Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nnamdi Asomugha

method man

As long as he wouldn't cost any draft picks, sure why not.

We need to start thinking about bringing in our future DL and OL through the draft in the off-season.

Aw krap, why am I talking about off-season stuff already?

We got a Bowl game to win.

Exactly man. I believe we should get our DLs and OLs through the draft and get everyone else we need through FA (like CBs, WRs [bryant Johnson], and safeties).

People are talking about the offseason,already? Well, that is my hobby. I am always tinkering with the Redskins roster as if I am the general manager. Let's talk next season and potential improvements.

We need two new back up quarterbacks. Suggestions

We need to keep Clinton and Sellers, give Mason a chance. Who else, choose 2.

We need WR's. There is mention that Larry Fitzgerald will be available. I say get him if we can. Who else do we add to this corp, especially since BL and JT probably won't be here.

Tight End Yeah Chris. Who will becoming that dominant blocking tight end so that Cooley can be utilized much like JG1 used Clint Didier or Al Saunders used Tony Gonzalez. Who remembers Rypien to Didier with the cross the field bomb that was always successful in Gibbs1?

Offensive Line- Resign Whittacker. It seems Bugel was high on him before injury. Go after Jared Gaither. These two signings alongs with Stephon Heyer along with the veterans gives us experience, youth and depth on the OL.

On the DL draft Calais Campbell #1. Cut Phillip Daniels and leave the rest of the line as it is.

At LB - HB, Rocky, London and Marcus sound good to me. Who else do we need? Certainly not Briggs. Not now!!!!

At corner, I agree that we go after Asomaghua. But we still need another CB. I am not comfortable with Carlos. Trade the entire secondary, if necessary to get Asomaghua and another CB. It could be Fabian Washington of the Raiders, D. Hall of Atlanta (yeah, I read the other post, but he is better than Carlos right now). I know there are character issues, but if he is rehabilitated, I would even say give Pacman a try instead of counting on Carlos. It is not Pacman's football talent we are leery of, it is his personal life. Keep Torrence and Eubanks as back ups. We would have the fastest DB in the league.

Safety? Sean and LaRon. Nuf said. Back them up with Prioleau and switch Byron Westbrook to safety.

Shaun Suisham and Derrick Frost are doing great. Leave them alone. But can anyone tell me why no one will go near Vanderjaght. Is it because of the comments he made about Dungy and Peyton or is it something else?

What do you think?

If top notch CBs were so important for GW's scheme, makes me wonder why we didn't just keep the one we had. You know...Champ Bailey...

*sigh* this FO will never learn

good lord its been over 4 years ago since champ has been gone and you still poner why he left?? Well i guess since you are probably too young to even remember caring but BAILEY WANTED OUT.

theres no way we could have kept him so our "FO that never learns" actually got a great deal and an awesome running back out of he deal.

tighten up

The OP banged his forehead against the keyboard, and started a thread about it.

:laugh:

What do you guys we can get for Springs through a trade? I remember reading that teams were offering a Day 1 pick for him. I feel that if he can stay healthy this season and be decent, he will still be able to draw a Day 1 pick.

umm... no. i think everyone in the league knows that this is springs' last year in dc. we will probably try to shop him around but why would anyone offer anything for him when they could just wait until we cut him.

I would closely watch that situation unfold next year in the offseason. I know for sure it's going to be a messy fight. The Raiders, all of a sudden, have gotten stingy and are not going to pay Asomugha the money he seeks. Asomugha will get franchised and, at that point, I'd offer Springs (fits the Raiders mold of old veteran player) and a 2nd round pick. We, however, need to keep that no. 1 pick to get ourselves that gamechanging DL that we so desperately need.

I'm not sure the raiders would even look at springs. The guy is old and the raiders shook off a LOT of their age this past year.

Champ didn't want to be here anymore so what was the use in keeping him?

That was because we showed the respect and the money to Lavar. He would have been very happy to stay if we would have shown him the money and shown that we wanted to keep him like we did Lavar.

Boy did they choose wrong on that. :doh:

I said then that shutdown corners simply make a bigger impact on a 4-3 defense than LB's do. I could see if we ran a 3-4 and Lavar was our pressure player... but we didn't and he wasn't. All we needed at OLB was someone like McIntosh who is athletic and can run.

Instead, Snyder decided he was going to resign Lavar and let Bailey go.

A for Asomugha... there's no way Oakland lets him get away.

As for signing big free agents... next year will be just like this year or worse for us signing anyone. The cap is expected to be $116 million next year and our current roster without any draft picks should be right around $120 million.

Most teams are at around $90 million for next year. We aren't going to have the $$ to compete for anyone who'd commanding a lot of attention - even with our normal restructuring stage. It'll be more guys like Smoot and Stoutmire for us next year.

That was because we showed the respect and the money to Lavar. He would have been very happy to stay if we would have shown him the money and shown that we wanted to keep him like we did Lavar.

Boy did they choose wrong on that. :doh:

:doh:

Champ didn't want to leave because he wasn't going to get paid, he was tired of DC.

Lavar wanted to stay in DC. At least, until the tensions arose.

We franchised Champ because he wasn't going to stay here under any circumstances. At least we traded for one fo teh best RBs in the league. Too bad we gave up a second though.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't Asomugha. I think it was 2 random scrubs.

Yea, it was a ST play. The sad thing is, they started High-5ing each other as Sellers laid there on the ground, motionless.

No wonder everybody hates them. They suck as a team, and as a people.

We are actually sitting at around 128 mil in cap commitments next year. Here is a conservative estimate of what will be done.

We have 10.32 mil in bonus money to be paid. Of that we will save at a minimum of 75% that amount by prorating it. We are at 120 mil before cuts and restructures.

Restructures prime (other possibles do exist such as pete kendall an Todd wade)

Washington - 4.425

Thomas - 5.380

Samuels - 4.5

Moss - 3.25

Portis - 5.049

Rabach - 2.750

jansen - 4.98

Rabach - 4.2

So if we did restructure these with extremely conservative 50% savings.

(Most likely around 70% savings would be realized = 24 mil saved)

But at 50% savings = 17.267 savings which puts us at around 103 mil

Most likely cuts

Daniels - Reg cut saves 3 mil if before his roster bonus is paid.

Brunnel - Reg cut saves 3.1 mil

Springs - Reg cut saves 2.5 mil

savings puts us at 8.6 mil more in savings for a cap number of 94 mil or 22 mil under with 42 players under contract with.

Two of those to sign are the punter and kicker.

We are fine.

BTW for ****s and giggles.

If all that played out

Cut BL = 6.332 in outstanding bonus money, he is due 1.8 in some type of bonus money this year. So if that is unpaid then it will cost us 3.9 mil to cut him next year as a regular cut.

If that bonus is guaranteed then it will cost us 5.7 mil to cut him but then we would just June 1st him.

(BL's number s are cost over his current cap charge).

BYE BYE BL, better start catching the damn ball, or we could try to actually throw it him :doh:

So conservatively we can easily be at 99 mil with 12 players and 17 mil to sign. Two of those will be relatively cheap draft picks (2nd and 3rd rounder) and our first will most likely at most be in the middle of the round.

Plenty of cap space and this is actually the best situation we have been in, in quite some time. For instance as of right now we only have 1.854 mil in dead cap next year, compared to 9.058 this year.

Archived