Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why does portis seem so bitter?

SkinsFan13

I don’t post or visit here daily or on the off season so I am not as educated as most of you, but what’s the deal with Portis? In the press conferences I saw him in he seemed so bitter.

Like he didn’t want anyone including skins fans to believe in him or the team an that’s fine cuz he was going to show everyone. I don’t know I got a vibe off him that was just like none of you need to believe in me I’m just gonna do what I do.

It seemed like from the things he said that he doesn’t want or care about his own fans believing in him.

Is most of what he said directed at the press and how retarded they are. Or is he bitter at all the fans too because of how some talked about trading him?

Or am I just crazy and did he not seem to have a chip on his shoulder at all in the post game?

I like Portis I think hes an amazing player. I would like to see more of the goofier side that I am used to.

its because of jackasses in the media and jackasses on this board who chastise and don't believe he can be an impact player. He has every right to be bitter. I'm sure he shut up alot of people today, where are mcd5 and funguy now? Hiding in their rooms cuz portis was the ****ing man today while there lover betts wasnt

Portis is bitter because no one seems to remember he was HISTORICALLY great as an NFL running back prior to his sole injury as a player. He was among the Top 5 backs OF ALL TIME to start a career. He got a freak injury. And people slight him. You'd be bitter to.

Portis is bitter because no one seems to remember he was HISTORICALLY great as an NFL running back prior to his sole injury as a player. He was among the Top 5 backs OF ALL TIME to start a career. He got a freak injury. And people slight him. You'd be bitter to.

amen....

am i the only one that was hoping we would have one last run up the middle to get CP over 100 yards...... and obviously in better field goal range

Aside from one near fumble, Portis looked very good today.

Betts also looked great today. His 16 yard run/catch on the shovel pass on third down was huge.

Either looked like they could have gone for 150 yards if highlighted.

Hopefully Portis remains bitter.......it seems he may be finally growing up. I believe only "certain" types of Skins fans want to see our players in drag costumes.

"Not that there's anything wrong with that."

He has a right to be bitter.

The man was having a historic start to his career.

He's one of the premier runners in the league and an elite runningback.

And all he hears after sustaining injuries (due to his all out play and heart) is that he wasn't really all that great and that Ladell Betts is a "better fit" for the Redskins.

I'd be pissed off too, if I had given everything I had and produced like he has and did not receive the respect from the media and some misguided fans.

Listening to him yesterday, it also sounds like word has gotten back to him about all the trash some people say about him and yet not one person he's met (fan or otherwise) has had the guts to say anything to his face.

In the Press Conference he seemed to have a bitter tone. I liked it.

It was funny because at one point during the press conference Portis made a comment that got a chuckle out of the everybody in the room and the only one not laughing was Portis himself. It was kinda like "Ah ha ha...ha ha...............ha...............oh, he's serious". Portis just seemed like he was tired of everybody writing him off and now trying to act like they knew all along he was capable of doing what he did today.

You might be bitter too, if you go down with an injury in the first preseason game. Only to not be the same guy for 7-8 games into the regular season, only to go down for the season. In comes Betts and blows up, and the media goes crazy. I dont blame his frustration with the media, but thats todays NFL, he said nothing I thought was wrong. I think portis has one heck of a team attitude.

Portis is on a mission to shut most of the hatin media up. All I been hearing from some fans and a lot of media that this dude is not worth what he does off the field and that he isnt like he was in Denver.......Those folks gave him fuel and will give him fuel to shaddap all of the haters!!! Period point blank.

If his new attitude gets him 5.8 a carry then.......KEEP DOIN WHAT YA DO CLINTON!!! :cheers:

Archived