Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I think ARE could be a bigger threat this year than Moss

Vladimir L

Moss is the #1 WR and will have much better stats at the end of the season. BUT I do think it will be much closer than last year. I could see 700-800 yards from ARE, but if Moss stays healthy he will go over 1000 easily.

Maybe they both go for over a 1000.

Campbell just seems like ARE more.

It seems like Campbell looks for ARE first then Moss.

This is only going to open up the offense more because people are more scared of Moss. Eventually they will start covering ARE and Moss will open up more.

You don't think that Moss is the #1 passing option in 80% of the pass plays? Why do you think this?

Moss is the primary but JC cant complete it to him just yet. He smokes that 10 yd pass high and hard and Moss is missing them - most call them drops. He need to pass it lower to Moss - he isnt Art Monk out there. JC has a lot more comfort with ARE probably from their non starting roles last year. We finally sent Moss DEEP last week and JC missed him. They are just off right now for whatever reason. We need to work ARE until it gets ironed out.

I hope their is no number 1 WR in the future on this team. Campbell should be spreading the ball around and I hope Moss and ARE have good seasons, but when you have one WR with fantastic stats and then a big dropoff towards your number 2, it says that your QB is locking into one WR

Campbell has missed Moss on two long pass plays that BOTH could have resulted in touchdowns.

With those two catches Moss would have posted another 80 yards in receptions and 2 scores.

Then with those stats you woud say he was having another breakout year like 2005 :laugh:

Give Moss a break. He is the best we have. And one of the best in the division along with Owens and Burress.

JC will throw to wherever the coverage dictates. In the first few weeks, if you've noticed, the defense seems to be putting ARE in single coverage which automatically dictates that Campbell looks there first. Hopefully ARE can continue to produce at the level he is now and then defenses will eventually be forced to choose which guys they're doubling on each play and which guy they are going to leave open. As soon as defenses see what Randle El is doing, our offense will really start to roll.

Moss is drawing double and triple coverage so whoever is playing on the opposite side of Moss must be consistently productive which eliminates Lloyd. Thus far A.R.E has stepped up but he is not a legit #2 WR. Since Moss is a speed merchant the perfect compliment to him is a WR that plays big and is reliable. Try as he might Randle El cannot play big. A.R.E's game is built around elusiveness and trick plays but not consistent production. That is why Caldwell is here and do not be surprised to see Caldwell take over the #2 spot after the bye week.

A.R.E is best utilized in the slot where you can do so much more with him.

Campbell has missed Moss on two long pass plays that BOTH could have resulted in touchdowns.

With those two catches Moss would have posted another 80 yards in receptions and 2 scores.

Then with those stats you woud say he was having another breakout year like 2005 :laugh:

Give Moss a break. He is the best we have. And one of the best in the division along with Owens and Burress.

The only big big big play he missed him badly was on the bomb but Moss has made big drops equally.

Boy I hope JC gets his timing down with Moss. I think our 2 starting WR are solid. ARE played really well last week until going down with cramps. :doh:

Moss is drawing double and triple coverage so whoever is playing on the opposite side of Moss must be consistently productive which eliminates Lloyd. Thus far A.R.E has stepped up but he is not a legit #2 WR. Since Moss is a speed merchant the perfect compliment to him is a WR that plays big and is reliable. Try as he might Randle El cannot play big. A.R.E's game is built around elusiveness and trick plays but not consistent production. That is why Caldwell is here and do not be surprised to see Caldwell take over the #2 spot after the bye week.

A.R.E is best utilized in the slot where you can do so much more with him.

:rolleyes:

ARE has been playing big. He has been making his out catches and been a good short to intermediate reciver. ARE is turning out to be better than people predicted so far.

And you are on crack if you think Reche is going to be #2.

Reche was braught in to bring down Lloyd.

We would have never had had the smurfs without Art Monk. Moss is more like a Clark or Sanders but is doing his best as a 1 and no one is blaming him. He is not being triple covered IMO - JC is struggling to get easy to handle passes to him. He is open often and maybe in front of zones a lot. JC just smokes passes 3 feet over Moss's head. Moss won't say anything about JC's short passes to him being rockets and often a bit off target. Its like moss needs to be 4 inches taller to have a shot at them so high. Its easy to see IMO and its happened 2 weeks now. JC's passes to ARE are much better - not as much touch / timing needed on those routes perhaps?

Campbell loves this guy and always looks for him. Last week he would of put up bigger number but sat out most of the 3rd and 4th quarters.

I look for him to have a 1000 yard season.

1 gameth speaketh a lot

i think as we go along the season we'll see moss getting more open as campbell becomes comfortable..

to me it doesn't matter.. as long as we're open and ready to score

1 gameth speaketh a lot

i think as we go along the season we'll see moss getting more open as campbell becomes comfortable..

to me it doesn't matter.. as long as we're open and ready to score

He played well last game and would of had a big game.

Still came out with a solid game and only played a half.

Campbell loves this guy and always looks for him.

This isn't aimed at you personally, Vlad, but I am SO damn tired of everyone, fan and analyst alike, claiming "Campbell loves (fill in the blank)" everytime that receiver has a really good game lol :laugh:...last season I heard that "Campbell loves Cooley, he's his go-to guy"...I also read several artlcles and heard analyst during games say "Campbell loves Moss, he's his favorite target"...I even read on a few threads this year "Campbell loves Thrash, they have a real chemistry whenever he's in the game"...Now it's "Campbell loves Antwaan Randle El, he always looks for him" lol...

Archived