Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking News: Cooley Extended

JimmiJo

How about because I was under the assumption (obviously incorrect) that the forum rules basically stated (paraphrasing).... ONE thread per topic, and having already been a member of the NNT club for a while last fall for just that reason I really didn't want to go back there.

Though I wonder if it might clean the forum up to just have a single "MSF Rants" thread in the Stadium where I could post my comments on all the things the Redskins do that drive me crazy as they occur, so as not to clutter up or hijack the other threads on those topics. :D

Tarhog, please make sure you put a sticky on it so we can always have his thread at the top of the page.

From 1999-2000 he served as the Wide Receivers Coach under Dick Vermeil and later as Assistant Head Coach under Mike Martz. During this period, the Rams won Super Bowl XXXIV.

I total forgot that he'd been part of that Rams coaching staff. Probably because I don't follow football once the Redskins season is done. My bad.

I'm ver yhappy that Cooley got his money, he has earned it but The front office of the Skins worries me they act like they want to wait til the last second to give deserving Redskins their money, but they throw money by the truckload to guys from other teams in free agency. Dan sometimes feeds into a stereotype that I don't want to believe is true.

Oh great.

So now they've overpaid for a slow TE---who embarrasses the organization with that funky hair and those ghey shorts---who will now get fat and happy. They had a chance to get a hungry "contract year" season out of the guy, but NOOOOO, they had to go eff things up by extending him with a WHOLE SEASON left on his contract.

Snyder sux and Cerrato should be fired.

Oh great.

So now they've overpaid for a slow TE---who embarrasses the organization with that funky hair and those ghey shorts---who will now get fat and happy. They had a chance to get a hungry "contract year" season out of the guy, but NOOOOO, they had to go eff things up by extending him with a WHOLE SEASON left on his contract.

Hahahaha. Couldn't have said it better myself, Om.

:laugh: Nice.

Seriously though, this avoids a year-long hold out, followed by Gibbs going to Cooley's house and finding him drinking a beer at eight o'clock in the morning. (Y'know, like the other slow white guy with funky hair who embarassed us by hitting on a Supreme Court Justice.) ;):D

mug1328.jpg

Oh yeah, I amost forgot my favorite Cooley/Riggins similarity. Both of them have been known to leave cleat marks...on opponents' chests. :laugh:

I'm ver yhappy that Cooley got his money, he has earned it but The front office of the Skins worries me they act like they want to wait til the last second to give deserving Redskins their money, but they throw money by the truckload to guys from other teams in free agency. Dan sometimes feeds into a stereotype that I don't want to believe is true.
Last second would have been AFTER the Season BEFORE Free Agency.

This is awesome news!!!

Oh great.

Sure. Steal the story line. Now LaCanfora has to come up with something else.

No - but top 10. Gates is #1 I think - at least in terms of cap number.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20050824-9999-1s24chargers.html

Gates will make between $10 million and $11 million in bonuses and salary over the first two years of the contract, a pile of money that ranks behind only Baltimore's Todd Heap, Kansas City's Tony Gonzalez and Cleveland's Kellen Winslow Jr. Gates could earn $24 million over the life of the deal.

Archived