Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins becoming NFC East frontrunners?

RenegadeTK

Prior to the beginning of the season, the vast majority of analysts had us finishing last in the division. However, after a week of football, and a plethora of injurues, i believe they will be talking about the redskins a little more favorably

Dallas:

Newman will be banged up all season

Glenn likely to miss entire season

Furguson done for the year

Secondary almost non-existent

Offense has firepower, but not tested against a good or even average defense

Giants:

Eli out for at least a month

Brandon Jacobs out for 3-5 weeks

Osi Umenyiora out for 2 months

Demps out for season

Secondary almost non-existen

AND.... Coughlin is still their coach

Eagles:

Horrendous special teams

Offense struggled to put point on the board

Not sure how long mcnabb will take to get back to old form.... if ever

If mcnabb goes down, which is very possible, who is his backup? so sad.

Lito out for a week

.....we have to be climbing to the front of the pack in everyones eyes

That's sure what it looks like. I just hope we can stay healthy, they've just had some really bad luck. Then again, we lost Jansen......

yeah.... but we have the means to put someone in there, not to replace him, but to keep our o-line effective and efficient. its gonna be a lot harder for the cowboys and giants to deal with their injuries

yeah.... but we have the means to put someone in there, not to replace him, but to keep our o-line effective and efficient. its gonna be a lot harder for the cowboys and giants to deal with their injuries

Oh definitely.....people already thought the Giants would be last in the division. Now they definitely will be. Unless they experience the second coming for QB......There's still Dallas and Philly though.

I am still worried about the Eagles, because McNabb has shown to be Favre-like in that when he's playing, they have a chance to win any game anytime. Also, Reid won't let his special teams unit play that horribly again for the rest of his tenure. Finally, they played a pretty good defense on the road, which might account for their poor performance. I do think the Redskins have a great chance to win the division, but let's not count out the Eagles just yet.

As for Dallas and the Giants, I was not impressed with either defense, and I think we'll be more than competitive in our games against them. I would be more apt to put us as the front-runner of the division if JC didn't have his worst game as a pro yesterday. Hopefully he'll improve drastically after getting rid of first-game jitters and light up the Eagles, but until he does that, I think we all should stay level-headed about our chances.

I'm worried about our pass coverage honestly. Will know in a few games because Miami isnt exactly a high powered offense.

we also didnt blitz miami much. GW is saving some of our schemes for our division rivals.

frontrunners? hell no. the cow****es could start a squad of retarded bovine and the mediots would still spin it in their favor. personally i like it that way.

Things are looking good for us, but we need to improve our offense (pass offense), and keep acting like we're the underdog. Once we get to the point of thinking that we are good and the favorites, we start to suck. We need to keep the mind set that we are being looked over and put down.

we also didnt blitz miami much. GW is saving some of our schemes for our division rivals.

I think people are using that as an excuse too much. I don't understand why GW would do that....I know the games against our division rivals mean more, but not so much more that you sacrifice your options just so you can play better against another team.

We still have to get our O together. Our ground game looked great, and I understand Campbell's inaccuracy can be attributed to the preseason, but he still needs to step up his short-intermediate accuracy.

One thing I know won't happen, is problems in the long ball. Campbell can launch it, and it helps that he throws the thing pretty damn well on top of far.

If Cooley can step up (think Dallas 05) and Moss becomes a bigger factor, our O can easily put 17-25 week in and week out.

And until we play a HIGH octane offense, our D should be fine. the Run stop is great, and our pass D is not sensational, but 20+ yarders are going to be hard to come by.

Archived