Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mechanical problems on the Cowboys airplane

jrfriedm

I just heard on the Fox Sports update, that the Cowboys had to make an emergency landing in New Orleans (I think that's where they said) for mechanical problems w/ there plane. They said that everyone was safe and fine, and they would be reboarding shortly.

My question is if the Cowboys loose tomorrow, will the people say that it's because they got in late, the mental toll, the lack of preperation time in Miami that caused them to loose?

What are your thoughts?

Believe it or not, it's surprising that this sort of thing doesn't happen more often in sports.

I guess we've been blessed not to see a plane load of our sports heroes go down in flames.

I can't imagine how devastated I would feel if something happened to the Wolverines, Blazers, Team USA or the Redskins (though I'd feel terrible if it happened to any team.)

I guess we've been blessed not to see a plane load of our sports heroes go down in flames.

I can't imagine how devastated I would feel if something happened to the Wolverines, Blazers, Team USA or the Redskins (though I'd feel terrible if it happened to any team.)

Marshall football team?

That's a given and I meant more a team with a semi-national following (and I include those who casually follow the other teams in the league/conference.) Back then football wasn't even on the level it is now.

OK State Basketball team had one of two planes go down a couple years ago

With all the team flights, in all sports leagues every week, it is surprising (thank goodness) you don't hear of more air line problems

Considering NFL teams charter flights from big airlines, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more, either. I know the Redskins use United, even when Indpendence Air (that defunct air carrier) was the big sponsor of the team. They didn't have anything bigger than an A319 and teams require something much bigger than that.

Archived