Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ade Jimoh -- Why no love from the fans?

meek

He was a special teams monster up to and through this preseason, but seemed unable to reach #5 CB status. I think some of the young guys seemed to play well on teams, and had more upside as potential starters/backups. I really liked Ade on teams, too bad he wasn't able to lift his CB game. I will miss him on kicks. Good luck Ade.

You just earned yourself a 6 day break.

I'm not sure when people decided they could say anything they want here?

Thank you for that and on your last thought/question I was wondering the same thing myself. It's been an off weekend all around. Maybe it's the wait for the opener that's doing it. The wondering if this season is finally going to be "The Season" - enough waiting already is how I feel at the moment. I just hate the pre-season. Let the games begin already. :cheers:

Ade was great for the Redskins...a blue-collar football player who gave it his all every play...it was obvious he wasn't as athletically skilled as other high-caliber players, yet he exudes more heart and fight than many players in the NFL...He was good for us during his tenure and I hope he continues to get better

If there's anything we've learned from James Thrash, though, its that a guy can make a career in this league pretty much solely based on his special teams play. Not to mention that Jimoh has always made bigger contributions (at least visible to the average viewer) than Thrash in terms of blowing up punt and kick returners and downing punts.

Watch Thrash on downfield run-blocking and you'll realize he is also pretty important from that aspect. He and Moss are pretty much the only two WR's (at least from what we have seen the last few years) we have who aren't afraid to get dirty.

I suppose on special teams he was good enough but he looked like the worst corner in the NFL whenever he had to cover anybody. I guess they decided that the special teams will be fine without him and we now have four competent corners with Smoot replacing Kenny Wright and Macklin.

Agreed. I think everyone liked Jimoh on special teams and cringed when they saw him on the field with the rest of the defense. I wouldn't be surprised if opposing offenses were given the word that "If Jimoh is on the field, forget the play that was called and just pass it to whoever Jimoh guards."

Archived