Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why does portis seem so bitter?

SkinsFan13

I don’t post or visit here daily or on the off season so I am not as educated as most of you, but what’s the deal with Portis? In the press conferences I saw him in he seemed so bitter.

Like he didn’t want anyone including skins fans to believe in him or the team an that’s fine cuz he was going to show everyone. I don’t know I got a vibe off him that was just like none of you need to believe in me I’m just gonna do what I do.

It seemed like from the things he said that he doesn’t want or care about his own fans believing in him.

Is most of what he said directed at the press and how retarded they are. Or is he bitter at all the fans too because of how some talked about trading him?

Or am I just crazy and did he not seem to have a chip on his shoulder at all in the post game?

I like Portis I think hes an amazing player. I would like to see more of the goofier side that I am used to.

I defintely sense a little bitterness in him and I love it.

The media this week, namely LaCanfora, started crap about teammates being upset with him over his non-practice this camp. Gibbs also said this week that if he "Had to guess" he'd say "Betts MAY get MORE of the carries. That led the media to all write that Betts WOULD get MOST of the carries. He was friendly with the media for his 3 seasons here but those guys are controversy mongers and they've kinda turned on him, also starting the talk of him being washed up. So I don't blame him for being mad and although I find him entertaining if he runs this hard each week I hope he never talks to anyone!

He talked to some reporter a week or two ago about this, and he made some good points. He hurt himself sacrificing his body to make a hell of a hit, played hurt and got re-injured and after Betts turned out to be a decent back, everyone sorta forgets Portis or writes him off. I'd be a little bitter, too. Hopefully, he'll see he's see the fans still appreciate him

Maybe he watched the NFC East segment on Around the Horn on Friday where the Redskins ceased to exist as an entity?

It's so hilarious when they do that. I've seen so many NFC East segments on ESPN that for some reason fail to include a bit on the Skins. It used to be frustrating, but now I've realized I can't depend on the media for a complete objective opinion.

Maybe he watched the NFC East segment on Around the Horn on Friday where the Redskins ceased to exist as an entity?

haha.... yeah. EVERY nfc east preview had about 5 words to say about the skins

portis is def playing with a chip on his shoulder, and i think that its good for the team. go out and prove all those analysts wrong that predicted it would be a 3-way race in the nfc east

once we re-establish ourselves as a threat to the outside world, then CP can go back to dressing up for the cam

Oh, and also-- I'm out of the area, so I didn't see any of the post game interviews and (shocker) the national media completely ignored the win. Did he say anything specific that made you think this?
The main video section on the front of the site has several post-game interviews. To me he just seems more low-key and focused than in years before.

haha well some say he is bitter and some say hes not. Either way I agree if he is and he is playing with a chip on his shoulder that could be good news. I like a player that has something to prove.

I just wanted to make sure the bitterness I saw was more directed at the media and all its BS and not so much the fans.

I like Portis alot and I dont want him to think that his fans have lost faith in him like much of the media has.

Bitter? I don't really think so. He's been saying for months he got complacent last season and is on a mission to show he's still a top back in the league. I'd say today was a good start.

I hope you are right. He needs to prove he can stay healthy, and he has what it takes to be great running back.

Anyone with talent can have a couple of good games. The key is consistency. He and Ladell can make a formidable duo in the back field.:applause: :notworthy :cheers: :point2sky

I don’t post or visit here daily or on the off season so I am not as educated as most of you, but what’s the deal with Portis? In the press conferences I saw him in he seemed so bitter.

Like he didn’t want anyone including skins fans to believe in him or the team an that’s fine cuz he was going to show everyone. I don’t know I got a vibe off him that was just like none of you need to believe in me I’m just gonna do what I do.

It seemed like from the things he said that he doesn’t want or care about his own fans believing in him.

Is most of what he said directed at the press and how retarded they are. Or is he bitter at all the fans too because of how some talked about trading him?

Or am I just crazy and did he not seem to have a chip on his shoulder at all in the post game?

I like Portis I think hes an amazing player. I would like to see more of the goofier side that I am used to.

Ah, now I can read it!:point2sky

GOOFY or not we need Portis to run the ball well and help the Redskins WIN!

Archived