1. 1. Who is your favorite Redskin QB?

• Sammy Baugh
    • Sonny Jurgensen
    • Bill Kilmer
    • Joe Theisman
    • Doug Williams
    • Mark Rypien
    • Other

The naming rights alone, reported to be worth $800 million to $1 Billion, will cover and debt JJ and the team will have in the stadium and I'm not really sure how you can say FedEx is paid off when Snyder borrowed like $800-900 million to buy the team and stadium. Snyder has a ton of debt in the team. JJ paid like $175 million for the Cowboys. Whatever he had to borrow has likely been repaid.

I know there's inflation and all, but when Danny sold the naming rights to what is now FedEx, he got $200M, and even that is payable over 20 years. Have naming rights gone up 500% in what, 10 years?

(I'm also a little curious. JJ owns the new stadium? I was under the impression that FedEx was the only NFL stadium that was owned by the team. In fact, the only one privately owned.)

there's a misnomer in the article. it lists the Cowboys as the most valuable "SPORTS" franchise in the "WORLD."

anybody who cares about the truth or reads beyond a 2nd grade level would know that Manchester United (yes, the English Premier League Futbol club) is actually the most valuable "SPORTS" franchise in the "WORLD."

i point this out because it's kinda funny how the last 3 years, whenever they would bring it up (especially on ESPN & FOX), it would always come with that disclaimer "Redskins are still America's most valuable sports franchise & second in the world behind English football giants Manchester United."

funny how this year that mention is nowhere to be found. & for those who might naively be thinking that it's because the 'pukes somehow jumped ahead of Man-U...i've got news for you. the gap is like $2 billion plus....it's not even close.

just another small FACT that points out the media abuse towards our Redskins franchise & the priestly love of a child that the media has for the Cowboys.

really, anybody who denies this is just blind, miopic & most likely a Cowboys fan...oh wait, or a Patriots fan.

I find this hard to believe...The new "platinum" parking at the stadium created an additional grand per spot this year. My tickets increased the usual 3%. And finally, they ran out of complimentary beverages and hot dogs in the dream seats before the game even started last week! That had to save some substantial revenue for the Skins!

When Danny Boy builds our new 100k Retractable Palace at the RFK site in SE next decade we will take the title back!:cheers:

.. or he can put some big spinning hubcaps on the outside of FedEx!

I'm telling you. With this news, Redskins Park is going to be burning the lights starting up plans to build a new stadium. No way will TheDaniel allow this to go on for very long. I have to admit though .. that new stadium for the Crackgirlz looks awful suh-weet. Too bad it will be used for evil purposes!

there's a misnomer in the article. it lists the Cowboys as the most valuable "SPORTS" franchise in the "WORLD."

anybody who cares about the truth or reads beyond a 2nd grade level would know that Manchester United (yes, the English Premier League Futbol club) is actually the most valuable "SPORTS" franchise in the "WORLD."

i point this out because it's kinda funny how the last 3 years, whenever they would bring it up (especially on ESPN & FOX), it would always come with that disclaimer "Redskins are still America's most valuable sports franchise & second in the world behind English football giants Manchester United."

funny how this year that mention is nowhere to be found. & for those who might naively be thinking that it's because the 'pukes somehow jumped ahead of Man-U...i've got news for you. the gap is like $2 billion plus....it's not even close.

just another small FACT that points out the media abuse towards our Redskins franchise & the priestly love of a child that the media has for the Cowboys.

really, anybody who denies this is just blind, miopic & most likely a Cowboys fan...oh wait, or a Patriots fan.

That is not true. The Redskins were valued more than Manchester United 3 years ago. With the strong pound and Euro it is probably not the case any longer.

The Redskins passed ManU two years ago...

Actually the Cowboys are the most valuable in the world, Manchester united is worth 1.453 billion

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2007/34/biz_07soccer_Soccer-Team-Valuations_Rank.html

The only way I can figure this out, considering its astronomical costs, and how little extra revenue it can actualy generate proportional to those costs, is because the stadium was subsidized by the taxpayers of Dallas, it must have been subsidized heavily.

For example, if someone buys you a rental property(that costs more to rent out then to leave vacant), you just got property for free, and your networth goes up. The stadium could never generate in revenue its total cost to build and the Cowboys would still be worth more(taxpayer funded waste, yay!).

BTW if you stay at a hotel in Dallas, you are contributing to the stadium fund ;-)

I don't agree with the way they valued this. I mean how can you add the stadium to the valuation when it hasn't been built yet? The one good thing about this is that it will definitely motivate Dan to build a nicer and bigger stadium than Jerry's in DC.

Archived