Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DeAngelo Hall?

method man

I know this my second "acquire a prospective a certain CB thread" today but this could possibly be a more immediate thing, especially if Smoot continues to have problems with that hammy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Au2FbyFMV6G55f_Jy6vqwlZDubYF?slug=jc-halltraderequest093007&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

You've gotta remember that blowup is bringing Mr. Hall's trade value down and his problem is that he hasn't had help in the Atlanta secondary. Here in Washington he gets excellent safety help and has a decent no. 2 corner next to him in Rogers. Furthermore, the man would be coming home so that is a big plus for him.

Hall is also on his rookie deal and Atlanta would eat up his SB. He is due for an extension soon but, in the immediate future, his cap hit won't be too great.

I'd offer Springs and a pick in the offseason if we can't get him in the regular season.

I do agree that Hall has underachieved thus far in his young career, but every corner does have a bad day. Remember how Amani used to abuse Champ?

While this is true, it doesn't change the fact that Hall is still one of the most overrated corners in the league. It also doesn't help that he strikes me as a Lloyd-esque character who repeatedly fails to live up to his potential.

I agree we need CB help , but honestly , Green didn't really abuse* them that bad , he dinked and dunked on them .... We NEED d-line and a pass rush first IMO , a nice d-line makes the entire secondary better , just look at the Giants tonight

While this is true, it doesn't change the fact that Hall is still one of the most overrated corners in the league. It also doesn't help that he strikes me as a Lloyd-esque character who repeatedly fails to live up to his potential.

Lloyd and Hall are different. Hall is a Pro Bowler who blew up because he is sick of losign and Lloyd is a rapper wannabe who has given up.

Seeing him while he was in college, the guy is horrible for team chemistry

He is a good guy off the field, talkative, social, etc

But in the locker room he is horrible. He was part of the chemistry problems the VT 2003 team had, and suddenly the VT D played 100 times better the year after he left

If he ever matures and can watch his mouth, yea. But for now, no

I agree we need CB help , but honestly , Green didn't really abuse* them that bad , he dinked and dunked on them .... We NEED d-line and a pass rush first IMO , a nice d-line makes the entire secondary better , just look at the Giants tonight

And I think we should get that DL through the draft because good DL are not available in FA. I'm up for drafting Sedrick Ellis, Dre Moore, Tyson Jackson, Chris Long, or Lawrence Jackson in the first round and the next small-school star/NFL monster Kendall Langford in the 3rd next year.

Lloyd and Hall are different. Hall is a Pro Bowler who blew up because he is sick of losign and Lloyd is a rapper wannabe who has given up.

Lloyd had a great year with Tim Rattay under center before we got him. No matter what you say, Hall gets abused on a regular basis by quite a few #1 WRs. Considering that we face TO and Burress twice a year each I would fully expect Hall to look like a scrub for a quarter of the season at best.

Lloyd had a great year with Tim Rattay under center before we got him. No matter what you say, Hall gets abused on a regular basis by quite a few #1 WRs. Considering that we face TO and Burress twice a year each I would fully expect Hall to look like a scrub for a quarter of the season at best.

eppp this is true , did you guys see what Ocho-Cinco did to him? oh my goodness

oh and I love VT , but whoever said something about him being a problem at VT , was right , he was ... a great player but a bad attitude

He does shutdown speedy guys like Steve Smith, however, guys who Rogers struggles with because he lacks recovery speed. So, Hall complements Rogers really well. If Hall does struggle against the physical guys like TO, Rogers can take them.

we need D-line first

YES ! and d-line would make our secondary so much better .... bringing in D. Hall would just continue the Snyder tradition of bringing in big names that don't add up to jack .... I PASS PASS PASS ><

*edit* i put 2 s's for the 2 d's in add ... woops

He does shutdown speedy guys like Steve Smith, however, guys who Rogers struggles with because he lacks recovery speed. So, Hall complements Rogers really well. If Hall does struggle against the physical guys like TO, Rogers can take them.

Shutdown Steve Smith... how much help do you think he was getting for that one? The simple fact of the matter is that every time I watch him play he seems to struggle in man-to-man, one-on-one matchups.

Archived