Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Philly Sportswriter speaks about how good the Redskins Defense is this year

NFLAnalyzer

Article Headline-"Skins Appear to have a Defense This year"

He makes the point that the Skins defense may be a lot better than the Defense the eagles offense struggled against on sunday and that the skins have 5 new defensive starters. Also pointing out that the skins defense held Miami to 273 yds total on sunday.

website-philly.com

I'm not sure if the Eagles offense is a bigger test since they didn't look that good on offense against the Green bay slackers

Philly's offense will undoubtedly be better than Miami's. Unfortunately, I don't expect Campbell to fair so well in a hostile Eagles' stadium. I have a sneaking suspicion we will have multiple false starts, and multiple delay of game penalties. I don't care how we walk out of this game, if we win, even if it is the ugliest game I've ever seen, I'll be happy.

i think campbell will rise to the occasion.

1. he should've got rid of those first game jitters.

2 he led auburn to an undefeated season; and that takes a lot of poise. playing away games in the NFL can't be any worse than playing at rival schools' stadiums.

3. lito's out. we should have at least 2 WRs open every play.

1. he should've got rid of those first game jitters.

Monday Night in front of a national audience is a totally different story. First game jittes will most likely pale in comparison. I don't expect him to have a pretty game. If we can avoid costly turn overs though I think we can squeak out a win.

Article Headline-"Skins Appear to have a Defense This year"

He makes the point that the Skins defense may be a lot better than the Defense the eagles offense struggled against on sunday and that the skins have 5 new defensive starters. Also pointing out that the skins defense held Miami to 273 yds total on sunday.

GB DL >>>>>>>>> Skins DL

Their CBs are good, safeties average and 2 LBs are real good. GB defense is overall better than Skins.

Monday Night in front of a national audience is a totally different story. First game jittes will most likely pale in comparison. I don't expect him to have a pretty game. If we can avoid costly turn overs though I think we can squeak out a win.

I think it's a good situation for the skins. They don't NEED this game - Philly does. Philly can NOT go down 0-2 with a loss AT HOME against a divisional rival. In a division that appears to be a tight race from the get-go, it's as close to "must win" as possible this early in the season.

Talking about Taylor and Landry...

It also makes the middle of the field a potentially unhealthy place for a wide receiver or tight end.

Enough said.

There were plenty of gaps in the middle of the field Sunday because of that wretched Cover 2 we are still running.

The Eagles will throw on us early and often. They will test Landry's coverage skills.

I don't expect this to be his best game, but it'll be a learning experience.

Good to hear the Skins defense is getting some respect.

All we need is out Offense to earn some respect.

I think other teams fear our running game, especially with CP back. But our passing game is suspect and AS needs to do something about that ASAP. Hopefully with the acquisition of Caldwell, we can get things going.

I think the bottom line is that we've got to get out of the teens. Our offense needs to come along now in the second year of Saunders....gotta get into the mid-20s on a regular basis.

Jim Johnson is going to attack relentlessly. Their secondary is weakened, and I like Cooley matching up against their LBs. Hopefully our running game doesn't skip a beat, especially with Trotter finally out of our way. We'll have some big-play opportunities, just no telling how many we'll be able to hit.

Philly's offense will undoubtedly be better than Miami's. Unfortunately, I don't expect Campbell to fair so well in a hostile Eagles' stadium. I have a sneaking suspicion we will have multiple false starts, and multiple delay of game penalties. I don't care how we walk out of this game, if we win, even if it is the ugliest game I've ever seen, I'll be happy.

JC and our offense is one thing I am not worried about. The Beagles D is not were near as good as Miami's. Now way no how. Who are their linebackers again? Other than Dawkings with Lito out tell me who is back there defending the pass? I don't know but I just think we match up so well against the Beagles on offense. Now D is another matter. Springs MUST play every down, and we must stop Westbrook. Other than that no one scares me on their offense side either.

Donovan is not 100%. I dont care what you say, it takes a full year on top of recovery time to become your old self again after tearing an acl. While Im sure he will play well, I dont expect to see him out there making all kinds of crazy, did you see that, type of plays. He can beat us with his arm, but hes not a top 5 qb right now. Hes going to need more time.

The Skins can and should win this game...but who the hell knows if we will.

Archived