX for the fantasy league minimum price plus incentives" thread. We were burned by fantasy football moves before. Good teams build through the draft and supplement their roster with free agents.

Hall is overrated and moody. If we are going for a big name CB how bout Asante Samuel? He is a franchise player this year and wasnt too pleased about it. Above all, how bout some pass rush? If we dont get a good DE in the draft, instead of hall, lets go for Julius Peppers. He is a free agent after the season I do believe.

First priority this offseason HAS to be D-line, second O-line, third WR...Griffin isn't immortal, and Daniels isn't cutting it. Jansen may as well be done, and well, we've beaten the WR problem to death haven't we? I think we need a CB too, but we have other needs which will be much more pressing.

watching the giants game last night made me sick. i started thinking back to when our coaching staff said they wanted to load talent in our secondary so the d-line will have more time to get pressure and sacks. that is the most idiotic statement i have ever heard and i would like to think they were just trying to make light of the fact they didnt get any d-linemen this offseason. the giants have 4 de's that are serious pass rushers. i have never seen McNabb under that much pressure. i almost felt bad for him. a good pass rush will always make a mediocre defensive backfield look better than they are. it isn't the other way around. what i would do just to have kiwanuka and tuck. never mind strahan and osi. so my point to this thread is no we dont need hall, we need a PASS RUSH.

Archived