Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nnamdi Asomugha

method man

I've heard he'll want Nate Clements money. He has been playing sensational the past two seasons. But I don't think he'll end up being a FA. Either franchise, or just resign. Maybe not resign, cus he's good enough to help a great team win.

If Samuel going to be a FA next year? I know he was franchised, but did his new deal stipulate that they can't franchise him again next year?

Asomugha is actually an extremely good and underrated CB. Raider games don't get a lot of national attention so we don't get to see how good it is. There are whispers around the league that he is the guy that is behind Champ Bailey in terms of the best corner in the NFL.

He deserves top dollar and I think it would be a wise move for us to sign him. Great corners don't grow on trees or come around often. Free agents CB's tend do just fine when playing for new teams so I don't think JG/Snyder/GW would pass on him if we do have a chance to sign him.

]']I've heard he'll want Nate Clements money. He has been playing sensational the past two seasons. But I don't think he'll end up being a FA. Either franchise' date=' or just resign. Maybe not resign, cus he's good enough to help a great team win.

If Samuel going to be a FA next year? I know he was franchised, but did his new deal stipulate that they can't franchise him again next year?[/quote']

I think he got an agreement similar to the one Lance Briggs got from the Bears.

I have a feeling this guy is going to be Shawn's replacement in FA. He is big, has excellent athleticism, and is an underrated player. I believe he was a Pro Bowl alternate last year. He has all the tools to be a Gregg Williams corner and will not cost as much as Samuel.

Nnamdi Asomugha? Never heard of him. Hopefully, they will be looking to replace Rogers, instead of Springs.

They're going to keep him. He's on their apparent no trade list.

Guys like young LBs Kirk Morrison and Thomas Howard, DE Derrick Burgess and CB Namdi Asogogua are off limits but as the team explained, they're willing to listen to offers for the rest. Among the trade bait are the team's No. 1 pick from last year Michael Huff and the previous year's No. 1 CB Fabien Washington.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7282072

Guys like young LBs Kirk Morrison and Thomas Howard, DE Derrick Burgess and CB Namdi Asogogua are off limits but as the team explained, they're willing to listen to offers for the rest. Among the trade bait are the team's No. 1 pick from last year Michael Huff and the previous year's No. 1 CB Fabien Washington.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7282072

I would closely watch that situation unfold next year in the offseason. I know for sure it's going to be a messy fight. The Raiders, all of a sudden, have gotten stingy and are not going to pay Asomugha the money he seeks. Asomugha will get franchised and, at that point, I'd offer Springs (fits the Raiders mold of old veteran player) and a 2nd round pick. We, however, need to keep that no. 1 pick to get ourselves that gamechanging DL that we so desperately need.

It's pretty early in the season to start talking about free agency. But Asomugha would be a huge acquisition, both in talent and contract. However, other posts are correct. Odds are Oakland will franchise him or shop his rights to a team that'll take him to the bank.

Chicago will have its hands full with resigning Briggs, Tillman and Vasher. So there's a good chance one of them will hit the market. As we've learned in years past, you can't buy a winning team. Let's hope the Skins maximize their potential this season, and then address any depth or replacements as needed when all is said and done. :2cents:

It's pretty early in the season to start talking about free agency. But Asomugha would be a huge acquisition, both in talent and contract. However, other posts are correct. Odds are Oakland will franchise him or shop his rights to a team that'll take him to the bank.

Chicago will have its hands full with resigning Briggs, Tillman and Vasher. So there's a good chance one of them will hit the market. As we've learned in years past, you can't buy a winning team. Let's hope the Skins maximize their potential this season, and then address any depth or replacements as needed when all is said and done. :2cents:

The bears already re-signed both Tillman and Vasher just not briggs.

Yes, he is a great player. However, the last time we played the Raiders this guy hit my boy Mike Sellers from behing right in the RIBS.

I remember because I was there!

On the next play mike gets him back and we get a penalty. Also,

I remember hearing somewhere were mike said men don’t hit from behind, but most importantly he will REMEMBER Asomugha's #.

I would hate for him to be on this team for that reason…

BIG MIKE WILL KILL HIM :cheers:

Yes, he is a great player. However, the last time we played the Raiders this guy hit my boy Mike Sellers from behing right in the RIBS.

I remember because I was there!

On the next play mike gets him back and we get a penalty. Also,

I remember hearing somewhere were mike said men don’t hit from behind, but most importantly he will REMEMBER Asomugha's #.

I would hate for him to be on this team for that reason…

BIG MIKE WILL KILL HIM :cheers:

I'm pretty sure it wasn't Asomugha. I think it was 2 random scrubs.

From ESPN

2007 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.

Grade: 78 | Key

Alert: None

Comment: Asomugha has excellent size to go along with top-end speed. His foot quickness and agility are adequate but he has a little stiffness in his hips and knees. He is better from a bump-and run-alignment where he can trail the receiver as opposed to pedaling and trying to extend the cushion, then opening his hips to get out of the pedal and close on the ball. He looks a bit tight in transition and often loses a step on the receiver, but has enough explosive quickness and speed to make up the difference. He struggles a bit from man-off as he is not yet good at route recognition or reading the quarterbacks eyes and getting a jump on the ball. He is strong and has long arms that allow him to jam receivers or re-route them when he is able to get a hand on them. He is a strong tackler and is not afraid to come up and force the run. Last season was a breakout for Asomugha as he came up with eight interceptions after being shutout his first three years in the league, and though he has come a long way in terms of playing the ball he is still a work in progress.

Archived