Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DeAngelo Hall?

method man

BUt if not i'd much rather just get a young complete CB in the draft. We should go after the D-Line with our first pick and then Cb with our second, then WR with our 3rd... unless they will take a 6th rounder and springs for him then NO, we need to draft because players coming out of college have more potential then a proven-bust-wanna be born again winner.

Hall was supposed to be a shutdown corner that never came to be. I just dont think he would do any better with us, I mean haven't any of you learned from the past? I only want to sign PROVEN low-name vets like Fletcher from Free Agency from now on.

we need to save our draft picks for the up-and coming new great players from college

i cant think of a more overrated corner in the nfl. not too mention a thug. I would hope we wouldnt pick up this punk.

The last thing the guy is, is a "thug"

I hate that word

The guy is actually a respectable dude off the field

In the locker room he has the ability to destroy a team

On the field he has the ability to come up with some bonehead penalty

He spends too much time thinking about trash talking rather then just playing. If he just played he would be pretty damn good, considering his speed and tackling ability

So Hines Ward worked him last year, and TO had his way with him.

TO also has had his way with Champ Bailey.

DH shuts down receivers. He shutdown Chad Johnson last year, Chads TD was against Webster on the left. He shut down Steve Smith like Steve has only been shutdown by Terence Newman.

bring him in, the kid is a monster.

So Hines Ward worked him last year' date=' and TO had his way with him.

TO also has had his way with Champ Bailey.

DH shuts down receivers. He shutdown Chad Johnson last year, Chads TD was against Webster on the left. He shut down Steve Smith like Steve has only been shutdown by Terence Newman.

bring him in, the kid is a monster.[/quote']

Its not his talent or ability that worries me, its the fact that his head isn't quite in the right place when he is between the lines

He is more worried about showing up another WR then playing football. And this has cost him since he was in college

Lloyd and Hall are different. Hall is a Pro Bowler who blew up because he is sick of losign and Lloyd is a rapper wannabe who has given up.

Can't put too much into somebody being a pro bowler..it is a popularity contest after all. I think he's wayyy overrated, a good CB but not great one

Right now the fastest person on our defense is Laron Landry who is playing in the box what seems like the majority of the plays. Deangelo Hall can be put on an island and you won't have to worry about him the rest of the game. Like every CB not named Champ Bailey he gets beat deep on occasion, but his catch up speed and tackling ability is extraordinary. He is quite possibly the 2nd best CB when it comes to recognizing and jumping routes when he knows he has safety help over the top.

And lastly, his knowledge of the game is tremendous. He studies WRs moves on tapes all day. He knows how WRs release, how they play the play action, what it means when a guy leads with his left foot, cuts to the right and all of the above that I can't begin to comprehend.

As for the attitude stuff, nothing I can really say matters. Although, TO is a cancer who could never work in a locker room...one season after leading the NFL in TDs for a wide receiver and look at him...

A healthy, shut down corner could do wonders for our defense...look at Shawn Springs in 2005.

This thread has taken so many dumb turns, not surprisingly from posters under the age of 25 (except for that last embarrassing "Carlos is trash" post).

SHF has summed it up for you all and yet people don't get it still. Hall is NOT the kind of personality we want in our locker room, and he's not good enough on the field to even begin to warrent the kind of distraction he brings. Newsflash for some people: Carlos Rogers is actually outplaying Hall so far this year.

We need better pass rush, notably from the DE spot, not an ego driven corner like Hall.

We do not need an overrated cornerback and a team cancer. Charlie Casserly said that he did not draft him when he was with the Texans because of attitude issues. It was evident back then and it certainly is now.

JUST SAY NO.................to DeAngelo Hall

I love how one person says he is a locker room cancer and most everyone else goes along with it. I have absolutely no idea what he has done to get this reputation. Please some enlighten me. I am not bashing I seriously don't know.

As far as if he is just ****y then so what, he is a CB and some of the best have been trash talkers. Smoot anyone? If he was reasonably price (He won't be) then I say yes. But our focus this year needs to be Pass rush, possession receiver, and backup QB, third CB, and OL youth. In that order. A good Pass rush will allow us to field a starting tandem of smoot and Rodgers.

If we get an elite DE on the other side of Carter, you will see a much better secondary. I like Daniels, but he just doesn't get sacks any more. Batted down passes are great, sacks are better.

Just remember this... Champ Bailey can't keep any WR in the league on lockdown if they get enough time.

First, I think Hall just showed what he is like on the field as far as attitude and discipline, he would NOT be a positive addition. We need to address CB but not this way.

Next, I still believe we need to add more quality depth to the DL instead of someone looking for a big payday.

Last but most important, we should not be trading away draft picks! PERIOD!

First, I think Hall just showed what he is like on the field as far as attitude and discipline, he would NOT be a positive addition. We need to address CB but not this way.

Next, I still believe we need to add more quality depth to the DL instead of someone looking for a big payday.

Last but most important, we should not be trading away draft picks! PERIOD!

Too bad the young folk in here don't realize this. He IS a locker room cancer. 62 yards worth of penalties on one drive assigned to you? You're not a team player. I don't buy this "we're losing" and stuff. If that were the case how come 53 players have that problem?

I know this my second "acquire a prospective a certain CB thread" today but this could possibly be a more immediate thing, especially if Smoot continues to have problems with that hammy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Au2FbyFMV6G55f_Jy6vqwlZDubYF?slug=jc-halltraderequest093007&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

You've gotta remember that blowup is bringing Mr. Hall's trade value down and his problem is that he hasn't had help in the Atlanta secondary. Here in Washington he gets excellent safety help and has a decent no. 2 corner next to him in Rogers. Furthermore, the man would be coming home so that is a big plus for him.

Hall is also on his rookie deal and Atlanta would eat up his SB. He is due for an extension soon but, in the immediate future, his cap hit won't be too great.

I'd offer Springs and a pick in the offseason if we can't get him in the regular season.

D Hall cares about one thing and one thing only....D Hall. I see the Falcons games ( at least for this year because they were already sold out before the Vick fiasco)_ and D Hall is in my opinion, very overated. He was torched by Ward, torched by Chad Johnson, torched by TO, and runs his mouth 500 times more than Smoot used to. "I have more money than you...I've made more pro Bowls" That was his quote to Steve Smith that has stirred all this up. Do you really want someone on your team that puts himself before the 52 others (he cost them the Carolina game with his idiocy) and cares whether or not he makes the pro bowl.

Archived