Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nnamdi Asomugha

method man

]']:doh:

Champ didn't want to leave because he wasn't going to get paid' date=' he was tired of DC.

Lavar wanted to stay in DC. At least, until the tensions arose.

We franchised Champ because he wasn't going to stay here under any circumstances. At least we traded for one fo teh best RBs in the league. Too bad we gave up a second though.[/quote']

Portis is no longer an elite back, so please shy away from that discussion.

yeah he got hurt last year, so he's not elite anymore :rolleyes: (a little bit of sarcasm there)

he ran for over 1500 yards the year before last. When he's healthy he's elite, last season was the 1st season that he missed a signifigcant amount of time.

Talk about what have you done for me lately. By the way he's on pace for 16 touchdowns this year.

]']:doh:

Champ didn't want to leave because he wasn't going to get paid' date=' he was tired of DC.

Lavar wanted to stay in DC. At least, until the tensions arose.

We franchised Champ because he wasn't going to stay here under any circumstances. At least we traded for one fo teh best RBs in the league. Too bad we gave up a second though.[/quote']

The big thing is, Champ's wife wasn't going to allow him to stay here

Lets just say that Champ had a problem with straying while he was in DC

3 games, 3 TDs = :stfu:

Champ wanted out in the worst way. Yeah we gave up too much adding the 2nd rounder, but be glad that we got one of the premier players in the NFL. And don't tell me that a cover corner impacts a game more than a guy who touches the ball 20-25 times a game. I know he hasn't been this year, but he did in '05 and will start to again starting Sunday.

People are talking about the offseason,already? Well, that is my hobby. I am always tinkering with the Redskins roster as if I am the general manager. Let's talk next season and potential improvements.

We need two new back up quarterbacks. Suggestions

We need to keep Clinton and Sellers, give Mason a chance. Who else, choose 2.

We need WR's. There is mention that Larry Fitzgerald will be available. I say get him if we can. Who else do we add to this corp, especially since BL and JT probably won't be here.

Tight End Yeah Chris. Who will becoming that dominant blocking tight end so that Cooley can be utilized much like JG1 used Clint Didier or Al Saunders used Tony Gonzalez. Who remembers Rypien to Didier with the cross the field bomb that was always successful in Gibbs1?

Offensive Line- Resign Whittacker. It seems Bugel was high on him before injury. Go after Jared Gaither. These two signings alongs with Stephon Heyer along with the veterans gives us experience, youth and depth on the OL.

On the DL draft Calais Campbell #1. Cut Phillip Daniels and leave the rest of the line as it is.

At LB - HB, Rocky, London and Marcus sound good to me. Who else do we need? Certainly not Briggs. Not now!!!!

At corner, I agree that we go after Asomaghua. But we still need another CB. I am not comfortable with Carlos. Trade the entire secondary, if necessary to get Asomaghua and another CB. It could be Fabian Washington of the Raiders, D. Hall of Atlanta (yeah, I read the other post, but he is better than Carlos right now). I know there are character issues, but if he is rehabilitated, I would even say give Pacman a try instead of counting on Carlos. It is not Pacman's football talent we are leery of, it is his personal life. Keep Torrence and Eubanks as back ups. We would have the fastest DB in the league.

Safety? Sean and LaRon. Nuf said. Back them up with Prioleau and switch Byron Westbrook to safety.

Shaun Suisham and Derrick Frost are doing great. Leave them alone. But can anyone tell me why no one will go near Vanderjaght. Is it because of the comments he made about Dungy and Peyton or is it something else?

What do you think?

For backup QBs, I would keep Collins but to take Brunell's spot, I would look at how Mr. Harrington keeps on progressing in ATL (at the very worst, he's proven he is a decent backup) and I would look at Billy Volek if he is a FA. Getting someone in the draft is also an option.

For RBs, we should trade Betts. He is a bit too similar to Clinton. The only real difference is that he is a better receiver. We need someone who is very different from Clinton to make this RB-by-committee work. We need a Brian Westbrook shifty speedy type...a Jerious Norwood-type...Marcus Mason showed that he can possibly be that guy. I think we are seeing that Ladell's production was a product of the great OL play in the 2nd half last season, anyway.

For OLs, I would spend at least 2 draft picks on them (probably late round). I would look at guys from small schools. I remember reading about a guy form some unknown school who dominates his conference (the next Jahri Evans, maybe?). We need a guard/center with a nasty streak and another project who plays with nastiness at guard to replace Pucillo and Fabini.

For TEs, we need to continue the search for the veteran blocking TE. Yoder does a decent job, but we could use a really big guy.

For WRs, the guy to go after in FA is Bryant Johnson. He is going to be a lot cheaper than a Fitzgerald, and, while he is not going to be a Pro Bowler, he will at least fit in as the big possession receiver type splitting time at the 2/slot with ARE.

On the defensive line, we need to spend at least 3 picks there, including our first round pick. We need to pick up a one-gap guy who gets great penetration because Griffin, with the injuries, has become unreliable and is not the same guy he was in 2005. We also need to pick up a couple DEs including a starter who is Phillip Daniels-sized and gets a good pass rush (Kendall Langord from Hampton) and a pure pass rusher to compete with Chris Wilson for that role (a Mark Anderson/Elvis Dumervil type in the 5th round if we don't lose that pick for Kendall).

are you serious?? i thought he was a fullback?

c'mon now... he's a tiny corner and he will stay a corner.. hes not big enough to switch to safety

He's the same height as Fox and nine lbs. lighter. This is his first year on an NFL practice squad, not even a roster. He can bulk up. Corner to safety isn't that big of a stretch.

spring wont get cut, sorry.

someone will offer something for him if we shop him. if not, we keep him but you dont cut a player of his caliber

Springs is a FA next year. I don't think the Skins will match what other teams would be willing to pay for him. I would rather keep Springs at least one more season. Trade Rogers away. And get a cover corner by the draft or FA. A rookie corner can't do any worse than Rogers at this point.

Springs is a FA next year. I don't think the Skins will match what other teams would be willing to pay for him. I would rather keep Springs at least one more season. Trade Rogers away. And get a cover corner by the draft or FA. A rookie corner can't do any worse than Rogers at this point.

I don't think 'los has much trade value.

Archived