Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why are people saying Campbell has a weak arm?!?`

Farbod21

First Steven A. Assclown and now someone almost equally stupid, Skip Clueless, says that even though Campbell has an average arm, he will be a decent QB.

Decent arm?? The guy has a freakin CANNON. Am I dreaming? or are these two retarded? Did you see the hail marry last week? That was almost 70 yards in the air with pads on in the pocket. He overthrew one of the fastest WRs in the NFL by flicking his wrist. I really dont understand what the hell these mediots are talking about...

:insane:

He puts a lot of air under the ball when he throws it, which could make it look like his arm is only average. It is definitely not as strong as some other QBs, but I don't think he's necessarily lacking.

huh? Its not like they are lobbs (brunell) since the ball is still going up. Not as strong as who? He has a stronger arm than Romo sits to pee, Brady, Manning, Brees, and Bulger... All consider the top echelon of NFL QBs...

I think what bothers me about this comment is that we haven't even seen the full extent of Campbell's arm. He barely put anything into that throw to Moss and still over shot him by a mile. Even on that hail mary, it looked effortless. I have a feeling this guy could toss it endzone to endzone. You don't see him gun short passes, but that's because of his sometimes remarkable touch and accuracy. This guy is a player. Everyone on Around the Horn said as much. Tony and Wilbon are said as much. Every clown on ESPN pretty much said as much except for these two doofuses.

Do you have a link to reference for these comments? I just have a difficult time believing anyone would say that. He threw the ball almost 70 yards last week on that hail mary pass and his out passes clearly have tons o' zip.

If you can somehow watch NFL first take this morning. It was at the very beginning of the show. This is basically verbatum of what skip bayless said.

"Jason Campbell might not make a pro bowl, but he will be an adequate starter in the NFL. He does not have a strong arm, but it might be a little above average and that will be good enough."

huh? Its not like they are lobbs (brunell) since the ball is still going up. Not as strong as who? He has a stronger arm than Romo sits to pee, Brady, Manning, Brees, and Bulger... All consider the top echelon of NFL QBs...

I would say his arm is not stronger than Manning or Brady. Other QBs with stronger arms:

McNabb

Palmer

Favre

Young

McNair

(not starting)

Vick

Culpeper

That's just off the top of my head. There may be more.

I would say his arm is not stronger than Manning or Brady. Other QBs with stronger arms:

McNabb

Palmer

Favre

Young

McNair

(not starting)

Vick

Culpeper

That's just off the top of my head. There may be more.

Vick, Young, and Culpepper I will agree with. McNabb has a weak arm, that was the knock on him out of college. He cant throw 60 yards. Manning and Brady arent even close. They have accurate arms sure, but their arm strength doesnt even come close to Campbells. Favre can sling lasers for sure, but so can campbell and id bet dollars to donuts that Jason can throw farther. Palmer and McNair are debatable...

Archived