Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Virginia grand jury indicts Michael Vick on new dogfighting charges, prosecutors anno

slinky

This is crazy. Damn the man career is virtually over. He said he's sorry. Even though some said he doesn't mean it. Now here comes the state of Va. I've learned one thing through this ordeal. Don't _uck with dogs. I seen a bridge collapse in the news and people lose their lives, but Vick got more pub. A girl gets raped and tortured in West Va. but Vick gets more pub. Bill Belichik CHEATS but he virtually at the news conference says kiss my _ss I'm not talking about it, next question. No one comes at him for not commenting about it. Vick on the other hand on this forum was talked about for his apology. The NFL slapped Belechik on the hand. I thought Goodell was supposed to be the new guy to get things in order. Why hasn't an internal investigation been launched to interview current and former players to see how long this cheating had been going on. Ooops but I know, we don't want to open that can of worms.

When the press pays more attention to dog fighting than drunk driving killers in the league, there's a problem.

I'd say Vick is wrong but damn. Who makes the rules on what animals are OK to be cruel to? I guess its OK to be cruel to bulls, ducks, birds , deers, monkeys and cows because the law says it. Its amazing. Once again the hypocrisy in our democracy. :2cents:

When the press pays more attention to dog fighting than drunk driving killers, there's a problem.

I'd say Vick is wrong but damn. Who makes the rules on what animals are OK to be cruel to? I guess its OK to be cruel to bulls, ducks, birds , deers, monkeys and cows because the law says it. Its amazing. Once again the hypocrisy in our democracy. :2cents:

The press doesn't care about an anonymous drunk drivers but they do care about a 100 million dollars star athlete. The press loves a fall from grace story because it sells ad time.

This is crazy. Damn the man career is virtually over. He said he's sorry. Even though some said he doesn't mean it. Now here comes the state of Va. I've learned one thing through this ordeal. Don't _uck with dogs. I seen a bridge collapse in the news and people lose their lives, but Vick got more pub. A girl gets raped and tortured in West Va. but Vick gets more pub. Bill Belichik CHEATS but he virtually at the news conference says kiss my _ss I'm not talking about it, next question. No one comes at him for not commenting about it. Vick on the other hand on this forum was talked about for his apology. The NFL slapped Belechik on the hand. I thought Goodell was supposed to be the new guy to get things in order. Why hasn't an internal investigation been launched to interview current and former players to see how long this cheating had been going on. Ooops but I know, we don't want to open that can of worms.

When the press pays more attention to dog fighting than drunk driving killers in the league, there's a problem.

he drowned and hung dogs thats why people are pissed.you just dont get it do you?

The state of VA ****ed up on this one. I don't understand if this attorney has a motive to railroad him or what. He already pleaded quilty to conspiricy charges. He's ****ed in the NFL, and for the state to indict him now it's too late in my opinion.

so since his career is over then he shouldnt have to face state charges.is that what youre saying?he was charged by he government now he is being charged by the state it happens all the time its not a conspiracy against vick

I guess this isn't double jeapordy then? This is an entirely seperate event?

You can't be charged with the same crime twice, that doesn't mean you can't be charged for separate crimes by separate jurisdictional authorties for multiple crimes committed during the same event. The Feds charged him with Federal Crimes, such as conspiracy, crossing state lines to commit a felony, ect. Now the locals are charging him with other crimes, such as animal cruelty. It's technically not the same crime so double jeopardy doesn't apply.

he drowned and hung dogs thats why people are pissed.you just dont get it do you?

Main man when the media gives more pub to dogs than human, thats crazy. Also there is animal cruelty thats allowed by the law but I guess that doesn't bother you because its the law. A couple examples.

1. Lets say you're running top speed. A rope is thrown around your neck, and then you're jerked backwards by your throat. Someone comes and slam you to the ground and tie your feet. This is done to you over and over again. This isn't animal cruelty though because its the law. Baby calves are subjected to this but it doesn't disturb you I guess.

2. Someone takes a electrical device and shocks your testicles to make you jump more aggresively. Bulls are subjected to this. I know I know its the law. That makes it OK.

3. Someone wants to test their new hunting toys. A deer is minding its own business getting a drink of water. It gets shot in the head for sport. I know I know its the law. A duck or bird or whatever is just tending its little babies and gets shot . I know I know its the law.

There's other examples too but can you understand the hypocrisy here. I'm not talking Roger Goodell. I'm talking how the press and powers that be never even hyped how an NFL player drove drunk and killed someone. He turned around and drove drunk again. No big press coverage. There are issues that are damn sure bigger than Vick yet its no big coverage. Someone Somewhere is pissed with Vick and there grand standing. I'm convinced. What more do they want?

DCMONEY, your mistake is equating the media's coverage of Vick to his punishment from the state and the fed.

What I really despise is when people like you take the behavior of a ****ing scumbag like Vick and try to find parallel bad behavior that no one is talking about or isn't punished as much as we would like as a way of letting Vick's atrocious acts be lessened.

He trained dogs to bite each other's ****ing faces off, man. When they didn't perform, he picked them up and slammed their heads on the ground while saying "make it rain" as the blood poured out. Ok? He ****ing electrocuted them. He drowned them. For his own sadistic jollies of being the man. He wasn't even humane enough to put a bullet in their head.

To me, you can't dream up enough punishment for Vick. You know what, if you hurt a human I'm the same way; so please don't start up with the tired "we all care about dogs more than we do humans" routine; sell that line down the street.

He is a scumbag; when you defend the actions of a scumbag, people begin to look closer at the content of your character.

DCMONEY, your mistake is equating the media's coverage of Vick to his punishment from the state and the fed.

What I really despise is when people like you take the behavior of a ****ing scumbag like Vick and try to find parallel bad behavior that no one is talking about or isn't punished as much as we would like as a way of letting Vick's atrocious acts be lessened.

He trained dogs to bite each other's ****ing faces off, man. When they didn't perform, he picked them up and slammed their heads on the ground while saying "make it rain" as the blood poured out. Ok? He ****ing electrocuted them. He drowned them. For his own sadistic jollies of being the man. He wasn't even humane enough to put a bullet in their head.

To me, you can't dream up enough punishment for Vick. You know what, if you hurt a human I'm the same way; so please don't start up with the tired "we all care about dogs more than we do humans" routine; sell that line down the street.

He is a scumbag; when you defend the actions of a scumbag, people begin to look closer at the content of your character.

Doesn't being a fan of the Eagles make you a scumbag?

Just kidding and I agree with your entire post. :applause:

<<Yeah thats how we know about the case. The media has blown this up like he's the worse thing since Hitler.>>

<<Yeah its human nature to find something parallel or even worse to compare when something of this magnitude gets the coverage that its getting. We all do it. I never said Vick was right but I also gave examples of animal cruelty allowed by the law. Its hypocritical to me. Who the hell has the right to determine whats more moral or not? You or me? I think not. >>

<<I guess killing somone drunk driving isn't as bad as this. Then to be allowed to play again, only to drunk drive again. The coverage of this isn't as important as I see it.>>

<<You statement says it all. So if Vick got life apparently you feel its just. Then surely you should be just as upset by Leonard Little playing in the NFL right now huh? Are you just as adamant about claves being yoked, choked and slammed?>>

<<He's a man that made mistake. He was wrong. I'm sorry. I just don't feel that any punishment he gets is just like you do. Not over dogs. Hell they just had a case of a young woman being tortured in West Va. and made to eat feces but its getting hardly any pub. If she was a dog though we'd get more feed back.>>

<<He's a man that made mistake. He was wrong. I'm sorry. I just don't feel that any punishment he gets is just like you do. Not over dogs. Hell they just had a case of a young woman being tortured in West Va. and made to eat feces but its getting hardly any pub. If she was a dog though we'd get more feed back.>>

If she were tortured by, say, Brett Favre or Peyton Manning, it'd be on the news 24/7. There's plenty of dog-fighting cases involving non-celebrities that never see the inside of a newsroom.

This isn't just a "mistake." Vick's involvement isn't just a "mistake," anymore than Sammy the Bull's involvement in Cosa Nostra was simply an error in judgment.

I agree that Leonard Little should be PERMANENTLY banned from the NFL, and that he should've received SUBSTANTIAL jail time after getting nailed for another DWI after having killed someone. Had Goodell been commish then, I bet Little would have been banned. On the other hand, Ricky Williams did little more than smoke weed, and he got the boot. The guy never hurt anyone, but still got worked over. There will always be disparities in punishments. And I agree with you that there are plenty of animal cruelties that go unminded.

Main man when the media gives more pub to dogs than human, thats crazy. Also there is animal cruelty thats allowed by the law but I guess that doesn't bother you because its the law. A couple examples.

1. Lets say you're running top speed. A rope is thrown around your neck, and then you're jerked backwards by your throat. Someone comes and slam you to the ground and tie your feet. This is done to you over and over again. This isn't animal cruelty though because its the law. Baby calves are subjected to this but it doesn't disturb you I guess.

2. Someone takes a electrical device and shocks your testicles to make you jump more aggresively. Bulls are subjected to this. I know I know its the law. That makes it OK.

3. Someone wants to test their new hunting toys. A deer is minding its own business getting a drink of water. It gets shot in the head for sport. I know I know its the law. A duck or bird or whatever is just tending its little babies and gets shot . I know I know its the law.

There's other examples too but can you understand the hypocrisy here. I'm not talking Roger Goodell. I'm talking how the press and powers that be never even hyped how an NFL player drove drunk and killed someone. He turned around and drove drunk again. No big press coverage. There are issues that are damn sure bigger than Vick yet its no big coverage. Someone Somewhere is pissed with Vick and there grand standing. I'm convinced. What more do they want?

you just proved my point, you definately don't get it.

If she were tortured by, say, Brett Favre or Peyton Manning, it'd be on the news 24/7. There's plenty of dog-fighting cases involving non-celebrities that never see the inside of a newsroom.

This isn't just a "mistake." Vick's involvement isn't just a "mistake," anymore than Sammy the Bull's involvement in Cosa Nostra was simply an error in judgment.

<<We'll agree to disagree. I think Vick was wrong and thats that. He's been made the poster boy for Dog fighting in my opinion. And I'm sure he isn't the 1st celebrity to be involved in dogfighting I'm sure. This matter to me has gone way way pass bed time. The state to me now is just grandstanding. Someone is getting their rocks off. Its straight BS.>>

I agree that Leonard Little should be PERMANENTLY banned from the NFL, and that he should've received SUBSTANTIAL jail time after getting nailed for another DWI after having killed someone. Had Goodell been commish then, I bet Little would have been banned. On the other hand, Ricky Williams did little more than smoke weed, and he got the boot. The guy never hurt anyone, but still got worked over. There will always be disparities in punishments. And I agree with you that there are plenty of animal cruelties that go unminded.

<<Goodell has nothing to do with the media coverage that this matter is getting. it would seem that this is old news but here we go again. Even though he's a celebrity, I never thought this matter would blow up this big. Its amazing. I'll say it again. Its getting just as much pub as lets say the damn Rae Carruth case if not more.>>

your examples of animal cruelty are just plain dumb,the roping thing is cruel but the calf is not dead after the roping,the deer being shot might be against the law depending on where you do it.Vick trained dogs to kill each other if they werent good at it he killed them by drowning,hanging or electrocuting them.Its a heinous crime commited by one of the most famous atheletes in the world.get it?

your examples of animal cruelty are just plain dumb,the roping thing is cruel but the calf is not dead after the roping,the deer being shot might be against the law depending on where you do it.Vick trained dogs to kill each other if they werent good at it he killed them by drowning,hanging or electrocuting them.Its a heinous crime commited by one of the most famous atheletes in the world.get it?

So you're saying cruelty to the calf isn't as bad because they lived through getting their neck yoked. Believe it or not some of them suffer where they have to be put to death genius. Getting your neck yoked over and over again is cruelty. If thats what had to continually happen to me, then go ahead and kill me. Maybe you're different.

Archived