Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I think ARE could be a bigger threat this year than Moss

Vladimir L

semi-off subject. I was listening to Illinois pregame show today on the radio and former IL QB Kurt Kittner is one of the guys that does the show. They were discussing Indiana and Kurt Kittner said that Randal El was the best athlete he ever saw in four years at IL. Anyone that can adjust from QB to WR and be as good as a WR as Randal El is must be amazing.

How is ARE his favorite target this year after 1 big game? It's week 3 :laugh:

Week 1: ARE - 5 catches, 167 yards (one being a hail mary bouncing off

a helmet into his hands)

Moss- 3 catches, 28 yards (dropped a huge TD pass thrown to him)

Week 2: ARE - 4 catches, 44 yards

Moss- 6 catches, 89 yards (dropped a sure TD pass thrown to him)

I'm not going to go back and look up every pass attempt Campbell made to both ARE or Moss, but just glancing at it, looks pretty even in the number of catches, ARE yards are inflated with the 54 yard hail mary deflection catch. ARE has more yards, Moss has as many receptions, Moss has two more drops for sure TDs.

How is ARE his favorite target this year after 1 big game? It's week 3 :laugh:

Week 1: ARE - 5 catches, 167 yards (one being a hail mary bouncing off

a helmet into his hands)

Moss- 3 catches, 28 yards (dropped a huge TD pass thrown to him)

Week 2: ARE - 4 catches, 44 yards

Moss- 6 catches, 89 yards (dropped a sure TD pass thrown to him)

I'm not going to go back and look up every pass attempt Campbell made to both ARE or Moss, but just glancing at it, looks pretty even in the number of catches, ARE yards are inflated with the 54 yard hail mary deflection catch. ARE has more yards, Moss has as many receptions, Moss has two more drops for sure TDs.

What sure TD passes did Moss drop? The only sure TD that Moss could have had last week was badly overthrown, not dropped. And what sure TD did Moss drop in week 1? He had a few drops that week, but none of them were near the end zone.

I don't think ARE will be a bigger threat, (ever?), than Santana out there. However, right now the Redskins have what looks to be an ideal situation developing this season. 2 receivers who compliment each other out there. One takes the heat off the other. Then you add Chris Cooley to the mix and things really get interesting. As they stated Monday night, Jason has dangerous weapons all over the place out there and this is a good thing. What I like about Jason right now is, he's using all of them. He's doing a better job of spreading things around and hitting the open man. He can step back in the pocket and know that if his primary is covered, there are 1,2, or even 3 more dangerous targets out there to pass the ball to. I don't envy the DC's facing the Skins if young Mr. Campbell keeps progressing and Al Saunders keeps opening more and more of the playbook for him.

What sure TD passes did Moss drop? The only sure TD that Moss could have had last week was badly overthrown, not dropped. And what sure TD did Moss drop in week 1? He had a few drops that week, but none of them were near the end zone.

Sorry, that's what I meant, overthrown two weeks in a row for sure TD passes.

I don't think ARE will be a bigger threat, (ever?), than Santana out there. However, right now the Redskins have what looks to be an ideal situation developing this season. 2 receivers who compliment each other out there. One takes the heat off the other. Then you add Chris Cooley to the mix and things really get interesting. As they stated Monday night, Jason has dangerous weapons all over the place out there and this is a good thing. What I like about Jason right now is, he's using all of them. He's doing a better job of spreading things around and hitting the open man. He can step back in the pocket and know that if his primary is covered, there are 1,2, or even 3 more dangerous targets out there to pass the ball to. I don't envy the DC's facing the Skins if young Mr. Campbell keeps progressing and Al Saunders keeps opening more and more of the playbood for him.

LOL was watching an HBO documentary on the movie Deep Throat last night. Movie costar, Harry Reems is now a born again Christian and living in of all places, Park City Utah. :laugh:

Archived