Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ade Jimoh -- Why no love from the fans?

meek

Jimoh has never seemed to have been a fan favorite with people on here and I've never really understood it. If he hasn't been the best, he's definitely been one of the Skins' top performers consistently on special teams the past couple of years. Its nice to see a guy from my alma mater make the roster in Leigh Torrence, but I sure hope our teams play doesn't suffer as a result and we find someone else that has a nose for downing punts at the 1yd line.:fingersx:

I liked Jimoh too, as a special teamer, but he was a below average CB.

If there's anything we've learned from James Thrash, though, its that a guy can make a career in this league pretty much solely based on his special teams play. Not to mention that Jimoh has always made bigger contributions (at least visible to the average viewer) than Thrash in terms of blowing up punt and kick returners and downing punts.

When Jimoh came in the game in coverage, the opposing quarterback went right at him. The result was many, long completed passes. That eventually cost him his job. If he does catch on with another team, I sincerely hope we play them during a stint when he's forced into a starting role at cornerback.

If there's anything we've learned from James Thrash, though, its that a guy can make a career in this league pretty much solely based on his special teams play. Not to mention that Jimoh has always made bigger contributions (at least visible to the average viewer) than Thrash in terms of blowing up punt and kick returners and downing punts.

The difference between Thrash and Jimoh is that Thrash is actually a competent WR, whereas Jimoh is absolutely one of the worst CB's I have ever seen play a down in the NFL.

Guys, I know he was good special teams guy and he had heart, etc., etc. But lets be honest, the fact that he has been able to stay on this team just shows how pitiful our depth and scouting department is.

Well, whatever the case may be I'm sure Danny Smith is sorry to see him go. I really don't care how well or poorly he could cover somebody because that wasn't what his primary contribution to the team was. Impact plays on special teams can have a much bigger impact on the course of a game than people realize imho.

I'll miss him for sure. He was nice as hell when seeing him in person at Wynn's carshow. While I'll miss Wynn too, losing Ade hurts more only cause he was always solid on special teams and seemed to have some great plays every so often.

Was going to happen sooner or later I guess. Man played hard on special teams, but just couldn't get the consistency going in the DB area. Regardless, he has been a bit of a fixture with the Redskins for several years and as such, he'll missed a bit,(and as stated. Now ES needs somebody else to beat up on).

I loved Ade Jimoh. Let's remember this guy was an undrafted free-agent back in 2003 under Steve Spurrier. What's amazing is that depite his below average corner skills, he played for four years. Not many people last that long on one team coming out of college undrafted. So, much respect to him for work hard each off-season.

I can remember the first time hearing the name Ade Jimoh like it was yesterday....we were playing the Patriots back in 2003 before they tore off their 20 consecutive wins and Tom Brady had torched him for a TD. I remember thinking to myself "what is this clown doing in the game over Smoot and Champ". But nonetheless, he earned my respect for competing hard on special teams.

Ade, thanks for your hard work and effort over the past four seasons with us. You will certainly be missed and good luck wherever you go!

:)

Archived