Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why are people saying Campbell has a weak arm?!?`

Farbod21

Obviously those two are silly for saying he doesn't have a big league arm. That much is obvious. That being said, I think comparing QB's arm strengths is sort of pointless. Most starting NFL QBs have at least a decent arm and can heave it if need be. The most important thing is the touch they have on the deep ball. That is one of the things I like about JC. His deep ball (besides that one to Moss last night) really seems to have great accuracy and touch. It isn't hard for a decent NFL QB to throw the ball 40 or 50 yards, but if he can throw it 40 or 50 yards right into the hands of his receiver in stride then that is impressive.

First Steven A. Assclown and now someone almost equally stupid, Skip Clueless, says that even though Campbell has an average arm, he will be a decent QB.

Decent arm?? The guy has a freakin CANNON. Am I dreaming? or are these two retarded? Did you see the hail marry last week? That was almost 70 yards in the air with pads on in the pocket. He overthrew one of the fastest WRs in the NFL by flicking his wrist. I really dont understand what the hell these mediots are talking about...

:insane:

While its true Campbell has a VERY strong arm, I wouldnt go so far as calling it a cannon. Ramsey had a bigger arm then Campbell(one of the only things he had on Campbell) Also, saying he threw that pass by flicking his wrist is absolutely false. Michael Vick flicks his wrist Campbell has a very long wind up.

That being said, Campbell has proven alot to me in 9 games and i think we may have finally found a long term solution at QB. Hopefully he keeps on improving.

He puts a lot of air under the ball when he throws it, which could make it look like his arm is only average. It is definitely not as strong as some other QBs, but I don't think he's necessarily lacking.

jason campbell has a big arm i think hes up their with palmer and culpepper

did u see that hail mary 34 yard line to the endzone

Vick, Young, and Culpepper I will agree with. McNabb has a weak arm, that was the knock on him out of college. He cant throw 60 yards. Manning and Brady arent even close. They have accurate arms sure, but their arm strength doesnt even come close to Campbells. Favre can sling lasers for sure, but so can campbell and id bet dollars to donuts that Jason can throw farther. Palmer and McNair are debatable...

You have to take everything AJ Skins says about Redskin QBs with a grain of salt. His mancrush on Ramsey clouds his judgement on everything else. Since Campbell was drafted to replace Ramsey he rationalizes everything Jason does(although he doesn't seem to hate him as much as Brunell). The "puts alot of air" comment pretty much is par for the course for him.

I would say his arm is not stronger than Manning or Brady. Other QBs with stronger arms:

McNabb

Palmer

Favre

Young

McNair

(not starting)

Vick

Culpeper

That's just off the top of my head. There may be more.

wow wow wow do u watch football?

being a good QB doesnt mean u have a monster arm

brady has a average arm strength

the strongest arm in nfl is jamarcus russell

followed by carson palmer

kyle boller has a really big arm

peyton is top 5

but mcnair doesnt take top 10 he was in his younger days but now his arm isnt as strong

Favre is still their

young arm is strong but culter has a bigger arm

I think what bothers me about this comment is that we haven't even seen the full extent of Campbell's arm. He barely put anything into that throw to Moss and still over shot him by a mile. Even on that hail mary' date=' it looked effortless. I have a feeling this guy could toss it endzone to endzone. You don't see him gun short passes, but that's because of his sometimes remarkable touch and accuracy. This guy is a player. Everyone on Around the Horn said as much. Tony and Wilbon are said as much. Every clown on ESPN pretty much said as much except for these two doofuses.[/quote']

Youre being a homer dude...touch is something JC has NOT developed on short to medium passes, hopefully thatll come with experience though.

I would say his arm is not stronger than Manning or Brady. Other QBs with stronger arms:

McNabb

Palmer

Favre

Young

McNair

(not starting)

Vick

Culpeper

That's just off the top of my head. There may be more.

Carson Palmer

Brett Favre

Steve McNair

Daunte Culpeper

Michael Vick

Kyle Boller

Jay Cutler

Jamarcus Russell

Chris Simms

Patrick Ramsey

Off the top of my head(well i thought about it for a little bit:silly: ) these guys all have stronger arms then Campbell. That isnt to say Campbell cant launch it though!

When I hear talk of a noodle arm, I think of Romo sits to pee. In reality i'm sure he can throw a fastball, but watching the Cowboys lately he just seems to loft it to areas and his receivers run towards with. Good timing routes. He's not rifling it but is still very effective.

Point is, you don't have to have a rifle to make it in this league. Surely it does not hurt to have a strong arm, unless you don't have the self control to take some off of it when needed. Then again, if you have a noodle arm, then you're not going anywhere (see: Brunell, Woeful Wuerfful, etc.). JC has more than enough arm to be a successful QB.

Besides, it sounds like to me they were talking more about his accuracy than his ability to throw it through a brick wall. His throws are still sailing at times.

Steven A. and Bayless are similar in that they both talk over anyone else trying to argue with them. They also try to be controversial, and they usually go against the grain in order to generate publicity. Usually their opinions are not researched and baseless. Stephen A. might know basketball, but he knows nothing about football. Bayless knows nothing about anything.

People that say Brady has an average arm don't watch much football. Brady has one of the strongest arms in the league. Other QB's with better arms than Campbell are Palmer, Farve, Boller, Cutler, Big Ben and Smith.

smith ddoesnt have bigger arm then campbell

in the combine it was clear campbell had the strongest arm

campbell has bigger arm then smith and big ben

but big ben is by far more accurate

Campbell has a very good arm. It's not an "elite" arm but it's better than most QBs. From a pure strength and distance standpoint it's better than Manning or Brady. Not sure how that's not simply something people are aware of by now. But, what makes him possibly the answer for us is not the strength in his arm. Ramsey had a stronger arm. He couldn't throw with touch or between levels. Campbell can. Campbell is capable of the throw that makes good QBs good. He's yet to show he's capable of the anticipation and intangible stuff that makes a good QB a great one. We'll see.

Archived