Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Philly Sportswriter speaks about how good the Redskins Defense is this year

NFLAnalyzer

JC and our offense is one thing I am not worried about. The Beagles D is not were near as good as Miami's. Now way no how. Who are their linebackers again? Other than Dawkings with Lito out tell me who is back there defending the pass? I don't know but I just think we match up so well against the Beagles on offense. Now D is another matter. Springs MUST play every down, and we must stop Westbrook. Other than that no one scares me on their offense side either.

RIGHT-O!!! The PACKERS have absolutely NO Running-Game! The BIRDS have HORRID LB's! People are acting WAY-too-'leary' of the BIRDS.

If the REDSKINS play their 'NORMAL' Games (on Offense/Defense/Special Teams), we should have "LITTLE-to-NO Problems" in "DISPATCHING" the BEAGLES!!! Our DEFENSIVE Team-SPEED is "LIGHT-YEARS Greater" than last season's D!!!

My Formulas/Keys to VICTORY:

(1.) 'CHECK/Contain' Westbrook (i.e.: SHUT-DOWN their RUSHING Game);

(2.) 'Lay WOOD/Be ULTRA-PHYSICAL' in ALL-Phases (Offense/Defense/Teams);

(3.) CONSTANTLY-PRESSURE 'McFlab';

(4.) Crank-Up the 'TURBO-DIESEL/3-Headed' RUSHING Attack (Portis/Betts/Sellers);

(5.) 'PLAY-ACTION' the BIRDS-to-Death;

(6.) Take 7+ 'Shots' DOWNFIELD in the PASSING-Game; and,

(7.) "ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK! ...on Offense AND Defense - the ENTIRE Game ('PLAYOFF Atmosphere' for 4-Quarters)"!!!

:applause: :cheers: :2cents: :helmet: :logo: :point2sky :eaglesuck :dallasuck :gaintsuck

Remember the last time the Skins had a Monday Night game on the 2nd week of the season against a division opponent? I sure do, and the Dallas secondary does, too, I'm sure.

Yeah but we played them on SNF last year in Week 2, and look what happened. Just because something happens last year, or the year before, it still has no bearing on what happens THIS YEAR. Anything could happen this Monday night.

Article Headline-"Skins Appear to have a Defense This year"

He makes the point that the Skins defense may be a lot better than the Defense the eagles offense struggled against on sunday and that the skins have 5 new defensive starters. Also pointing out that the skins defense held Miami to 273 yds total on sunday.

website-philly.com

I'm not sure if the Eagles offense is a bigger test since they didn't look that good on offense against the Green bay slackers

what are you talking about, the packers defense will arguably be one of the best this year, they prolly has 5-6 d-linemen that could be starters almost everywhere, and 2 shutdown corners in woodson and harris. Plus they got AJ Hawk and Nick Barnett killin it. But I believe our defense is just as good as theirs though

RIGHT-O!!! The PACKERS have absolutely NO Running-Game! The BIRDS have HORRID LB's! People are acting WAY-too-'leary' of the BIRDS.

If the REDSKINS play their 'NORMAL' Games (on Offense/Defense/Special Teams), we should have "LITTLE-to-NO Problems" in "DISPATCHING" the BEAGLES!!! Our DEFENSIVE Team-SPEED is "LIGHT-YEARS Greater" than last season's D!!!

My Formulas/Keys to VICTORY:

(1.) 'CHECK/Contain' Westbrook (i.e.: SHUT-DOWN their RUSHING Game);

(2.) 'Lay WOOD/Be ULTRA-PHYSICAL' in ALL-Phases (Offense/Defense/Teams);

(3.) CONSTANTLY-PRESSURE 'McFlab';

(4.) Crank-Up the 'TURBO-DIESEL/3-Headed' RUSHING Attack (Portis/Betts/Sellers);

(5.) 'PLAY-ACTION' the BIRDS-to-Death;

(6.) Take 7+ 'Shots' DOWNFIELD in the PASSING-Game; and,

(7.) "ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK! ...on Offense AND Defense - the ENTIRE Game ('PLAYOFF Atmosphere' for 4-Quarters)"!!!

So, to summarize, if the Skins stop the run, run the ball, be physical, pressure the QB they'll win? Only thing you forgot is score more points than the Eagles. :)

i believe every team needs every game. they play 16 of them - not 162.

Understand. However, teams are expected to at least split their divisional games. Winning an away divisional game is veyr difficult to do, and therefore not expected, as evidenced by the line. It would be a lot harder on Philly if they were 0-2 with two conference losses and a divisional home loss. Not to mention they'd have lost two games they were "expected" to win.

PF

Article Headline-"Skins Appear to have a Defense This year"

He makes the point that the Skins defense may be a lot better than the Defense the eagles offense struggled against on sunday and that the skins have 5 new defensive starters. Also pointing out that the skins defense held Miami to 273 yds total on sunday.

website-philly.com

I'm not sure if the Eagles offense is a bigger test since they didn't look that good on offense against the Green bay slackers

They better talk about how good our defense is or I'll....... :nutkick:

All we need is out Offense to earn some respect.

I think other teams fear our running game, especially with CP back. But our passing game is suspect and AS needs to do something about that ASAP. Hopefully with the acquisition of Caldwell, we can get things going.

At least we can throw the ball downfield now, unlike last year. :doh:

Archived