Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wildcard Battle??!

jayneal7

I know it's a little early (ok...a LOT early), but as of this week, Washington and Detroit are in the early inside track for the NFC wildcard.

On top of just plain needing to wash off the mud from the Giants choke, this game is HUGE for early positioning for WC.

The way Detroit likes to duck and chuck, I fully expect the Skins to focus on ground and pound with Portis and Betts.

I'm predicting an "old-school" playground fistfight from the Skins and a 24-13 win. :2cents:

Hail.

We need to get pressure pressure pressure. If you remember the Greatest Show on Turf v1.0, the Saints had their number because they had a great front four that got pressure on the QB. Now, Jon Kitna isn't Kurt Warner of old, but they do put up points. Unfortunately, I don't think our front four can get pressure on Kitna by themselves, so we'll have to blitz, which means our corners have to play incredible. Our offense will have to score a bunch of points either. If we pull this out we will definitely be going to the playoffs.

The Bears defense now and the Skins defense now is not even comparable. The Bears just suck. I will say this, the Skins just need to play their game on offense but with a killer instinct and the defense needs to get off the field on third downs this game and I see the Skins with the W.

Its unrealistic to expect the Skins erratic defense to hold the Lions to less than 24 points unless miracle of miracles they put pressure on Kitna who has been sacked 15 times in the last two games and convert defensive turnovers into points. If the Skins sit bak in Cover 2 and paly the Williams Prevent with only 4 lineman rushing ... Kitna will pick the Skins secondary apart. Campbell then will have to play catch-up and this will make him vulnerable to rookie mistakes. I will be pleasantly shocked if somehow the Skins pull this game out. Lions 27-17.

Ball control, ball control, ball control. Eagles win because they don't turn it over to the Lions. Chicago loses because they do turn it over. Minnesota and Oakland both controlled the Lions fairly well...but they also turned the ball over. You can't give Detroit an opportunity.

Let's hope the bye week has helped Wade and Fabini (maybe DeMulling?) get it together for the run game. Lions could be up for one of their off games. They don't play so well in the east.

Archived