Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So, if we were to run Gibbs out of town on a rail...what comes next?

Bacon

What comes next...a lot of people saying, "I told you so" concerning Coach Gibbs being too old and that the game had passed him by.

Do I want to see Coach Gibbs resign or get fired? Not at the moment...give him the benefit of the doubt he has eanred that after all these years...however another screw-up like the Giants game and I will admit my confidence will be seriously shaken in this Coaching staff.

a young eager risk taker of an offensive coordinator from another team, ya know, just like gibbs was when we brought him here in 81?

Doesn't that just tell you all you need to know about Gibbs now?

Look at Doug Williams stats: 49% completion, before he came to DC he had a more INTS than TDS yet look at the balls on display in a real important game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orG2I0WOzfc

It boggles the mind.

Gibbs is not Gibbs anymore. I don't care who tells you that he is. I was there. I saw these games. I laughed at my Denver and Dolphin friends because Gibbs made their teams look like fools.

He probably is, but do we really want another Dallas guy here? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think we need to get over this "Dallas Guy" thing. It's 2007. Coaches and players are loyal to themselves first.

Norv was a bad head coach because Norv was a bad head coach. He hasn't been in Dallas in 20 years. He is still a bad head coach.

I'll take Jason Garrett. The guy apparently knows how to run an offense in TODAYS NFL. Gibbs doesn't know how to do it. It pisses me off when I see Gibbs on TV talking about his racing team during football season. His priorities aren't set.

he said he was committed to winning.

Priorities should be.

1. FOOTBALL

2. FOOTBALL

3. FOOTBALL

4. EATING ENOUGH TO SURVIVE

5. FOOTBALL

6. SLEEP

7. FOOTBALL

8. FAMILY

1000. NASCAR

I'll take Jason Garrett. The guy apparently knows how to run an offense in TODAYS NFL.

Jason Garrett? you've got to be kidding! I'm a cowboy fan but he's only 3 games into his 1st offensive coordinating job and to pass him off as some sort of geniuse is ridiculous. It's not that he knows today's offense it's the fact that coaches haven't figured out his tendencies yet.

Believe me, the jury is just walking into the deliberating room on Jason Garrett. LOL!

Because he is just as conservative and old-fashioned as Gibbs, except he's not as good a coach. If we're going to move on from Gibbs, the job needs to go to a coordinator who knows the team or someone young who is willing to shake things up, not another relic with a weaker track record.

I'm glad someone else sees this. I too am all for Russ Grimm, but I'm not sure Snyder would want to go after such a small name. :rolleyes: I suppose that's where a good GM would come in.

And no, not Jason Garrett. He's a success right now, but he could be Martz redux as a coach.

All the people who want Williams & Saunders should take a look at their records as head coaches in previous stints. Not so great. I hope Gibbs stays around, he's the best option we have right now.

Records can be deceiving. Just look at Belichick with the Browns. They deserve a second chance, IMO.

Mike Martz' date=' would be a perfect fit with all these players, I think he would show what this team is capable of.[/quote']

He's easily the best OC in the league, but I'm not sure if he'd make a good HC. Maybe if Williams stayed on as DC, but I think Williams will want a job as a HC.

sn't it blatanly obvious? With the vast and infallible football knowledge of the extremeskins posters, the only logical thing to do is fire Gibbs, and the entire coaching staff for that matter and have the team be run by a committe of over 5,000 extremeskins posters.

Another football genious. So what do you recommend, smart guy?

Is anyone really advocating firing Gibbs midseason? I haven't seen that and it's stupid to discuss because it will never happen.

Certainly not. Gibbs' contract goes through 2008 and that will most likely be honored. The only one that can fire Gibbs at this point is Gibbs...I just made this thread because I'm not particularly well-read on coaching prospects.

Garrett is probably not ready to be a HC yet. But you have to like his progress towards the spot so far.

I think the key for the next coach is for him to be young. That's the main reason I don't want Grimm. He's only two years younger than Cowher. He should have had a HC job by now.

While we are on the subject of Steelers, you can look at Mike Tomlin right now and see that you don't need a "name" or "experience" to lead a veteran team. And he's younger than Mark Brunell.

Archived